Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
my prediction is that it will continue to fuckin suck and no one will make a vertical slider phone like the pre and i will continue to bitch about it nonstop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

what am I, some kind of digital prophet?

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Microsoft wins a defense contract in 2025 to rewrite the control systems for the strategic nuclear arsenal, try to do it in Verona and accidentally blows up the world

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol rotor with the fakeout when everyone thought it was going to be his favourite predictions from the 1920s! :allears:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

ever increasing power to stebe jorbs op

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
the hovercraft will replace the car as transportation of choice for the first world

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
we will move from multi core processors to multi SOC motherboards

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
further monitization of the panopticon

its not going to be good

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
cloud gpu instance billings will exceed the annual health care spending in the US for the first time

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

def. everything's gonna get worse

but phones will get more and better cameras to document the misery we live in, at least

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
computers are going to get smaller, and they're going to go to new places, like the moon

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

nothing, op. everything that can be invented has now been invented. once people realize there is nothing new to buy, capitalism will collapse and we will return to living in trees.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

nothing, op. everything that can be invented has now been invented. once people realize there is nothing new to buy, capitalism will collapse and we will return to living in trees.

you wish

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
stebe jobs will announce that he has returned from the dead to re-establish the apple empire

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
all the techs that people have recently built their careers on will be displaced and their users will be thrown to the wolves

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

2020's: RISCy Business

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

graph posted:

further monitization of the panopticon

its not going to be good

yeah this is it

and maybe some more mommy replacement apps for helpless tech nerds

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i'd really like to see the return of, perhaps, physical buttons which can be pushed and provide tactile feedback, instead of pawing at smooth glass surfaces

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

rotor posted:

i'd really like to see the return of, perhaps, physical buttons which can be pushed and provide tactile feedback, instead of pawing at smooth glass surfaces

hmm, i'm calculating the number of junior software devs that we can pay $30k a year to maintain something like this, and I'm not liking the numbers i'm getting, rotor

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
physical buttons sounds like fabrication, injection molding, and embedded systems to me.

dat's "outsource to china" territory

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
on april 20, 2023, elons roadster’s orbit will finally degrade and the car will plummet back to earth, crashing into a self driving fire truck that’s on its way to extract an amazon worker clone who is stuck in their robot proof cage because their genetically modified mega-bladder got too big.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

new iphone idea: just an array of toggle switches and a 8x16 VFD display

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
how many headphone jacks tho?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

2026: an Alexa device will kill 2 senior citizens by turning the house heat up to 140 degrees and everyone will blame them for having it configured it wrong. Amazon will give the surviving family members $100 gift certificates but will not admit to any wrongdoing.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

10+ yosposters will succumb to age and obesity related diseases

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

rotor posted:

2026: an Alexa device will kill 2 senior citizens by turning the house heat up to 140 degrees and everyone will blame them for having it configured it wrong. Amazon will give the surviving family members $100 gift certificates but will not admit to any wrongdoing.

is this a logan's run type thing

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

President Beep posted:

how many headphone jacks tho?

it will have those pneumatic headphones they used to have on airlines

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
2032: now starting his historic third term, Andrew Yang introduces "Amazon Basic Income" in partnership with Vice President Jeff Bezos, as part of their universal employment and subsistence strategy. Special rebates are also given to citizens who complete the highly in-demand "drone maintenance and recovery" training

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

i dunno, but the operating system will be a piece of poo poo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Emacs Headroom posted:

2032: now starting his historic third term, Andrew Yang introduces "Amazon Basic Income" in partnership with Vice President Jeff Bezos, as part of their universal employment and subsistence strategy. Special rebates are also given to citizens who complete the highly in-demand "drone maintenance and recovery" training

🥺

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

stebe jobs will announce that he has returned from the dead to re-establish the apple empire

same but he never died

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
the unicode consortium relents after decades of nonapprovals and instead just sells code points for a million dollars

pepsi and damien hirst buy some

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

pizza that puts on or removes pineapple automatically based on the biometric data of the person who lifts the lid of the box.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

theadder posted:

same but he never died

he died in 2011.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

the same year as osama bin laden. makes one think.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

there's going to be a "HomePod 2"

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

he died in 2011.

im afraid u have been misinformed op

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

pizza that puts on or removes pineapple automatically based on the biometric data of the person who lifts the lid of the box.

Schrödomino's Pizza

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

ai hype is peaking right about now and will probably be passè by 2025. cloud computing will continue to expand until a black swan event causes massive financial damage and we start to go full circle back to on-prem hosting. facebook finally manages to piss off enough rich people that congress actually does something but the legislation is half-assed compared to gdpr. google/facebook continue to consolidate and decline in relevancy despite that. the hype around tech in general finally breaks where making a refrigerator ‘smart’ no longer moves units. intelligence agencies get even better / more invasive and shift their focus from terrorism to suppressing labor organization. global warming laughs at us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

TOOT BOOT posted:

i dunno, but the operating system will be a piece of poo poo

:hai: