Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Oh my gooodddddd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I am surprised to find out Rich Evans is over 40, and yet also I am not surprised. What a strange feeling.

It's his child-like mirth mixed with his old, old looks, you see.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Origami Dali posted:

going to the movies on an early tuesday afternoon is great

My local theater made Tuesday family day with a big discount :gonk:

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

LabyaMynora posted:

Also, the part where Rich Evans reveals his old, old BOTW story about starting a grease fire at his grandma's house, which I (and I think everyone else watching) assumed was when he was a kid, was when he was 22-years-old.

Ugh, that was amazing. I love Rich as much as I'm capable of loving anyone.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

There was a Cadillac commercial with the main human from Future War. I'll see if I can find it...

edit: ugh, I can't find it, here

Captain Lavender fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Feb 10, 2020

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I like that part where she low-key fingers the fish aliens as assassins.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

luchajones posted:

I dont see how RLM makes any money off youtube ads, cept for Re:views. Doesnt youtube demonetize for language?

I feel like they comedy-bleep swears more often too lately.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Jay: "There is nothing worse than a bad comedy."

Also Jay:

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Most of SNL works like The Onion, where the base idea for it is funny, but then you have to watch for 5 minutes. Like "Tales of Malfeasance in Railroad Hiring Practices".

There are some stand outs though. The most recent episodes I laughed at were Bill Hader ones. Man's talented.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

When Mike was talking about Breen framing his crotch, I was hoping he'd flash some Pre Rec footage.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I liked Other Space. Just start with the second episode. They are all free on Yahoo financial.

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/episode-2-getting-know-070100298.html

I love this show too. I re-watch it a couple times a year, no one has heard of it.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

piratepilates posted:

Improv stuff

Yeah, I think what Mike hates are those troupes where people are doing improv to learn how to do improv - which includes actually performing. People that are really good at it can be really funny, but yeah, it only really works in the moment. I think that's why the Comedy Bang Bang TV show did so-so - they took the funniest spontaneous podcast skits and tried to re-create them. All things considered, I think they did an incredible job; but it also makes sense to me why it didn't get wide appeal.

I just saw The Florida Project on Netflix. I remembered it from one Mike and Jay's movie catch-up episodes. I really loved it. I couldn't believe how authentic the performances were, especially the children. I guess it's a case of a great director more than amazing actors, but it's just extremely believable.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Taintrunner posted:

Hey how come nobody mentioned this

What the gently caress lmao this is even lazier than Detroit Become Human having a “press X to quote MLK” prompt

They out of space signs? gotta use the rusty one

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I just realized that Luke is good at everything without very much training. Not a very good character imvho.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I saw Over the Top, and I always thought the title meant "Go All Out!"; but it was just the way the Stallone was cheating in arm wrestling.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Going "over the top" in the movie just means moving your fingers and wrist so that you have more leverage over your opponent.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

LabyaMynora posted:

Well... if Rich is editing out that his wife/fiancée was there, and the guy's wife was there... maybe he's editing out that they were swinging?

Rich Evans: confirmed swinger

This is the least believable thing I've ever read.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ8SVQhIX0A

I just wanted to post that video, but I'm cool if they don't reboot this / anything.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Good for Jack. Even more surprised they don't get pre-rec back together as a straight-edge outlet for him (though I know it's a Rich decision probably).

I'm kind of in his boat, I drank daily, a lot. But mostly alone, and I never missed work, and was very moderate around others, so no one even knew. I'm 422 days off it today, lost a lot of weight. Miss it terribly though. And getting drunk at the RLM studio was probably fun as all hell.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Oh man, my parents just got a new TV, and we all went over to break it in with a movie. It's my first encounter with 'frame interpolation'.

I was about to throw up, but no one else noticed and they don't want me messing with the settings aaaaaaaahhhh

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

LabyaMynora posted:

I remember seeing it for the first time in a break room at work years ago. I did not understand why it looked like that, and TV manufacturers are shitheads for selling them with it enabled as default.

I guess it's good for sports? I may just change it on the sly if they can't tell anyway.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

reignofevil posted:

Waist belt want belt.

Made my day just a little brighter.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I assumed it showed up on Netflix like Willy Wonka, but no.

Weird Al stayed at a hotel I worked at years ago. Asked me where was good to eat, I gave him a map. Real class act.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I had only heard this recently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axUDlxqC7UY

Giggle Goose posted:

The turtle dreams piece reminded me of a shittier version of this interesting little piece that came out a few years ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfifOja260s

I want one loud "AHHHHHH" for my text tone.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I watched the HBO documentary "Showbiz Kids"

I think I was hoping for something investigative about abuse in the industry, but it really wasn't that at all. Just interviews with child stars and how they felt about their experiences, with some vague nods to incidents. No mention at all of McCauly or Jake Lloyd, (or Max Landis). A couple takeaways:

- Milla Jovovich seems really cool and well adjusted considering her experience.
- Wil Wheaton hates his mother.

My favorite part of it was that, couched in the doc was a current aspiring child actor in LA for pilot season who is really not a good actor at all. He meets an acting coach who immediately is like, "If you want to continue doing this acting thing... you should really... reeeally love doing it..."

1.5/5 stars

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

General Dog posted:

Didn’t Alex Winter direct that?

Whoa, so he did.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I thought Orange is the New Black would be really solid if it ended with her losing it at the end of Season 1.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

luchajones posted:

They should go smaller with the weapons of mass destruction. Like a hand held version of the Death Star. Noisy Cricket but even noisier.

OK kid, now break this thing and lets go home.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Saint Drogo posted:

gently caress Becky
marry Becky
kill Vicky
also gently caress Steve

Deep WotW cut

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Well goddamn.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

That bitch right there just said 'demon'

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I hope A League of Their Own is somehow a prequel that shows how Jimmy Dugan got the clap.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Gripweed posted:

maybe grimdark was the wrong term, but I still don't want to watch your mutilated baby show.

Netflix's Godless did this too, where they made their first scene 5x more gruesome that anything else in the show, and I think it turned off a lot of people.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Just Chamber posted:

This is actually pretty good and not just because it's the only submission so far!

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Would like a Hack Frauds pls and thx.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Reality Protester posted:

it's unfortunate because the Double Down episode was a real good episode. one of Rich Evans' finest performances.

"This movie is nothing but stuff!"

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

One place I want to see more CG in movies and shows is in puke scenes. It's lame every time a character pukes out just a human mouthful of material. CG or those hoses they use on SNL would be fine.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Canadians were on the the prank call that Rich totally did on purpose to stop having to do prank calls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Having dinner with the folks, my mom wanted to see Capone because it has Tom Hardy in it, and ohhh man, it's a literal poo poo show.

I hope they do a Half in the Bag on it so Mike can do Hardy's Capone. Tom Hardy sounded exactly like Mike doing Eloise Cole:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCtnb81OhV4&t=2634s