Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

We LOL at death! Watch us LOL. Love the LOL.
My biggest wish would be just to have mana reset to full between battles (and maybe reduce the amount), as I was fine with not using items and managing mana in tough battles, but it was a pain thinking about mana management knowing I'd want to save as much as possible for bosses late in chapters. I'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

Marmaduke! posted:

In other words you ended up hoarding your mp like a pouch of elixirs

Nah, because there were enough benches around I rarely used them in my first play through, except perhaps the first parts of the game. But I also had foreknowledge in Hard mode about what fights were coming up from the first time I played, so in a part 2 I like the idea of skipping the items but resetting mana so I don’t have to hold onto it because I don’t know how long I have to play before I get it back, especially for boss battles.

Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

The single nastiest thing they could do is have the player choose whether Tifa or Aerith dies, ideally through an unrelated conversation response four chapters earlier regarding which colour flower to pick or something. Comedy option is if there is a way for Seph to off Barrett instead.

Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

I figured the fact he was a test tube baby is why he isn’t all gaunt and decrepit.

Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

Zack finally catches up to them and steps in front of Aerith “hey! I made it! What are you guys hurrrrrkkkk….”

Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

Maybe Sephiroth kills himself, depriving players of a final fight or the expectation of him killing anyone else. Then Barrett gets out a Gwent deck and the rest of the game is Gwent with FF character portraits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

Actually the most evil thing the game could do would be to make you choose, like the Tifa/Aerith choices in Remake. I wondered at the time if they were paving the way for that.