Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Victory Position posted:

you can post about cursed mods all you want, but you will all regret it when someone adds a "switch Cloud for Noctis" mod

That, and swapping Barret for Prompto will be the best mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Frabba posted:

Please give me a New Years gift and make this downloadable at midnight square.

:emptyquote:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

If the Demo carries over to the full release, great. If not, come March, I'll be able to breeze through the Demo portion, because I'll have played it to the point that I can do it in my sleep.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Apparently, the Demo PKG was leaked, and someone was able to get it up and running on a dev version PS4.

If you want to watch a 30 min video in 360p it now goes up to 1080p, do it before it's pulled.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jan 1, 2020

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Webbeh posted:

Folks are already datamining some resources from the beta: https://twitter.com/OtherEhm/status/1212513660293304321

(read Twitter thread, spoilers on folks that haven't been shown yet)

Even President Shinra spends time at the Honey Bee Inn

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The leaks are dyin', Cloud.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I know it probably won't happen, because it would have been announced by now, but I'd like to see some sort of IZJS option that limits what Materia each character can equip.

Maybe as a DLC…

Son of Rodney posted:

Haha, I was just coming into this thread to say that I've started replaying the original after like 5 years, and that I still enjoy it as much as I hoped I would. I even think the graphics are still reasonably well aged, since the "remake" version you get now has at least smooth polygons and poo poo. It's a welcome mix of nostalgia and suprise at how much I ended up forgetting over the years for me, idk.

I tried to replay it a year or so ago, and I forgot how many drat mini games it has. They're all so loving bad. It's the only part of the remake that I'm not looking forward too.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Apparently there's some new dialogue where Hojo talks to Aerith about how he killed her mother, then cut her up and cataloged all of the pieces for study.

:stonk:

Sounds about right for Hojo.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

"One time I stayed up a little too late and put all the specimens in the coffee cabinet. That sure woke everyone up the next morning! Ha ha! Ahh, we like to have fun here."

Scroll down to the Fanart...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gackt, like the FF7 EU, is garbage that shouldn't be acknowledged.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Chillgamesh posted:

If SE had any sense they'd treat DoC the entire EU like SEGA treats Sonic 06, by pretending it doesn't exist and just saying "oh yeah haha whoops" whenever they can't avoid talking about it. This is also how the cast of FF7 should treat Vincent, Red XIII, and Cait Sith in the remake

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sometimes, I love the internet. The theory I'm starting to see is that we'll get the demo on 2/7/20, because (F)riday, (F)ebruary (7).

At least this theory seems plausible.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

HD DAD posted:

The demo was in our hearts all along

Boy have I got some bad news for you...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Shoulda called Remako.

OK, but it turns out it's pronounced Mack-oh, and not Make-oh, because :squeenix:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Give Aeris a Cockney accent and have her pronounce it Mack-oh, while everyone else has an American accent and pronounce it Make-oh. Problem solved.

It'll have to be Barret instead of Aerith, as he's the first one to say it, and that's how I learned it's Mack.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Petition to have Idris Elba voice Barret.

I was thinking the obvious choice of Samuel L. Jackson, with Morgan Freeman as Our Narrator, Cloud.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/XyleHarkyn/status/1218348437550325760

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

precision posted:

Don't worry, by the time FF7R is finished, there will be Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Pocket Edition HD+

(Have any of y'all actually played FF15 Pocket, because I keep getting this sick desire to buy it)

They're also making Final Fnatasy XV Mobile, which will be a FFXV MMORPG, so expect there to also be a Final Fantasy VII Remake HD+ Mobile, The MMO.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

TommyGun85 posted:

You can die in FFXV?

Absolutely.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I said come in! posted:

I hadn't heard about this! I mean, maybe you're joking, but it wouldn't surprise me if this were real. :v: In Japan there was a Final Fantasy MMORPG for iOS and Android, but it was shut down within a year.

It's real.

TommyGun85 posted:

Buy max potions an hour into the game and hold O button to win. Your welcome and also context for my earlier post sarcastically asking if it was possible to die in FFXV.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Use the items you goober. They're plentiful and cheap.

Also have you been crafting magic grenades and using them? Those are easy mode.

None of that matters when you're bad at video games. Which I am. Hell, I die playing Final Fantasy Mystic Quest.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The things you guys talk about to avoid talking about the fact that we didn't get a demo is just :allears:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Scalding Coffee posted:

Tomato and carrot.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

It's gonna be Dan Castellaneta doing his Groundskeeper Willie voice.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

RatHat posted:

To be honest I played the original and I only have the vaguest notion of what happens in it.

Did you read Elentor's Love Letter LP? Because it explains a lot. Like, I thought I knew everything about FF7, but his LP proved that I knew nothing.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Terper posted:

It's in the OP :argh:

Who reads OPs?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

It's gonna have a world map, just like Final Fantasy XV.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

PancakeTransmission posted:

I was thinking FFX. A traditional world map with random encounters can't possibly happen with the current battle system unless they really wanna go full "pause the action while it loads a separate scene, zoom in, finish battle, zoom back out to world map".
Or maybe they will do that to keep it closer to the original, if the transitions are quick enough it might actually not be too annoying.

But either way, surely they won't have it as "party silently travels between towns, dumps an hour of story, then back to silently travelling" like the original

I'm gonna put this behind spoiler tags for those who didn't watch the demo footage:

In the demo footage, even though it's not on the World Map, it already works like FFXV, where enemies are on the map, and when you get close, an encounter starts. Like in DQXI, there's a ring around the battle area, and if you get outside of it, you've fled the battle (with it working like FFXV, instead of making a run away check like DQXI). The World Map will probably be more of the same thing, though I could also see it working like it does in FFX.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

This image contains a for those avoiding the trailers

Here's hoping I can unsee this by the time I get to that point in the game...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Psycho Knight posted:

I mean, even if you look at the scene the way it is, Tifa's reaction when she finds out that the party was on the airship and may have saw the the two of them is really overly dramatic if all they did was lean against each other on a rock and sleep. The party wouldn't have heard the conversation between the two, so it's not like she'd be embarrassed by that (I don't recall them hearing it anyway... unless I'm forgetting about a line where it's mentioned the PHS was on or something).

Plus, you know, the whole "words aren't the only way to express feelings" stuff. They totally smashed.

If you watch the video linked above, it shows that if Tifa's Affection is under 50, the scene plays out differently. Once on the Highwind, she says, "......Were you listening?" instead of, "......Were you watching?". They never specifically mention the PHS, or how they heard, though.

precision posted:

Release the @$$# demo!

Every day they don't release the demo, they piss off more fans. At this rate, I wonder if they'll have to hit Blizzard levels of angry fans before they release it...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

precision posted:

A dev was quoted as saying Loveless was a reference. Sister Ray is such a weird name and such an iconic song I dunno how it isn't. The musician Dio is literally the only person I've ever heard of with that name. Gainsborough would be a stretch if not for all the other ones. And "Lucretia My Reflection" is an extremely well known goth song

:shrug:

Dio is the only one I know.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

precision posted:

Loveless is a very well known album from the early 90s, considered to be the father of shoegaze.

Serge Gainsborough was a very famous and good singer and his daughter is an actress in lots of great movies.

Sister Ray is a Velvet Underground song.

Nope. Don't know any of those. Sorry.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Yuffie is great and I will hear no words to the contrary.

Lucky for you, this is text, so you can just read that Yuffie and Vincent (and Red XIII) are garbage.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I forgot that Hedgehog Pie was in VII. I mainly remember that from that really obnoxious minigame in IX.

That's every minigame in IX. VII, too.

Captain Foo posted:

where is hell house

It was in the trailer featuring the new theme song.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I won't hear any bad words about Chocobo Hot and Cold. :colbert:

Kheldarn posted:

Lucky for you, this is text, so you can just read that Vincent and Red XIII, and EVERY MiniGame in FFIX are garbage.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my First class in the SOILDIER, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Wutai, and I have over 300 confirmed level ups. I am trained in THE BLADE and I'm the top SOILDIER in all of Midgar. You are nothing to me but just another experience point. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Gia, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the train system? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of AVALANCHE across the the Slums and your Lifestream is being traced right now so you better prepare for Thundaga, maggot. The thundaga that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my Buster Sword. Not only am I extensively trained in THE BLADE, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Shin-Ra Electric Power Company's Summon Materia and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what Alexander's holy judgement your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will cast Leviathan's Tsunami all over you and you will drown in it. You're loving dead, kiddo.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A MATERIA INTO THE SLOT. IT’S MIMIC AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, YUFFIE. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME SHIN-RA BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE PLANETS MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

RatHat posted:

Uncompressed cutscenes?

precision posted:

Part 1 contains the assets for the entire game

cock hero flux posted:

as a reminder the PC version of FFXIII, a game released in 2009, was 60+ GB of which at least 45 GB consisted purely of uncompressed video files

SQUEENIX.TXT

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

I just want the demo :(

Latest rumor is that we'll get it on March 3.

Who knows, though

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Are you ready to load up on rat asses? :black101:

https://twitter.com/finalfantasyvii/status/1230160362240167936

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/finalfantasyvii/status/1231262625293619201

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011