Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Agents are GO! posted:

There are so many properties Square-Enix could revive, Actraiser, E.V.O., Valkyrie Profile, Ogre Battle, God they have a ton of great games they're just sitting on. :(

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

Give us a remake of Vagrant Story, as a Dark Souls-alike.

It's the *perfect* kind of game for that experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
tbh, I want to get the game, but I can't for another year.

Yay exclusivity deals!

Well, at least I'll be able to see how they plan to do the whole episodic thing by then.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Jackard posted:

Well, I was interested in this until learning they left out co-op just because it didn't fit the camera view they wanted.

So it's back to waiting for the Crystal Chronicles remake!

Eh, I never played it Co-Op to begin with.

Definitely plan on picking that one up.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Say, I know the game's episodic, but have they said anything about how many episodes they're planning to make out of this?

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Knowing game fanbases and game companies

I don't know if they'll finish it in that case.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Well, whether or not they can get around to making them all, I do intend to pick them up--I for one can't wait to play Grand Theft Auto: Midgar City Stories.

:v:

When I can. On PC.

:smith:

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Elephant Ambush posted:

I don't know why people keep saying this. This series is like printing money. The sales from this game will fully fund development of the rest and they already have a team that can do them all.

The only thing potentially stopping them is this whole global pandemic thing.

It's making money *right now*

General wisdom is, though, that each sequel will make less and less money.

I mean, the one up there said 3 or 4, but they don't even know how many games it'll take, etc.

This one, if it covers only the midgar section, would only cover somewhere between a quarter and a third of the first disc, or about 1/9th of the game.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Dell_Zincht posted:

Wutai won't be in the game, it'll be a DLC extra

Watch Wutai be it's own game.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Dell_Zincht posted:

Even Square don't know how many installments it's going to be but going by the original game it'll be 3 minimum, probably more than likely going to be 4 or even 5.

That's a big chunk of playtime per installment, not even factoring the expanded universe stuff they're likely to include as well.

*That's* the problem with me.

They don't have a concrete plan to follow, not a good sign to avoid bloat and other things that can drag the games down, even if this one is good.

I mean, I'm still getting the games--but I'd be less pessimistic if they had an actual plan, or even at least *knew how many games it'd take*

It gives me Xenosaga vibes--not to say that that was a bad game series, but that that game development rather fell apart as it went on.

DMW45 fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Mar 24, 2020

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Hogama posted:

Dissidia doesn't have quest mode battle beach. :colbert:

FTFY

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
I think they should've given it a subtitle to denote it as it's own experience, FFVII: Midgar, etc.

Personally, I like that they're going to flesh out President Shinra into a real full game villain status before he gets ganked this time.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Because 'Whales'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

PancakeTransmission posted:

Wall market boss spoiler - I couldn't figure out the ---hell house-- at all. Like I read the Assess description, but it felt like vulnerability windows were too small and I kept loving up and healing it or doing little damage. I was down to my last Phoenix Down, if I ran out I would have restarted the fight and bumped it down to Easy cause I just couldn't get the rhythm.

I've also had a few bosses where my characters would get ressed and then immediately die because they were too stupid to move out of the way I was too dumb to take control of them and get out of the way of telegraphed attacks.

Y'know, when you're talking about ---hell house-- the term vulnerability windows takes on a whole new meaning in my head.