Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Lavender fedora boy is Ursula.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

NikkolasKing posted:

Not to shoot down the discussion of XV having a good, simple story but I see it as totally the opposite. The game is pretty pro-god and pro-destiny. It was a refreshing change of pace to have Fate be something good for a change.

It's tragic sure but Noct saved the world and it's all thanks to Bahamut and the gods helping him along the way.

The second DLC arc that got cancelled was supposed to be an alternate ending explaining how Bahamut sucks, and have Noctis, Luna, and Ardyn defying the fate that was forced on them because they deserved better than to be pawns in some nonsense.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

NikkolasKing posted:

So I've heard but that's not really the story the actual game tells.

On the whole, the Astrals are pretty chill. Leviathan is a bit of a jerk but Ifrit helped build the single greatest civilization in the history of the planet before humans attacked him or something.

Shiva is nice and gives you lots of exposition and was always there to help Luna. Ramuh just asked us to wander around a few little places and then he'll come in and scoop s up and zap and kill an entire base of Imperials for us....

They're cool folks.

The story is just one of duty. Duty calls and sometimes it sucks but in the end, everything is better for you having fulfilled that duty. If Noct hadn't died, Daemons and the Starscourge would endure forever.

I felt that even in the base game's story they had setup that Ardyn being put into the villain role, and thus the whole True King sacrificial final battle thing, were suspicious and arbitrary.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The ... button on the app will have a "view product" option, select that to go to the store page, on which there's another ... button that will open a dropdown with different versions of the game to purchase; PS4, Intergrade, Intergrade digital deluxe, and Free Upgrade for PS4 Owners.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Rand Brittain posted:

I was able to add the "Free Upgrade for PS4 Owners" and purchase it through the web store, but it's not giving me an update to download.

Just to be sure I'm getting this right, there's supposed to be upgrades available for the PS4 version, right, even though we don't get the Yuffie episode?

The "PS4 upgrade" is that you get free other copy of the game for playing on PS5.
There is no update for the version of the game that runs on PS4.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

It was previously advertised as "Play first on Playstation. Timed exclusive until March 2021." Not exactly crazy to assume that means Square Enix has an eventual port planned.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Extremely hosed up IMO that Sony paid for timed exclusivity against themselves, and then also breached it by allowing it to be playable on PS5 prior to the stated date.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Per the video RareAcumen linked, an extended universe book mentioned that when Tifa was a kid she broke a bone and had to get surgery to have it set with metal pins, and apparently some people interpreted that to mean "they've retconned Tifa to be a cyborg with an adamantium skeleton" without knowing that's just a normal surgery that exists in real life.

Gruckles fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jan 4, 2022

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Nomura is good, and FF7RP2I should have Yozora and Mickey Mouse in it.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Party ends up in a 'gift of the magi'-esque situation where everyone individually sold off all their materia and gear between games to pay for the group's travelling expenses, and importing a save gets you a buttload of gil.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I'm guessing they mean the Slum Outlaws, everything in that group are simple human enemies that are all weak to fire.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Calaveron posted:

If I recall correctly Sephiroth uses a full bottle of shampoo and conditioner and takes him over an hour to brush his hair

He also mixes a different scented perfume in each day.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Mzbundifund posted:

True, but Tifa’s job is Terrorist so Cloud just has some really bad options.

Tifa has a steady job as a skilled bartender, the terrorism is just a side gig.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Gologle posted:

Harrow...Stamp's not real bro. He's a mascot.

How could you say this. Stamp is real, my friend, and a good boy that never stops.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

A guy stealing another guy's name and then duplicating himself isn't any harder to keep track of than the Jenova Sephiroth clones tbh.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Between parts 1 and 2, we're already at 4 discs for the whole remake. Surely we'll hit at minimum 6 discs total with part 3.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Could be something like without Cloud, Aerith gets collected from the church by Reno. Barret and Tifa either get arrested by Shinra at some point, or the other Avalanche cell does their raid on Shinra HQ still and they come along. Then they meet Aerith and Red XIII in the prison and escape.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Cid complaining about how hard it was to keep track of everyone's materia is essential.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The truck will make Palmer isekai between timelines but this won't actually be relevant to anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

NikkolasKing posted:

You don't know the legend of DSP? I only know him because of this forum, or I guess because of two of the more notable members of this forum once upon a time:

I was gonna link slowbeef and Chip Cheezum commentating over DSP's MGS2 playthrough but I can't find it. It's probably out there somewhere but Phil is not just a bad gamer, he's kind of a dickhead and comes after anyone who mocks him pretty hard so I'm sure it was al removed or privated by beef and chip cuz I wouldn't wanna deal with this guy, either.

Being angry at video games is fun. Phil's thing is more...hatewatching at how obnoxious he can be, at least for some people.

Chip made it private because Phil went through a phase of threatening to have Machinima's legal team sue anyone reuploading his game footage, and accusing Slowbeef specifically of sabotaging his business and income. Here's a reupload of it, and a bonus of the LP goons' parody video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFvdjqKSPDk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buUM916QRJk