Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

HD DAD posted:

Could just be Cloud’s head there :heysexy:

Depending on what wax cloud uses, he could be a dickhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Maybe a huge dickhead.

Multiple dickheads.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Reading this thread it has been made obvious to me that most of the story in the original game went completely over my head.

I kind of want to replay it, does the Switch version have the option to speed up the battles and summons cutscenes? Because I can't be doing with the default lengths of those in this day and age. Knights of the round :lol:

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Yeah it has the 3x speed option along with no encounters and autofill hp and limit bars each turn mode.

Alright I'm sold. Buying now will play on my lunchbreak.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Elentor posted:

Take your time to talk to the NPCs, especially in Midgar. The level of world building in FF7 is crazy.

Yeah now that I'm not a clueless kid I'm looking forward to being able to understand what's going on from a more world-weary perspective.

I used my switch coins to discount it and got it for £2.62 as well, so bonus!

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

gently caress yeah, got beta from the snake at ~lvl 20. Feels like the game only really starts once you leave Midgar. I'm really curious to see how they expand it. Will it be more story added into a linear structure or will Midgar be more of an open world that you can explore, with all the familiar story beats gated so that they're still experienced in the right order?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

It'll just be some weird legal thing.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

Every day they don't release the demo, they piss off more fans. At this rate, I wonder if they'll have to hit Blizzard levels of angry fans before they release it...

lmao they could choose to never even release the demo and it wouldn't make a dent in sales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

That shithole underneath the parade place on disc one. It's what I deserve.