Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
Is there any way to break out of an enemy stunlock besides manually switching to another party member, hoping the targeting system doesn’t gently caress up on picking the right enemy (it will), getting in melee range, and finally landing what feels like at least 3-5 uninterrupted square attacks to get them off Cloud?

You can also burn a party member’s ATB charge but lol they never have one available on trash fights.

Now that I’ve experienced the mechanic I haven’t had a problem dealing with it but I hope I’m missing something because I doubt they put an instant death move (if you only have one party member up) that early in the game.

Game Over on Doomrats is Very Shameful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
Just beat the Coliseum in Ch 9, holy poo poo that last boss hahaha. That whole section has gotta be the best part of the game so far.

But I’m confused about Wall Market side quests (or lack thereof). Madame M gave me one of those “the story is moving ahead” choices which usually means you need to finish side quests except...I haven’t found any.

I want to finish as much of the content as possible on my first playthrough so I googled and it looks like the side quests all require you answered in a certain way and made certain choices earlier in the chapter? Am I locked out of doing them until hard mode now?

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?

SettingSun posted:

As far as I can tell you can elect not to do sidequests but you cannot miss when they appear. IIRC after you commit Aerith to Madame M you get some sidequests (if she was your sponsor and not Sam).

Sure enough, she started talking about merc work. Thanks!