Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Netflix got that venture capitalist money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

mallratcal posted:

Doesn't Netflix consider a view at just 2 minutes?

It's something crazy short for a film, like 7 mins. They 100% pump up their numbers for investors. It's absolute bullshit

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Do you really think capitalists would do that? Just go on the markets and tell lies?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wicker Man posted:

Prove me wrong! Or don't. I don't think you really care.

Caring is like, loving someone’s wife without them while they are in a coma or something like that.

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DNDkx9pQxk

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DNDkx9pQxk

:discourse:

E: :argh:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Well hey, speaking of David Spade!

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Holy gently caress! Content!!!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Now that's what I call content!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
cancelled due to john krasinski

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
I got a good laugh out of the Doritos thing. I saw some of those Wonder Woman bags at the store and I was legit confused, wondering how old those fuckin things were.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
holy gently caress does adam sandler's daughter look just like him

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Maybe she’ll star in the reboot of Jack & Jill, where here embarrassing twin brother named Jack will come and interfere with her life?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Jay really tried to sugarcoat his fat-shaming so as not to offend Mike, while Mike completely went off about improv, even though he probably knows Jack does improv.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 6, 2020

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Paladinus posted:

Jay really tried to sugarcoat his fat-shaming as to not offend Mike, while Mike completely went off about improv, even though he probably knows Jack does improv.

That's weird. Mike really seems like he wouldn't give a crap.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Mike has hog envy.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Did the boys apologize for making Space Cop

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

mallratcal posted:

Mike has hog envy.

Who wouldn't? I was more thinking about Jay being careful with what he said.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo they were going to release The Wrong Missy wide? Good lord

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Oh wow you're not kidding

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mike looks loving ancient

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I like nick swardson. I admit it's a character flaw. I think it's reno 911 goodwill

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
When they started about coke bloat and looking unhealthy there was just no helping thinking about Chris Farley.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

mike's been drinking turpentine again hasn't he

and liquor stores aren't even shutdown yet

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Isn't The Wrong Missy just The Heartbreak Kid?

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Somebody needs to tell Mike that maybe he's not laughing when he goes to improv because Milwaukee isn't housing the A-list talent.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

It's true, improv people are trash. I know, I did it for two years..............

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Mike envisioning the hackiest version of a good movie is the best recurring Half in the Bag bit.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Does The Assistant have a poo poo-hit-the-fan ending?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Sankara posted:

It's true, improv people are trash. I know, I did it for two years..............

Congrats on completing improv conversion therapy

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Improv seems like an exercise you would do in preparation for being a comedic actor or getting more confidant with public speaking than something you would charge people to see. I did like Whose Line Is It Anyway as a kid.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

the BEST improv is kind of funny. most improv is not good

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Dmitri-9 posted:

Improv seems like an exercise you would do in preparation for being a comedic actor or getting more confidant with public speaking than something you would charge people to see. I did like Whose Line Is It Anyway as a kid.

99.9% of improv is bad. But that .1% is gold. A lot of the funniest people and stuff from the last 50 years or so has its roots in Improv groups like the Groundlings or Second City.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Aaugh, the pain... the deep shame...

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

This is a good example. We Hate Movies is a really funny podcast, but I've seen their improv and it's really fuckin terrible.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

This is a good example. We Hate Movies is a really funny podcast, but I've seen their improv and it's really fuckin terrible.

I did not need to know those guys do improv. You've definitely taken away some of the magic.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Lauren Lapkus is an improv comic, and seeing her in the clips for The Wrong Missy is sad because she was really, really funny when I used to listen to Comedy Bang Bang a lot.

Also, :lol: at Mike's rant about improv comics when Jack was at one point involved with Comedy Sports in Milwaukee.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

I did not need to know those guys do improv. You've definitely taken away some of the magic.

I don't think they do it anymore as they're busy with work and WHM. If you listen to the old episodes they reference Private Cabin, which is their Improv group. They also mention a movie the improv group made called "We Are Strangers." It's exactly what a bunch of improv hipsters from Brooklyn would make. https://www.facebook.com/PrivateCabin/

I do think that taking their improv experience and using it for a podcast was a good thing though. A lot of what they do on the show is improv style humor like the funny character bits and voices they do. That goes to Dmitri's point about improv being a good way to prepare for comedy things, but that's about all it's good for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

I don't think they do it anymore as they're busy with work and WHM. If you listen to the old episodes they reference Private Cabin, which is their Improv group. They also mention a movie the improv group made called "We Are Strangers." It's exactly what a bunch of improv hipsters from Brooklyn would make. https://www.facebook.com/PrivateCabin/

I do think that taking their improv experience and using it for a podcast was a good thing though. A lot of what they do on the show is improv style humor like the funny character bits and voices they do. That goes to Dmitri's point about improv being a good way to prepare for comedy things, but that's about all it's good for.

Oh yeah I knew they'd made a movie that looked completely uninteresting. Had nooooooo loving clue all this time what they were talking about every time they mentioned Private Cabin.

God, it was an improvised movie? What a lovely idea.