Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I expect the game to be, gameplay wise, entertaining, but story wise, bad. I would be absolutely happy to be wrong about the story, and very sad to be wrong about the gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Let's mosey.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
smh at tifa winning the polls right now.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
"FIENDS SLAIN THIS MONTH"

Terper (battle Lvl 69) Elentor (battle Lvl 99) Lowtax's_Spine (???)

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I don't know if this deserves to be a spoiler, but here we go

:siren:CLOUD IN DRESS SPOTTED:siren:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
More like Palmer looks the best.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Chillgamesh posted:

I can't believe this game might actually be good

Your avatar matches dubstep squatting music way too well, fyi.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

HD DAD posted:

There’s some script leak stuff that suggests somewhat major story changes. Or additions, at least.

HERE BE SPOILERS:

Hojo wanted to breed Aerith with G-Type SOLIDERs, referencing CC. Sephiroth seems to be quite chatty with Cloud in his head. The “Watchers of Fate” are way more integrated into the story it seems, with Aerith and Red straight up explaining what they are - they even appear and interrupt Hojo as he tells Cloud he was never in SOLDIER. Apparently they act as a sort of “destiny police” for the Lifestream, and appear to those who are trying to deviate from the will of the Planet.

If this is true, then this all sucks. Literally of this is bad.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I couldn't help myself and went to go look for more leaks to be mad about, and I found some battle animations. Boy, Elentor is going to start foaming out the mouth and blood is going to go spurting from his eyes in anger when he sees what they've done to Aeris' attack animations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

NikkolasKing posted:

Everyone should just play or replay FFVII with the New Threat Mod.

https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14938.0

Best version of the game in terms of gameplay.

Where's Iscar Matthias?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
She wants to ride that chocobo

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Honestly, being completely serious, if they are actually able to preserve the atmosphere and feeling of that time spent finding and piecing together Cloud's fractured psyche it will be unironically one of the best points in modern video games if they ever even make it to that game.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
smh at the ppl in this thread who don't know a quote when they see it

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The team that made FFXIV 1.0

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The game came out in '97. What is there to spoil?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Fair enough, Terper.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
What K Pop band do you think Vincent listens to?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Wait, are we seriously having the same loving conversation in two different threads?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
We did get a demo though. What, you didn't go to E3?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Are they going to audition an actual Scotsman to play Cait Sith you think? It's 2020 after all, we don't have to put up with bad accents nowadays.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Man, don't even get me started on WC3R.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I don't know who that is on the left.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Elentor posted:

For real though how is the answer not immediately costa del sol, imagine swimming all day every day in that place.

I never learned how to swim.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
It's to symbolize how before Cloud met Aerith he was just like any other cliff. A dead end, no way forward. Aerith and Tifa are his bridges to the future.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
When you were chocobo racing, I studied the blade. When you were having publix sex in full view of the Highwind, I mastered my materia. While you wasted your days at the Gold Saucer in pursuit of vanity, I cultivated my Limit Breaks. And now that the world is on fire and the WEAPONS are at the gate you have the audacity to come to me for help.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
How did he get an internship at Shinra at 15?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I mean Tifa probably punched him in the face a lot back when they were enemies. He probably liked that, actually.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
What I want to know is, what are Elentor's thoughts on that picture? He's the only FF7 guru I trust nowadays in a post 2016 election world.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

WE DEEPGROUND BOIZ

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
RTS is dead. It'll be a MOBA. OR. It'll be... a MOBA MMO.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
So what you're saying is...if I max both Aeris and Tifa's affection meter, in Part 2 I get to see BOTH of them kiss Cloud on the cheek in the gondola?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Playstation Japan's Youtube channel has been uploading some FF7R stuff, btw. Pretty much liking all of what I've seen thus far.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Crisis Core was alright at the time. With the advances in gaming and personal growth from back then, you may not be able to enjoy it now.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The...Jenova mitochondria-?!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
He simultaneously dies fighting an entire army, and also gets shot in the head by like 3 Shinra grunts. Both can be true if you factor in the hallucinogenic effects of Jenova cells.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I mean, in Crisis Core, as he's dying he literally sees Angeal flying down from the heavens to scoop him up in his big bara arms. The evidence is already there.

EDIT:

Caidin posted:

Then Cloud whose been catatonic in a motorcycle sidecar like a couple hundred feet away staggers over and goes mental.

And then this plays: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_ipWtjyuIM

Gologle fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Mar 6, 2020

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
We literally already got to play Zack's last stand, it's Crisis Core. In fact the name works on multiple levels, the core of the crisis with Sephiroth, and also the core of Cloud's identity crisis.

EDIT: I want to see the full LOVELESS play that Genesis wouldn't stop going on about in FF7R. It can be a date with Tifa.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Speedrun strats for dating

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The undercover Shinra agent is only named Mr. Matthias, and it's only in an optional cutscene at the end of the game if you backtrack to Shinra headquarters do you learn his first name is Iscar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
What they should do for each Weapon is just make it an FF14 raid like they did with Ruby Weapon. Literally, for those fights, change the entire combat system to MMO style, sort of like what Metal Gear did for the final fight with Liquid and Ocelot.

Make Barrett run off the edge of the arena and laugh at him.