Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Haruharuharuko posted:

Meowcrowaves mom

Are you proud of yourself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Cable Guy posted:

:smug:

Does anyone know of a good open source version of After Effects. I'm working an animation, but ordinarily I use the Jasc paInt-shop suite instead of adobe, and their animation program is really low end. I've had to import the frames to paint-shop and work on them manually which is proving to be a total pain in the Boutros Boutros-Ghali. Stupidly I decided to remove AE from my bootleg install of CS4 and I can't find the files to re-install.

it's probably not good for photoshop thread stuff but I use https://ezgif.com/ for things like turning downloaded youtube videos into avatars and it works great for things like that.

Also a random plug for https://www.remove.bg/ for automatically removing the background from stuff and it works very well.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

frumpykvetchbot posted:

Blender is open source and has a lot of cool video compositing stuff. It's sort of a different workflow with node graphs and such, but you can basically do everything with it. And it's free. And amazing.

Two other relatively cheap alternatives to After Effects I've worked with - Apple Motion which is $50 and actually fantastic. I like that the compositing is super fast and you can use midi controllers to dial in effects in realtime. Blackmagic Fusion has a pretty good free version. The pro version is like a grand but try the free version, it's actually pretty comprehensive.

Schweinhund posted:

it's probably not good for photoshop thread stuff but I use https://ezgif.com/ for things like turning downloaded youtube videos into avatars and it works great for things like that.

Also a random plug for https://www.remove.bg/ for automatically removing the background from stuff and it works very well.
Thanks, I'll look at them... For now though I just powered through brute forcing layers...

edit: tweaked

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 2, 2020

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I've never tried it for this specifically but OpenShot is a FOSS video editor that supports Croma key and alpha stuff.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Subtle!

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
the misspelling of Rob's name gives it character

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Cable Guy posted:

Thanks, I'll look at them... For now though I just powered through brute forcing layers...

lmao

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Cable Guy posted:

:discourse:

A small addition:

Edit:

itry fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jan 4, 2020

STOP LITTERING
Sep 11, 2005

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

you were supposed to make it worse

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

The Kins posted:

It's manageable but it takes a little extra work.

:(

STOP LITTERING
Sep 11, 2005

ChubbyChecker posted:

you were supposed to make it worse

Well I really wanted to do something ALF related and that's the best I could come up with.

Alternate title, however: "Foodfight! 2".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Are you proud of yourself?

drat well should be.