Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

New york has some kind of mandate where there has to be enough shelter space for the homeless (I think)

They ban people from shelters if they use drugs and all kiinds of stuff.
Shelters have all kinds of rules and dont usually send people off to sources of help when they should.
not making GBS threads on shelters they can be militant but they deal with insane poo poo

immortalyawn fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Dec 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

immortalyawn posted:

They ban people from shelters if they use drugs and all kiinds of stuff.
Shelters have all kinds of rules and dont usually send people off to sources of help

Yeah, it looks like that New York ruling gets attacked pretty frequently too.

https://www.coalitionforthehomeless...ght-to-shelter/

I was really just responding to that previous post comparing LA to NY

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Give them cash. What they do with it is on them and doesn't diminish the act of giving

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

When I was last in London, about 12 years ago there was a homeless guy sitting outside Paddington Station. I asked him if he'd like something to eat and took him to the nearest McDonalds and bought him a Big Mac Meal. He was very appreciative and said people usually just toss a few coins so it was nice to be bought a hot meal.

Later that night I went to an all night rave with some friends and on the way out we spotted some homeless people and we gave them what was left of our MDMA, not sure that was a great idea in hindsight but that's my story.

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Yeah, it looks like that New York ruling gets attacked pretty frequently too.

https://www.coalitionforthehomeless...ght-to-shelter/

I was really just responding to that previous post comparing LA to NY

I was being generic, and that poo poo is world wide. NY seems a bit more harsh but , yeah similar crap

immortalyawn fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Dec 30, 2019

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I don't know what the answer is but they really need to do something here in Portland, because I am legitimately concerned we're going to get a right wing mayor if a Republican comes along and promises to fire them all into the sun

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I used to put the large mat back in place in front of the office enterance I worked in each morning.

They replaced the mat with a spiked area with fixed in place mat. Metal stubbs and a secured matting.

So whoever was using it each night as a shield or cover couldnt.

I remember that happeneing and just felling poo poo. Someone in the building hates humans.

There was a lawyer on the upper floor who was a sociopath so probably him.

immortalyawn fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Dec 30, 2019

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Oscar Wild posted:

In any case, cities have used architecture to make it hostile to live in a city without a house. That's kinda the point.
im talking about a different tweet than youre thinking of

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

gary oldmans diary posted:

im talking about a different tweet than youre thinking of

https://twitter.com/imraansiddiqi/status/1211685737059368961?s=19

Is it this one?

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i have bags of clothes at the end of the year, because Im a clothes person, so I go out to the poor area and just throw them like money

thats praxis

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
is it supposed to be some kind of acrid trying-to-win-the-conversation mode with you replying like that and this

Oscar Wild posted:

That's kinda the point.

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

These guys gently caress each other and thats fine

dude on the right keeps his gloves on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I really hate to break it to you guys but the person freezing to death because of the hostile architecture in the city is ummm sort of the system working as intended