Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

HD DAD posted:

I honestly really love how the general fan attitude has gone from “oh god this is going to suck hard” to “I’m loving hyped for this” between the announcement and now. SE....might pull this off?

It looks like square went "hey this is a beloved game with years of nostalgic build up" and then went out their way to make it the experience it needs to be.

Blizzard should learn a thing or 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Its good to hear that, i liked ff15 but the general combat and controls kinda soured me

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
This demo talk got me so excited for ff7 that i might reinstall ff15

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I've always felt a bit bad because my wife bought me the FF15 and season pass on launch day and I'm only in like chapter 4

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I think that was partly my issue too i tried to do every sidequest and got burnt out

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The demo is what I wanted really, a full HD reimagining of a rapidly aging classic. If it keeps up this level of polish all the way through its a winner.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I'm off on holiday the week its out, coming back on the Friday and got a long weekend because of the bank holidays, and i get the Tuesday off since its my birthday.

There'll probably be weed too

:feelsgood:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I'm really looking forward to the characterization from the remake. The demo sold the aspect of AVALANCHE being a bunch of amateurs and Cloud being a renegade sword for hire in a way the original didn't, maybe because of the abstract character design, maybe because of the lack of dialogue.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

exquisite tea posted:

The Aeris LIVES twist is just SO well-known and so iconic to the original game that it almost makes me think they’ll try to flip it a little, or at the very least try to catch you off guard with when it happens.

That or lean super hard the other way and have an anime style decapitation

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

bustin keaton posted:

They literally sing the victory theme

Yes and it was cool

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

was there ever any doubt :cheers:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I probably would not have upgraded to a pro if I didn't hit a ridiculous £500 bet on the rugby world cup in 2015 but I sold my original ps4 to a friend who wanted it exclusively for the ff7 remake so it all worked out well and now there are only a few more hours to go

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
right lads, its time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Literally the only concern I have from my first day with the FF7 remake is that it will end soon and its not the full game and I'm having to force myself to not play it so its not done in a week