Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

hard counter posted:

just rename the star wars subforum the pop culture purgatory and be done with them all

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I liked Ratatouille but I never saw the second half. I assume the rat gets to work at the restaurant and the clumsy proto-goon loses his virginity confirm/deny?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Toy Story 2 was a big disappointment for me. I saw toy story 3 and really didn't care for it and other than the big climax absolutely nothing about it stands out to me. Didn't bother watching toy story 4. Much like Jenny I will be taking no questions at this time.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
If he committed, Josh could have the exact same hairstyle as our president Donald Trump.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Nothing more appropriate for an image of a depressed man drunkenly watching reruns of the young detective stories of the Olsen twins than being put into the same conversation as noted child sniffer Joe Biden.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I know everything about what jack and rich believed re: the 2016 election and I'm not going to tell anyone!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
A hot whopper in every pot a bagel in every breakroom.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

I was really happy with this until I saw it was TV show and I realized I'm gonna have to wait like six years or more to get to the end of the film. My faith in serialized storytelling is pretty much rock bottom right now.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Robot in the Family did not change my life at all :smith:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'm thinking movies tomorrow everybody, my head hurts and I think I just need to chill out tonight :)

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

bring back old gbs posted:

finally i could release the hentai edit i have been sitting on for a decade

Somehow I don't think this would be the first time that hentai edit experienced some release

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

oohhboy posted:

The opening warehouse featured a preview of the godawful monkey swinging. It was pretty lazy right from the beginning. Fully agree though Nuke the Fridge was well, the Nuke the Fridge moment. You couldn't jump that shark any harder.

Their downfall was they didn't KISS and went BIG. The most stunts in the original 3 were pretty low key by today's standards but that didn't matter as they were real. Last Crusade had Jones hanging off a cannon barrel with a closing wall. Very simple but extremely effective needing zero effects. Maybe they went big thinking it would compensate for the trash story that was already out of control.

It's time we stop casting old men in action movies! Cast old men in movies where the plotline is about how they're old now and shouldn't be doing action movies!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
IT'S SUNDAY
I tentatively scheduled us for friday, then rescheduled for saturday, then still felt like crap so we're doing it tonight instead!

MOVIE ONE

Sometimes you gotta watch a movie about a dog. A super cool dog. This is that moment.

MOVIE TWO

What happens when a special effects animator becomes a director? HEAVEN QUEST

MOVIE THREE

A movie about war! And nazis! And killing stuff!

See them all at http://psp-tv.com/r/LepersColony at 8 PM EST! That's four hours and 36 minutes from now!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I really love the tape and chicken wire.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Paying 20 dollars to "rent" a movie that you watch via the internet is just horse armor going to mainstream america

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

At least as I die, so to shall star wars die. We will walk hand in hand into the afterlife together.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Tip posted:

I thought it was interesting that they thought it was such a perfect price. Like you said, there's a pretty narrow set of circumstances where it would make sense to me. I'd be a lot more ok with the price of it was a purchase instead of a rental.

8188 patreons

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Whoa revolutionary line of thought here. I wonder if anyone has explored this in-depth.

I actually spent like 5 hours talking about this yesterday and I'm taking a vacation from it until I get A) more alcohol or B) a good night's sleep. Probably both.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Chomper kicks rear end and also pretty sure he was introduced in the movie where they cross the landbridge over the great salt lake (an ocean) and find themselves on the completely impossible island entirely made up of giant carnivores. Pretty sure that was a movie. Or a fever dream.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Actually they were just ducky.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
IT'S FRIDAY
Okay no dog movies this week but instead we should have a real treat, kinda.

MOVIE ONE

Chinese produced vin deisal action movie!

MOVIE TWO

A suggestion from a viewer, some teens are gonna get spooked by some ghosts!

MOVIE THREE

Unsurprisingly Scanners is blocked in a ton of countries. My sympathies if you can't join us in seeing the greatest head explosion of all time!

See them all at 8 PM EST at http://psp-tv.com/r/LepersColony that's in about two hours and fifteen minutes!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

bring back old gbs posted:

drat how did u score a movie as new as Ghost in the Graveyard???

So someone just told me we could put it on but then the one they added to the playlist didn't work but I found another copy on youtube who knows if it's even gonna work!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I think Mike is just mostly out of ideas. The cake storyline, while incredibly satisfying, was clearly something where he just kinda started doing it with no endpoint in mind then he felt obligated to conclude it because it had been such a running thing for so long.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Mike will buy disney.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Looks like we won the deadpool boys.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Jenny talks about star wars more than I do and that's highly depressing to think about.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
You can't hide from me stink I saw them tweets

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Hillary 2020 posted:

You registered just to post that?

They started registering back in 2010 it's been quite the journey for them and unfortunately tum jokes haven't made the trip to this decade along with them.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
*me being told we're opening a new star wars rotating sub forum*

'.... Do you guys have a trash compactor?'

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I think they mentioned staying up late one night talking and accidentally writing the script to spacecop from their discussion which in retrospect should have been a huge red flag.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

No Mods No Masters posted:

I hope richard evans is enjoying the new x-com. Always seemed like one of the few things to give him any genuine happiness

I regret to inform you Rich Evans has left his clone-wife for a 3d wire mesh rendering of a giant snake with boobies.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
This has troubling implications for the canon.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Well that person is wrong and I hope they are never in charge of making an action movie because it probably won't be very good.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

stephenthinkpad posted:

Question, I felt nostalgic and went to RLM channel and hit "sort from old". Were there other videos before the Plinkett SW reviews? I seem to remember I watched some a few years ago but I am not sure.

I think Mike said in an review some where he did some Star Trek movie reviews in normal voice before he did the star War review. I didn't watch any Trek movie at the time so I absolutely don't remeber which trek movie reviews I watch. Did Mike ever review the OG crew trek movies (not counting the recent TMP review)? Were there some old random video on the RLM channel before the Plinkett stuff? Was Mike trying to revise history?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h06WKYFYdlo

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

super sweet best pal posted:

Disney's Q2 profits are down 90% from last year

Disney couldn't even crack half a billion with their theme park and cruise revenue gone. Compare that to the $5.4 billion they made at this time last year.

When Disney gets below 70 dollars I'm probably gonna buy some for those sweet sweet marvel bux.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I think it's time we held the wake guys.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Thank goodness I was running out of places to store my pizza rolls I'm sure just one more platter will do the server in forever.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
IT'S FRIDAY
This week we're gonna have some more experimental stuff.
MOVIE ONE

Some kinda horror movie

MOVIE TWO

This is Shape Up with Arnold and yes we're watching all of it

MOVIE THREE

This is a movie made by youtube people. No not those youtube people.

See them all at 8 PM EST at http://psp-tv.com/r/LepersColony that's in about two hours and thirteen minutes!

reignofevil fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 8, 2020

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

General Dog posted:

So that’s the delay, they’re growing one of the Rich Evans replacement clones.

They found rich evans in a bag of cheeses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
To close this thread forever would be my greatest joy, I've already achieved long term goal 1) get the thread to talk about cartoons long term goal 2) show films as often as possible so we can get star wars chat out of the thread long term goal 3) become in charge of a star wars specific subforum to REALLY kill star wars chat in the thread and finally long term goal 4) They're still talking about star wars aren't they.