Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

LarksTongues posted:

So to continue star wars chat (I know),I wanted to touch on the sacrifice at the end of ROS. Was anyone else thinking Rey should have sacrificed herself for Ben? I knew as soon as he crawled back and she was dead that he would sacrifice himself for her, but if she had stayed a nobody and helped him redeem the Skywalker name you wouldn't have had to make a ridiculous palpatine/rey connection to give her any purpose in the trilogy. just spitballing here but I really think reversing that scene and throwing out the terrible surprise rey reveal would go a long way in making this movie hurt your brain less.

He's killed billions of people, you can't let him walk free a good guy now cause he helped in the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

DC does not have need of a reboot regardless. Joker and Aquaman both made a billion, Shazam was well received, production is scheduled for several films, Wonder Woman will almost certainly be a hit as will the Guardians of the Suicide movie. Birds of Prey will probably make a ton of money but not be liked by critics.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

PostNouveau posted:

When Patty Jenkins made a D.C. superhero movie that wasn't a huge pile of poo poo, the D.C. suits should have just put her in charge of all of it.

Same thing with John Favreau and The Mandalorian. You found someone who knows how to do it; now let them do it.

Zack Snyder was heavily involved in Wonder Woman. He cast her, approved the costume design, had story credit, and Jenkins says he helped fight for some of her creative choices

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

bring back old gbs posted:

lmao the flash movie is still technically in production

They have a script by Grant Morrison and Ezra Miller they finally approved and are ready to move forward on

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Finally a minor actor murdered someone, now MCU fans know what it's like to be a power rangers fan

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

General Dog posted:

Anakin's word of encouragement to Rey should've been "try spinning, that's a neat trick!"

I feel like that would actually work, too, spinning it like a helicopter

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Raskolnikov38 posted:

wasn't one of the voices a cartoon character? how was that gonna work

The cartoon character was of a species that had been in live action films, so they would have the costume and makeup design

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I remember as a child being mad at Men in Tights because I was a dumbass preteen who thought the actress from Wings was about to get naked and I got mad when it didn't happen

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lest us forget Solarbabies

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Flophouse had a fun bit about what happened after Rey said her name was Skywalker. That lady called the cops. As far as anyone on Tatooine knows Luke Skywalker, a quiet kid who enjoyed shooting rats, killed his family and burned down their home then fled on a ship with an outlaw smuggler who killed a Rodian on his way out, and a crazy hermit who chopped off a guys arm on the way out.

If they know anything about his return, Luke killed the number one employer on the planet and destroyed their job infrastructure.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There's a Yoda in the Jedi counsel on Dantooine. You have to take his personality test to determine your Jedi class

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

sweet geek swag posted:

Jedi Master Flail Windu, son of Jedi Master Battleaxe Windu was recorded confronting Master Yoda about his activities.

Jedi Master Windu: You're making us all look bad Yoda! We already have enough problems with the public since we took up your 'let's kidnap kids and turn them into soldiers idea.' But now people are going to think we're all sex perverts!

Jedi Master Yoda: Believe those women, no one will. Know who I am, do they?

Yaddle: A one time thing this was
Yoda: Judge me by my size do you?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't actually know who Bill Burr is and never saw him in my life.

If I haven't seen it, it's new to me!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Always one there are. A master

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zeta Acosta posted:

the blue alien lady from fifth element has more character than the entire star wars cinematic universe imo

She has a name: Avatar

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pauline Wayne!!!!!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Pauline Wayne!!!!!

What the gently caress this movie is not about the Taft family cow why the gently caress you name it First Cow

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

RoboCop the animated series is better than Caravan of Courage but not as good as Battle for Endor

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm like at episode 5 and it isn't confusing, it just takes place over a couple different time periods which they don't tell you explicitly but it becomes extremely apparent in episode 4 then you realize what user everything happened in and from then on it's all strictly linear

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Monkey Fracas posted:

Yeah there was time fuckery but it didn't really get in the way of me enjoying the show either- trying to tell the story of these three separate characters was a neat idea but I wish we had more Ren Faire Monster CSI stuff

I mean it's good that it wasn't like a monster of the week show like some old Star Trek TNG eps but I wanted a little more of that

I liked that there was all this dark fantasy backstory for Ciri and Yennefer and then every once in a while the show is like "Meanwhile, the Witcher" and some villager covered in poo poo is like "Oi whose gonna save us what wot from that monster eh?" And he strolls in "Im the Witcher"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I mean they made Tom Hanks look 10 years old in Big way back in the 80s. And they made Marlon Wayans flawlessly looked like a real baby in Little Man in 2006. Technology has been around a while

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mordja posted:

Huh, TJ Miller's still getting work.

Or is this one of those that was shot a while ago

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

hard counter posted:

teens are, virtually as a rule, pretty annoying at theatres especially in groups but they're also easily avoided since there's only a couple of days and a handful of hours that works for them most of the year

I was about 3/4 through Once Upon a Time in Hollywood when like 4 teens got up, and their leader shouted "THIS MOVIE IS GAY... (F slur)!!!!!" flipped everyone off

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

John Boyega status: GOAT

https://twitter.com/MARVELOLOGY/sta...ingawful.com%2F

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Agreed 100%. Hacking is the most boring thing to put on screen. James Bond should never ever be about computers, it's so boring

Ok, but, Bori Grishenko rules. He's hacking with one hand then poo poo gets serious and he starts hacking with two hands, that poo poo rules

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mordja posted:

Who wants to watch Jared Leto as a comic book dracula? Nobody? Well, here it is anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eQBl3_6FKA
EFB

The first man to play both Joker and Bat-man

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

violent sex idiot posted:

in the comics morbius is a dork who sucks plasma out of people with vaginas in his hands

That's only in the animated series because they couldn't say "blood" or have him bite

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Looking forward to new CBS series

Nerdsperm Sheldon

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Thank God for Jim motherfucking Sterling, son

He rules

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Whorelord posted:

i wouldn't know, he's too unpleasant to look at/listen to

You need to get in the headspace that your are looking at a professional wrestler, a cartoon character. Like Bam Bam Bigelow or Earthquake. First, he is a professional wrestler. Second, viewing as a character is the only way you can view British people

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

who is the guy who shows up with Macauley all the time

His personal assistant

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No Mods No Masters posted:

Jim S is in the rare 'right about almost everything but somehow annoying to listen to about it' category. Also outside of occasional skits all his vids are just reading a script over b-roll which gets old/seems like a bit of a waste of the medium. Thanks for reading my Jim S views

The B roll actually has a purpose. It's a bunch of copyrighted clips from different companies so no one of them can copyright claim the video and get ad revenue off his work.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

priznat posted:

I think he was playing up a faux authoritarian vibe but that was more of a play on “I am right about everything” than actually being a nazi. He’s cooled down on that and he’s definitely not a nazi

He pivoted to a carnival Barker persona. He's aleftist economically and socially, he's been on Bernie Sanders podcast taking about exploitation of labor and consumers in the video game industry.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Put Joker in one of those plants Mongol put Superman in where Joker is living his fantasy life

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There's no reason to think his dick would eject emissions at some kind of hyper velocity or that said emissions would be inherently ballistic

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

13Pandora13 posted:

Joker was extremely mediocre and the good things they could take from it (letting talented actors actually act) they certainly will not (let's stir up dumb controversies! let's be edgy and depressing but not with a weird brown filter!).

The film they should be learning from is Shazam! (let characters breathe in their own world before working them together/making them all fit into a common tone).

They didn't really try to stir up controversy with Joker. All their marketing was about it's critical acclaim. The press just went loving insane over the idea of a character in a movie killing people with a gun because that had never been done before

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sally Field is still alive and working folks! Therefore flying nun jokes are more valid then princess Leia hair bun jokes

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Delthalaz posted:

What’s so bad about the Watchmen tv show anyway? I heard- it was good

Anything that people say it's good it's actually bad. Anything that people say it's bad is also still bad and only sad losers watch it ironically.

The only good shows are ones where people are like "Eh it's ok", those rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Milo and POTUS posted:

The only female youtube stars I like are Susan, Gillian and Jesse!

And Holly Wolf