Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Prequels hate was so ubiquitous, there are references to it in old seasons of The Simpsons. That's how you know it's not some Mandela effect and mind tricks bullshit.

The British sitcom Spaced dedicated an episode plot to it in like 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Tell me more about this Extended Universe it sounds fascinating

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Rich Evans in a suit is bae

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Sitting here waiting patiently for the next Pre Rec

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

The High Republic is what I call my garage

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

did they take star trek off netflix?

Nah, trek doesn’t have exclusive rights, you just gotta pay for it

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Storms comin anny, i can feel it in my massive bush

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Communist Walrus posted:

I have no idea how these slobs managed to get famed Escapist personality Jack Packard on their show

The first few comments of his first video with them were all “Hey...why do you talk like that? You don’t have to talk like that.”

Welcome to the club guys

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Where is Jessi, I need Jessi

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

When Rich played Friday The 13th and killed Jason on-stream while Karen babbled on about some nonsense is a Top 10 RLM moment for me, thanks Karen

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

hard counter posted:

can't wait for gundam wang

From left to right: Jack, Rich, Mike, Jay, Josh

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Cutedge posted:

What about Star Wars anime?

I think it’s mentioned somewhere in the book of Revelation, it’s one of the signs heralding the end of all things.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I remember his movies, and how I thought they were good.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Rinkles posted:

wasn't that kind of the point? jackman has a miracle machine but all he's interested is one-upping his competitor. he's so consumed by the rivalry that's he's literally willing to kill himself to come out on top.

No you fool, characters in movies are supposed to go "Hmmmmm" followed by logical choices given the circumstances.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Just another pedophile in a position of power who loves Star Trek

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Star Trek Picard was hacky poo poo, looking forward to next episode, thanks for reading

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Can’t believe Jack tried to invent a new controller he could use with his massive cock

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

priznat posted:

Yeah at least 5 was an original idea if poorly executed. JJ trek is a retread.

JJ asked around extensively about which Star Trek plot device was the absolute best and everyone he spoke to said “Well it has to be Star Trek Nemesis and Praetor Shinzon’s giant romulan spaceship with a doohicky that kills all life on earth, no doubt about that among the fans”, so he really had no choice

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Best Trek film is whatever Mike thinks, obviously

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Can’t believe Jenny loved TROS, I would have swore she would hate it

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Yeah I saw the video, she loving loved it

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

just that I’m wrong

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

This is what makes it all worth it, the laughter

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

violent sex idiot posted:

the plot is rpats jacks off and defoe farts and drinks. the plot is two men live on a lighthouse and grow to become friends and then enemies from the extreme isolation and drinking turpentine

I wonder if Mike farts and Jay jacks off or if it’s the other way around

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

stephenthinkpad posted:

He is cashing that deadpool guy in every movie now, see 6 Underground, Free Guy.
Jesus I watched 6 Underground last night expecting nothing and was still extremely disappointed.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Haha we turned it on for about forty minutes and turned it off. Absolute 0 star trash.
Constantly questioning whether it was a parody or deadly serious for two loving hours. I’m still not sure...

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

stephenthinkpad posted:

OMG, 6 Underground was directed by Michael Bay?! Now it make sense. Bay scammed Netflix for millions and sent his assistant goons to directed the movie as a joke. I noticed it has a lot of new techniques with drones. I guess Bay was using it as a training camp for his next project.

6 Underground being some kind of proof-of-concept for various filming techniques with a thin layer of plot to keep the thing moving would make so much sense

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

LabyaMynora posted:

All I remember form Star Trek was one of the movies where they were in a prison camp and an alien started a fight with someone, and so they kicked his knees, but then the knees were his genitals and I was just a kid and was like, "how the gently caress would THAT work?!"

I shoot cum out of my knee and you rub it on your knee, job done

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

PerniciousKnid posted:

What's the best anime musical?

Star Wars Holiday Special

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

reignofevil posted:

I am going to go see birds of prey

Be sure to get to the cineplex early so you don’t miss the previews! :munch:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Threepio got into some hijinks at a droid factory, what more do you fuckers want?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Lister posted:

Let's get an episode where the boys flame people who give them money every month

Hopefully no more landis

RLM: in the future we will consult you personally about who we are frie—oh. Oh no...

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

I'm glad they're going to do another Picard review, maybe every 2 episodes put out a video until they totally give up on the show. I had already given up but I guess I'll watch episode 3 now so I can better enjoy what the boys think of it.

Episode 3 is where poo poo gets reaaaallll stupid and dumb

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Yeah if we’re comparing first three episodes then Discovery is high art compared to Picard

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I hope they point out that even the episode TITLES are criminally lazy. Even Discovery had some good ones for fucks sake

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

In The Loop is a solid flick. It has people from both Thick of It and Veep too

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Dune and Venom 2 will both be nominated for BP and Venom 2 will win

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

wow

star wars won 7 oscars?

Best Original Score: Figrin D’an and the Modal Nodes - “Mad About Me (Jizz Style)”

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Obama's butthole and Cats: A Dissertation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

But what if I don’t feel like discussoing cinema?