Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
New mini-game at the honey bee

https://gfycat.com/acidicheftycorydorascatfish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

NikkolasKing posted:

I give them some credit since they really do seem to try to shuffle around their casts a lot. A lot of dubs reuse the same handful of voices a lot which is generally unavoidable but Square with all their money and resources bring in a lot of new or lesser known talent. You are more of ten than not going to hear familiar voices doing minor roles.

This is kinda nonsense, japan reuses talent just as much. I never understood this complaint.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Failboattootoot posted:

Yeah, it gives me hope that they managed to thread the needle of making the wall market still real doofy and weird, but in a way that isn't going to come across as lovely towards queer people.

Literally impossible, people still complain about Sylvando.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kids spell lose as loose nowadays

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Son of Rodney posted:

Literally 95 percent of people who buy this will have played the original. For anybody younger than say 30 this is gonna be one of those weird anime games that they don't give a poo poo about.

Are you expecting this to sell like 30k copies or....

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

A Sometimes Food posted:

I mean makes sense. This is actually looking good while your friend apparently loves rolling in garbage for hundreds of hours.

Sa's hatred of persona will always be fascinating, like some corner of dust held up in a busy store.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I can't fathom having the energy to play something I said multiple times I stated I'll hate, maybe I don't have the brain chemicals to handle it

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Harrow posted:

This game's story is probably going to take a lot of very dumb twists and turns but let's not forget that the original game was loving wild already. Everything about Cait Sith, for example, was dumb as gently caress and hilarious and great.

If you don't know what's the new twist, you don't know how Nomura it actually is.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

And all so you can get on a loving boat. That's the kind of thing I can see getting gutted or massively changed in the sequels, when all the tight storytelling of Midgar is over and you're just kind of meandering around the world hoping to bump into Sephiroth.

Yeah you don't have to worry about that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Human Crouton posted:

Cloud is going to beat up Aerith in the remake, it's going to be a button prompt event, and the game won't proceed until you press the button.

This is Nomura, the button will auto-press even if you do nothing. Like when Third Birthday had you kill Eve forever even with no button press.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Madurai posted:

Okay, thread. It's fine. It's fine. I will pay sixty dollars for a remake of one quarter of a videogame. You've activated enough FOMO that I am going to do this thing.

(also the demo helped)

Lol midgard is barely one quarter of disk 1