Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
The PC version of FFXV came out a year and a half after the PS4 release. Has there been any indication of a timeline for that regarding the FF7 Remake? I suppose I should just try and find a used PS4 somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
That chocobo chick is cute as hell.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

ymgve posted:

FFVII remake demo got me wanting more - what's the best way to play FFVII these days? Native install on Steam, some mods, or the PS4 version?

I got it on the Switch because portable trumps all with my standard day.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Barret, you beautiful bear wearing a marshmallow.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Zero VGS posted:

1997: Want to play FF7 demo, need to buy a Tobal #1 that I don't want

2020: Want to play FF7 demo, need to buy a PS4 that I don't want

Boy howdy does this speak to me

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Zaphod42 posted:

Its the nature of any text based game. I remember arguing with friends as a kid because we had like 4 different takes on how to pronounce "Kakariko Village" or "Kokiri Forest"

My favorite was in FFVIII my best friend kept arguing you pronounced SeeD as "CD" because why did they stylize the capital D that way?

Then a bit later the sorceress says "SeeDs from a garden!" and he's like "poo poo I guess you do just pronounce it as seed"

SeeDs nuts

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone in Australia playing this on a slim/OG PS4? I would be getting a system for just this game, so if there are no frame rate issues or poor textures I would prefer to save $150. Might pick up Horizon Zero and God of War too.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

SwissDonkey posted:

No noticeable frame drops on first Gen ps4, and looks great. Textures are good, there's just some pop in because of hdd.

There will likely be an improvement patch on the first day as well, so I am curious what that will bring. Anyone noticing pop in on a new PS4?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That final trailer is insane :eyepop:

I had convinced myself to wait until it hits PC before this trailer. Welp, going to have to find a used PS4 somewhere now.

Sure hope Red XIII and others keep up the fun banter throughout the game.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Does the trailer really have spoilers if you don't know the plot? I would imagine 99% of us here played the original so we are inferring a whole lot. I showed it to someone who never played the original and it looked like a bunch of high quality goofy/serious action to them.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Turdfuzz posted:

im gonna end up buying a ps4 for one loving game arent i

Stay strong. I am holding out as well. If nerds think it looks amazing on the PS4, think of how it’ll look on your computer.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

ZZZorcerer posted:

(Horizon is coming to PC this year). But Bloodborne, God of War, Spiderman, Last of Us, Shadow of Colossus, Last Guardian ...
plenty of reasons to own a PS4.

I know you are trying to help, but ugh. Finding a used PS4 has been difficult.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

ZZZorcerer posted:

There's going to be a lot of used PS4/Pros on the market close to the PS5 release so... just wait until then and grab one cheap !

Not a bad idea - I can probably wait until the fall.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I was already hyped but drat, what a trailer. Looking forward to another absolute banger soundtrack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Rand Brittain posted:

Honestly, is Hojo even a good scientist? It seems like mostly he just injects whoever with whatever and calls it a success regardless of what happens, and it's just his limitless Shinra funding that makes it look like he knows what he's doing.

The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.