Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Firebert posted:

This is a great interview, he's 100% right that they have to move on from the soft colonialism and neoliberal lens of TNG, but you need good, smart and young writers to do that, not the people who wrote Batman Forever, Xena: Warrior Princess and the Transformers movies. There's no way they couldn't find good modern sci-fi writers to work with such a high profile property, they simply didn't even try.

oh my god star trek picard is gonna RULE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Watching the witcher. it's sorta good and i'm enjoying it but also very bad.

Weird how they sorta glossed over the fairytale stuff for renfri but went with it for the hedgehog knight and child surprise.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

stephenthinkpad posted:

They skipped the Beauty and the Beast parody story in the book, I like it better than the Renfri/Snow White story.

I have to admit I've read all the witcher books but have no recollection of anything outside the last wish

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Fartbox posted:

If you like cartoons, one punch man is good and also My hero academy. They are very un-anime-like

99% of all other anime is most assuredly hot garbage for braindamaged trash and the people who watch it should be sequestered except they already are, by themselves, in dark basements where no life can thrive, fortunately

hey guys let me give you a list of my favourite anime but by the way anime sucks!!!

please like me

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

anime is good

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

wait... why the gently caress is there a star wars subforum??? should we be in it?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Rageaholic posted:

There's a dedicated Star Wars forum now? lmao

yes it's called somethingawful.com

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

ive browsed the star wars forum and there's a plinkett thread posted by someone itt.

but i wont name and shame

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

hard counter posted:

i'm glad there's a star wars forum because w/o the looming spectre of star wars chat we can now devote the thread to more important rlm subjects

like star trek

the fact there's not a star trek forum is a crime i say!

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i dont know why they didn't age Data for the picard series. just say he changed himself cosmetically so he would fit in more with all his old friends.

gently caress maybe just go the entire hog and let data look like a human. its been what like 40 years?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

it's probably a bad sign that im posting while watching the 1st episode of picard. this is boring but not in a good way.

why the gently caress arent they in space

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

ah okay, i just almost finished the episode so they really just put data replacement in to a box and the only data we see is dream data. so my old post is stupid and bad. sorry.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

OHhh yeah baby. Introduce a character in 1 episode, kill her and then reveal she has a twin which is exactly the same as her in the same episode. a rollercoaster of a episode.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

they did this with b4

GET IT?!?! HIS NAME IS B-FORE

gently caress you braga and berman

no it didnt work. he dead and in a box now.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Force Awakens and Star Trek (2009) are both fine

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

its a baby sarlac with force powers.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

lobsterminator posted:

I feel like Data would have been one of the more acceptable uses of a CGI character. He is supposed be in the uncanny valley and him looking old and fat is weird.

But it was a dream so maybe Picard's brain figured Data would look old and fat.

I'm curious if data is fully 100% dead and the only thing which is left of him is the two (one lol) child but that doesn't make sense because Data would of have to been there to 'craft' her in to his image of a daughter to match the painting. unless data made them BEFORE he died :tinfoil:

personally, I think the romulans must of recoverd data and programmed him..... FOR EVIL and he 'hacked' earth robots so they would attack mars. Why would Romulans attack Mars during Picards rescue effort? well simple. THE BORG.

Data will be all borgified and plugged in to the Romulan Borg cube (the borg cube also caused the romulan sun to go supernova)

e: oh yeah i forgot, the romulan sun explosion was also a FALSE FLAG operation by the Romulan empire using stolen BORG TECH. who is behind all this? you guessed it section 31!!!

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jan 27, 2020

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

when the romulan sun blew up captain picards starship was unknowingly catapulted through TIME AND SPACE to the..... evil universe where Donald Trump founded Starfleet previously known as SPACE FORCE

can former captain picard save the present by fixing the past??

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

dinosaurs are cool. robots are cool. beast wars is cool!

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

tangentially related there were a non-zero amount of people on the internet who i saw expressing the opinion of how much they loved CATS, and every single individual one of them ended up mentioning "as a kid who watched the CATS dvd/Broadway musical one hundred times a day for 3 years straight," and it's essentially the same strain of brainworms i picture transformers and he-man and every other "80's toy commercial pretending to be a cartoon" fans having, just even more rare and malignant

i forgot liking things was bad

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

there's liking *thing*

and then there's liking CATS

naaah, people can like garbage. it's okay we're in the rlm thread.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I've not seen it! but i have seen clips and i'd probably... enjoy it... in the bad movie wtf is this??? sort of way. I like The apple.

KakerMix posted:

The moment someone tries to frame Cats as some grand 4D chess strategy that's ACTUALLY a deep and meaningful critique on purple hairs uncle Bens named Martha you idiot

Then it's something else

Cats ringworm theory

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

piratepilates posted:

I am going to tank whatever cred I may have ever had by admitting that I unironically enjoyed cats (a monstrosity of a movie that I enjoyed seeing). I haven't seen anything about cats before the movie, but I'm definitely interested now.

I'm also really waking up to the fact that I enjoy musicals and really should have been watching more of those in the last 3 decades.

my friend if you've not already done so go buy yourself a copy of the apple

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVKODpCrCpw

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jan 28, 2020

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Communist Walrus posted:

I enjoyed this video about what a piece of poo poo Rick Berman is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeSz2gW8IsE

I did wonder why Garak being gay was dropped from deep space nine. if you're binging it then it's super obvious.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Collapsing Farts posted:

That football thing from starship troopers was good

the thing where it has bouncy floors so you could do weird gymnastic moves? but then someone forgot the bouncy floors and let rico defy gravity when playing capture the flag

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Zippy the Bummer posted:

what kind of stupid gently caress gives a drat about the sequel trilogy. i am going to poo poo out of my window onto the roof and let the turkey vulters eat it if they want

this is a safe space for prequel talk ONLY

now about the clone wars..

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

hard counter posted:

i don't blame mike for pretending the tng movies don't exist but it seems like he's suffering from a bit of that re-run brain since the data-picard friendship develops as the series progresses and especially in the movies, starting with picard going back for data in first contact

otherwise the re:view was on point

I feel like he's right that Picard and Data didn't have some sort of amazing close bond though which is being presented in star trek picard.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

piratepilates posted:

Space Grindr has got to be wild. All sorts of interspecies sex poo poo going on. Gosh what a wonderful future.

i bet there's a lot of man on man loving in the klingon empire but they're all SUPER awkward about it and it's only gay if you're bottoming.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

my friend wants to see the lighthouse but i just want to watch star wars

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

pain&gain is pretty good

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I think she was a failed attempt at making one capable of having a child so he offed her as she was worthless and he's playing god.

I seem to vaguely remember something about sending them out on to other planets. if they could conceive children themselves you could send out self replicating tools basically on 100+ year journeys in to space.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

you know willy wonka being cast as a lady makes sense if you consider in 2020 we're a little uncomfortable with weird 'eccentric' older men taking a interest in children

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

im a huge star trek fan (not a pedo) and i cba to even watch the 2nd picard episode

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

bring back old gbs posted:

i have zero doubt in my mind that lucha is straight up Josh irl and found this thread googling his name

reg date boys

its all in the reg date

i dont think we'd have a real celeberity on somethingawful.com

next time you're on a video josh please say "do you have stairs in your house" so we know its you

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Scaramouche posted:

I like Tim. I still like Culk. Noticeably absent from this episode is any reference to bunny ears which makes me think this is less the cross promotional thing it started as and more just goofing around.

Culks great. I think he must get on with them really well considering he keeps turning up.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i dont think my brain is designed for group viewings. i've seen the room and a 3 movie paul verhoeven night.

people unfunnily screaming at the cinema was okay for the room because its such a poo poo movie but when loving twats keep doing it for paul verhoeven movies it pissed me off. at least most of them had left for starship troopers.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Weirdo posted:

New Hellboy was worth it for the gory scenes near the climax of demons brutally skinning Londoners alive.

Yes, also one time I met Max Landis at a comic signing in vancouver and he offered to take my VHS tapes to Milwaukee (he said he was going back in a month or two) and I naively trusted him. This was like five years ago.

whatever happened to that max landis guy

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I love it when picard says Engage! just like on next generation which the other characters have clearly watched and enjoyed because they all react too!

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

the lighthouse was loving amazing. i got no idea if it was all hallucinations or supernatural but it was rad as hell.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

going in to cinema discussion to read the lighthouse thread and the last page is just them arguing about if they raped each other lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Debating searching it out myself or just asking for a link.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3901740&pagenumber=7

enjoy!