Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Finally getting a late start

Anything to know like camera settings etc to adjust?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

theme aside, is the butterfinger promo DLC worthwhile?

drat that felt weird to write

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Schwartzcough posted:

You can get up to 5 items, one per every 2 bars you buy. The first one is poo poo. The next two are decent armors with 2 slots, and are competitive up to mid-game. The last two items are accessories- one that gives you Reprieve once per fight, I think (so you survive with 1 HP left), and the last one reduces all elemental damage, and could be situationally useful throughout the game.

This is exactly what I needed and couldnít find with 20 mins of googling

Thank you.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

That theme song gonna put me to mimis

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Got the following up for grabs:

One code per goon

Midgar Bangle: A bangle designed in the image of the great city of Midgar
-Shinra Bangle: A sleek bangle engraved with the Shinra company logo
-Corneoís Armlet: A tacky bangle bearing the Don's mark
-Mako Crystal: A beautiful crystal imbued with mako

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

gotchu

Think left I have

MIDGAR BANGLE
SHINRA BANGLE

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jun 2, 2020

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Not sure this was posted but the butterfinger promo FF7 Tifa Theme is now free on PSN

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA07211_00-DYNAMICTIFATHEME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkW4o5odzks

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ok ok finalllly starting this game. Life happened and yeah anyway.

Anything i should know as a first timer? Any settings to mess with? Have a ps4 pro

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

All good stuff, exactly the info I was looking for, thanks!

Canít wait to start this game. Iíll definitely be posting here actively

I checked the OP: is there a discord?

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Aug 10, 2020

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Takings notes now on all these posts

Got the digital copy on sale, figured Iím a big enough fan. If anyone wants to buy my deluxe edition without the codes LMK

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

uhm, guys.

I guess the FF7 butterfinger DLC is free now?

Final Fantasy VII Remake DLC:
Corneo's Armlet
Superstar Belt
Mako Crystal
Midgar Bangle
Shinra Bangle

PS Store link

Slickdeals Thread

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

About 3-4 hours in farting around, and drat it takes time to get going

This game really really punishes you for trying to mash buttons, and Iím glad. Combat is interesting and about what i expected. Feels a lot like Crisis Core for sure

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Edit

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Aug 17, 2020

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ohh gotcha! Wasnít sure if you posted little quips without spoilers or something. Definitely going to thumb through once i finish binging this week.

How long did it take yíall taking your time? Iím no completionist, but not in a rush. The game does seem very linear? Is that only the beginning?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

-edit

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 26, 2020

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

whatís the run down with weapon proficiency again? i think i skipped the pop-up on accident

they were all linked, or? do i benefit from getting 100% with every weapon? i guess i'm asking if there's any weapons worth not using

this game is great and i'm having fun. not entirely sure what i expected: but as a huge fan of Crisis Core, it feels very similar.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Right thanks. I was gonna skip the spiked bat but winding this thing up and getting the timing right is too fun

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

this game is hella spooky

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ulio posted:

If you are still in chapter 14 you can do the box mini game and spam the weapons abilities there you will get the proficiency really quickly. That chapter is really good because the enemies are easy and you can max all the current weapons very quickly.

Just got here! Thanks for the heads up. Looks to be a long chapter

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Moola posted:

AC is pretty bad but I love it so much

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

soooo English subs are good then?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

So if I got this digitally Iíll be able to play day 1 on the PS5?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

ok yeah just wanted to make sure I wasnít missing anything. Havenít really been following the PS5 details, but was able to snag a pre-order spot and found out itís backwards compatible and all that

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Barely 1/4 through the game, haven't played in forever. Wanted to boot it up on my PS5. Gonna do a playthrough, then newgame+ after the PS5 update June 10th (plus yuffie DLC)

Any settings to tweak, or general gameplay tips? Was everyones newgame+ playthrough longer? I've heard people say it's scaled well, and is when you play the "real" game.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ohh I'm further along than I remembered. Getting back into the groove.

Schwartzcough posted:

Some gameplay tips have been discussed recently, in this thread I think. Basically:
- Don't rely on dodging to avoid damage. It has no i-frames and is generally not good for avoiding attacks, but sometimes can be useful for repositioning (or, like, taking Cloud quickly out of Punisher mode).
- Instead, learn to block. It reduces damage a lot, raises your ATB gauge, and is much more reliable for staying alive than dodging.
- Also, when the character you're controlling gets targeted by enemies, switch to a different character. It pays to switch often and get in an attack combo, then switch again. This boosts ATB on your whole team and tends to help avoid damage (the AI enemies only really focus on your current character, and your AI allies are very good at blocking and taking reduced damage). It help mimic the "turn-based" feel of the original as you'll be swapping to each character in turn to attack and use abilities.
- Use Cloud's Punisher mode to counter physical enemies that are otherwise hard to hit (speedy enemies, shielded enemies, etc.). But defending in Punisher mode does not reduced ranged or magic damage, so keep that in mind.

Newgame+ is pretty well balanced, in that you can generally go into NG+ right from when you finished the Normal mode and do fine. It helps to have been thorough in your first playthrough in collecting materia and weapons, so if you missed stuff you can use chapter select after beating the game to go re-do stuff in Normal mode if you want.

I'd say NG+ is probably faster overall, since you don't have to worry about collecting consumables or weapons/armor if you got them already in the first run, and you can speed through or skip cutscenes if you just watched them in Normal mode.

Really good tips & info thanks! I definitely have been rolling around like Dante in DMC, ngl. I'll try to block more. I think i've been using punisher mostly correctly, by your definition. Haha

RareAcumen posted:

Aside from changing the camera settings so it's pulled back more, I can't remember having to fiddle around with any of the settings.

double checked that I did this! Pro-tip for sure

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

New game is for the story, NG+ on hard is if you enjoyed the combat system and want to use everything it lets you do

hmm, I am liking the combat. I may do NG+ on hard then after the PS5 update.

SlimGoodbody posted:

Go into the menus and find the shortcut button options for the characters. Set your favorite moves, spells, etc to specific buttons so you can chain them quickly and easily, action game style.

Yeah, definitely underutilizing this

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The episode featuring Yuffie is $20 though regardless, correct? Both coming June 10th?

I'm just about done with the campaign I believe. Gonna be great to play through it all again PS5 enhanced

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Square store and Gamestop have it for $70, with a steelbook case. The yuffie DLC is a separate DLC code with those. Gonna order that for the case & code, and sell the physical copy.

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/629902/final-fantasy-vii-remake-intergrade-ps5

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

That loving Sned posted:

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/02/25/final-fantasy-vii-remake-intergrade-arrives-on-ps5-june-10-2021/

I think so, if you already bought FFVIIR physically or digitally on PS4 youíll get the PS5 upgrade for free, but youíll need to buy the Yuffie DLC. If you got it through PS+ youíll have to pay a bit for the PS5 upgrade.

I wonder if there will be a physical PS5 version. Just curious if theyíre able to use UHD Blu-ray Discs for games.

well, they're marketing it in a PS5 case with the PS5 label, but, not saying that means it's not just a rebranded ps4 game.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

also the new physical copy of FF7R comes with a code for for the Yuffie DLC iirc, just FYI

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Elentor posted:

Is that real

Man everything I see from DoC is a trip

I don't think I've heard one good thing about the game

I almost wanna throw Advent Children in with that "wtf was going on" pile, but at least its got good visuals and production value.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

That poo poo went on like four times as long as it should have

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lol remember when they released this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=912dF_ltp0Y

and everyone was like "hey so cool y'all remaking it?"

"lol no it was just a tech demo guys! wow why would you have taken it so serious., lol idiots. We cannot remake FF7 because we'd have to remake it from the ground up"

"ok and?"

I watched FF7R get delayed in my amazon wishlist no less than three or four Christmas'

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

look, I loving loved FF7 on PS1. It was a transformative experience. I have plans to get a FF7 Meteor tattoo. Our family friend showing me the knights of the round table summon and piquing my early interest into nerdy poo poo will always be a memory. But jesus, they shoved that lovely PS1 port down our throats every console generation, and on PC

at no point do I ever want to replay that game lmao, better left in nostalgia/memory. I'd be hard pressed to even tell anyone it was a good game. Nothing aged well.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Corneoís secret stash and going through the sewers was a huge PIA

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

yeah doesn't the story take off from the end of Zack dragging his rear end across a whole game all decrepit

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

ppl aged differently back then y'know?

uh. I mean in the future, or rather multi-verse, yeah!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

i liked the metal door better, gave the slums more of that feel

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

ZeeBoi posted:

Was it metal though? Or was the smear of an unloaded texture reminiscent of metal?

the latter, but still!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

drat we sure are going stir crazy waiting for tomorrow

all this chat on the drat door

look. it's a nice door, maybe not the nicest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

OhFunny posted:

Gonna mod the old door back in when the PC release happens.

lol'd