Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Ventana posted:

I need this yesterday

https://youtu.be/eX_WzVnraMQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
The only part of final fantasy 15 I found difficult was couerls in the odd case I couldn't nuke them with magic. They're just complete assholes in that game.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
I wonder how long it will take for someone to mod the new script into ff7. (with the newer content added in eventually)

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Harrow posted:

I think Square could always make good games--the Bravely games, Octopath Traveler, etc. all came out during Square's "can't do anything but FFXIV right" phase--but they were a lovely publisher for western games like Tomb Raider and Hitman, and I think just had a habit of getting stuck in horrible quagmires with anything Final Fantasy. The development of FFXIV 1.0 and that whole disaster is well-documented and I bet it's emblematic of how things went for everything Final Fantasy for a good while there.

Given the budget the FFVII Remake is getting, and the fact that it's going to be like at least three games, I doubt we'll see a Final Fantasy XVI any time soon, but I really hope that when the time does come for that, they take the lessons learned from FFXIV 2.0 and FFVII Remake and just, y'know, worry about making a good game instead of getting stuck in a vortex about the Final Fantasy label and its legacy.

And of course on the "Enix" side of Square Enix, Dragon Quest has been killing it. Both Dragon Quest Builders games are great, and Dragon Quest XI is fantastic.

Yoshi-p is the Exec Producer on FF16 so I bet we'll see something sooner than you expect (still not for another year though)

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Taima posted:

I don't get this perspective at all, the PS4 pro is amazing and has been for a long time. HDR? 4K? I would be curious to know why it's such a snooze for some people.

HDR is available on normal ps4s since it doesn't actually take extra processing power and 4k isn't always noticable. Hard to justify buying a new ps4 just for that.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Taima posted:

Ah that's fair I didn't know the original PS4 got HDR.

HDR doesn't really require any extra processing power its extra metadata that gets passed along with the image via hdmi. The constraints are mainly on the other hardware, you need a compatible cable (high speed hdmi) and tv for it.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Waffleman_ posted:

The Gold Saucer is its own entire game, a live service game where you create your own avatar and explore a persistent Gold Saucer with other players to earn points to use in the next game.

Isn’t that just FFXIV?

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Phobophilia posted:

Just started this game, I need a break from Bloodborne (even if the sweet blood still sings to me).

Is the primary strategy in this game mashing square until my ATB bar fills, then I do a thrust attack into them to pressure/stagger them, then I go nuts with punisher mode and spam the special ability attacks? Like what other tricks should I aim for?

And when should I block or evade?

That’s the basic flow until you expand your moveset.
As a note punisher mode will counterattack melee attacks when you’re blocking, but doesn’t lower ranged damage.

Evade only when you know it’ll be moving away from an attack or you’re activating the deadly dodge materia, there are no iframes. Blocking is a good idea in general especially when dealing with homing attacks and ranged attacks. There is a lot of completely unavoidable damage in the game and blocking is your main tool to mitigate it.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

ImpAtom posted:

Do people really not go "Huh" or "Hmm" even when working on something by themselves? That strikes me as very weird.

Yeah I definitely do. Also make grunts when doing menial labor.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Asema posted:

whats your animation budget though

Very little. It’s why I’m mostly in an office chair all day

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Funky Valentine posted:

What little we see of Sephiroth in the OG game before he learns the awful truth is just this weird, aloof guy.

CC keeps him as a weird, aloof guy but also as just A Guy, who jokes around with his friends and uses a lot of shampoo in the shower and has a fanclub run by Hojo(?)

Even the gacha game evercrisis continues that with showing him as a young adult whos just being thrust into being "Shinra's Hero" and isn't really sure how to handle it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
One thing FF7re did really well in capturing the spirit of the original is that the most important things in doing well in the game are still knowledge and preparation. Outside of mini games you don’t actually need any high input dexterity to beat anything in the game. Just a good setup and understanding of the battle system. Hopefully this continues in rebirth.