Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

CommonShore posted:

Maybe this is a question for Lobstermobster, but I'll get others to weigh in -

For the decade end awards (the results of which are pretty interesting so far) what formula model should I use for ranking the multiple pick awards? Linear (1st choice is 3, 2nd is 2, 3rd is 1), weighted (1st is 4, 2nd is 2, 3rd is 1) or other? There are actually a couple of awards where it's looking as if this will make a difference.

e. I'm going to let it run at least another week, fyi

Weighted for sure, it can make a surprising difference in final results. I agree with LobsterMobster that 3 points, 2 points and 1 point for 1st, 2nd and 3rd respectively probably makes the most sense in terms of weighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Pretty interesting Brazil card coming up for March, Walker vs Krylov, Shoeface vs Muradov, Yahya vs Barzola, and PVZ vs Amanda Ribas for the main event.

Amanda is who recently dominated Mackenzie Dern for 3 rounds and told Bisping about her daddies:

https://streamable.com/eujtm

They're still adding fights to it so we'll see how it ends up.

https://twitter.com/GamebredFighter/status/1213607651856322560

https://twitter.com/GamebredFighter/status/1213608734867492864

Brut fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jan 5, 2020

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
excited to see conor vs cowboy, they have my two favorite combo knockouts:

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

A bit late, but do you think Santa skipped Ferguson's house when he heard all the screaming and crashing coming from up the chimney?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Untrustable posted:

A bit late, but do you think Santa skipped Ferguson's house when he heard all the screaming and crashing coming from up the chimney?

lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Untrustable posted:

loving hell :xd:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Big Sexy is a better comedian than Brendan. Godamn.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I will never tire of dunks on Schaub, regardless of their quality.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I will never tire of dunks on Schaub, regardless of their quality.

Seems like you have the same discerning taste as Brandon Schaub

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The worst thing about it all is Schaub is too old for the draft.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

mewse posted:

Seems like you have the same discerning taste as Brandon Schaub

Taking a hiatus from MMA after watching pretty much every single event for years, and then suddenly hearing about Schaub having a Netlix stand-up special broke me on the inside.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Showtime, and it suuuuucks

And, his publicist has been offering discounts on CBD oil in exchange for good reviews.

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The worst thing about it all is Schaub is too old for the draft.

Well if it turns into WW3 they may raise the age limit.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I don't trust Schaub's CBD any more than I trust his jokes so that's still a bad deal.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Taking a hiatus from MMA after watching pretty much every single event for years, and then suddenly hearing about Schaub having a Netlix stand-up special broke me on the inside.

This is the biggest mood ever for me.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Memento posted:

Showtime, and it suuuuucks

And, his publicist has been offering discounts on CBD oil in exchange for good reviews.

This is unfair, as Brendan has been on the pure spectrum for free.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

CCOOWNBOORY

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Double post

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Why is horse man riding straight at spear man instead of just shooting him with the gun on his back

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

CommonShore posted:

Why is horse man riding straight at spear man instead of just shooting him with the gun on his back

Spear man is too dumb to point the spear the right way and horse man knows it.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

*Me silently furious that Conor doesn't have a Cold Steel Blackthorn Shillelagh™ in that promo art.*

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Goddamn that owns.

Conor should be armed with a metal fence and a bottle of whiskey

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

CommonShore posted:

I feel like this is a metaphor for Cerrone's fight iq.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Brut posted:

the rare poster that makes both fighters look like idiots

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Let's be real, it's not that rare.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i havent seen a poster that stupid and bad since the last time i forgot to turn my monitor on

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Brut posted:

Yeah you'd think it'd be in his left hand.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
It makes me think of those superhero comic covers where two guys are jumping/flying at eachother in battle poses with their faces close both screaming and it's supposed to look really intense and badass but if you think about it they're about to smash face first into eachother like idiots.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

UFC / Deadliest Warrior crossover??

Give Cowboy a gladius, lets go full gladiator

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Ccoownboory

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Macksy posted:

Ccoownboory

This, but in an extremely Charles “Mask” Lewis voice.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Nobody can take that left-flanked phalanx. His Winchester repeater is powerful and his horse is fast, but precision beats power, timing beats speed, and pikes beat unarmored or lightly armored cavalry units

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

We've reviewed their tactics, their weaponry and their transportation. Now we turn to our patented Pipeworks Software simulation to determine who is the Deadliest Warrior: the American cowboy or the IRA *cuts to a Lets Play of Sid Meier's Civ 6 during bronze age gameplay*

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Bluedeanie posted:

Nobody can take that left-flanked phalanx. His Winchester repeater is powerful and his horse is fast, but precision beats power, timing beats speed, and pikes beat unarmored or lightly armored cavalry units

He can talk all he wants but secretly he wants to come in on horseback
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8AXlHjMrHo&t=71s

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Bluedeanie posted:

We've reviewed their tactics, their weaponry and their transportation. Now we turn to our patented Pipeworks Software simulation to determine who is the Deadliest Warrior: the American cowboy or the IRA *cuts to a Lets Play of Sid Meier's Civ 6 during bronze age gameplay*

put a spear in anyone's hands and they've got a puncher's chance against modern tanks

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
God...just remembering how awful Deadliest Warrior was is a blast to my senses.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
this is freakin sick, bros

https://twitter.com/UFC_Obsessed/status/1214300691864272896?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

What's even more sick is that shirt is $60.

$60 to wear a multibranded poorly drawn picture of a guy who was accused of sexual assault.

https://ufcstore.com/collections/fi...-walkout-jersey