Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I'm glad we have a new thread for discussing Red Letter Media and other similar Youtube movie criticism channels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/GarbageApe/status/1212100980537462784?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Pretty much every person involved in RotS is trashing it or blaming someone else for it. I don't think Boyega is going to lose work because of his tweets

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The Reylos make a pretty convincing case that the movie was shot with Kylo living but they awkwardly cut it to him being dead at the last minute.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1212416874173984773?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Boinks posted:

Are any of the RLM commentary tracks worth buying?

You can just listen to them for free on their website

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

whatever7 posted:

Can't tell if you are joking, but I got banned by resetera quite a few times until I gave up on it. Including one time I made fun of "flying Leia". And I ain't even white.

https://twitter.com/FOXHOUNDER1014/status/1212373089423519745?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1211784272824033280?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Thinking about it, I'm surprised that it's not Finn X Poe that's the ship that's causing the most trouble. Yaoi shippers are usually the most aggressive and belligerent. I believe this is resultant from them being emboldened by their ability to fall back on "you only disapprove of our ship because you're a homophobe." So that it's a non-yaoi ship causing all the trouble is strange to me.

Nobody was expecting anything to actually happen there. And Isaac has been vocally unhappy about it. Whereas Reylo seemed like a fairly likely outcome, and everybody is still pretending that it's good actually that Rey went to a desert planet to live alone again

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/jokanhiyou/status/1212585038107136000?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Hackers film 1995 posted:

shippers (which i had to google just now)?

lmao

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Zack Snyder was heavily involved in Wonder Woman. He cast her, approved the costume design, had story credit, and Jenkins says he helped fight for some of her creative choices

There weren't any creative choices in Wonder Woman. It was the blandest superhero movie I've eve seen

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

sweet geek swag posted:

You haven't seen Thor: The Dark World, have you?

the stuff with the kids playing with the floating truck and space portals was weird and neat. And the final fight had the funny bit with Thor trying to summer his hammer. Thor 2 was super boring, but there were at least a couple sparks in there. Wonder Woman could've been made by a computer program

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Ybrik posted:

My body craves the junka episode

yeah the first Junka episode is probably my favorite thing they've done since the original Star Trek reviews. I'm so glad it's a recurring thing

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Delthalaz posted:

Ok I read wookiepedia and looked up the canon and it’s just as stupid and lazy as Palpatine being a god:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sith_Eternal

All the enormous military ships were built in secret by a tiny cult on a barren planet. the cult also raised and trained the soldiers

You say this stupid, but honestly this seems like a way better premise for the sequel trilogy than the First Order. Like imagine if the first movie in the new trilogy had revealed Palpatine was alive and had constructed a fleet off Death Star Destroyers and an army of cultists and done a surprise attack on the Republic. That would've been way better.

People would've complained that it was just the Empire again, but eviler, but that still seems better to me than the First Order. Which was just the Empire again, but... no it's the exact same.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Arcsquad12 posted:

Friendly reminder that Legacy of the Force ended with proto-Kylo Ben getting his arm hacked off with a machete, getting dumped into a box of used syringes and then getting stabbed by his twin sister before leaving his corpse to get tossed into a Star Destroyer (named after his dead brother) incinerator while his surviving family members look on with disgust.

And then a psycho Imperial warlord who was the Star Wars equivalent of a Japanese war vet holding out on a desert island gets elected Space President. And she's implied to have dated Boba Fett.

I kinda want to read Legacy of the Force

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Lost a little respect for Rich Evans after finding out he didn't like Noah

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

mallratcal posted:

A movie with a "planking" joke in 2020. Cool.

I think they were referring to the exercise, not the meme

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

mallratcal posted:

The sure fire hit: Trolls World Tour!

Edit: The Grudge opened this weekend. I had no idea.

Goddamnit if we're going to have another wave of J-horror adaptations give us a goddamn Tomie movie!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Endless Trash posted:

Rich Evans in a suit is bae

that was a drat rumpled rear end suit

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Andro Dunos posted:

On imdb there are:

Dr. Dolittle and His Animals (1928) German silent film

They made a silent movie about talking animals?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

mallratcal posted:

It was just Dolittle's turn on the public domain list. Zorro and Tarzan are waiting in the wings.

new Zorro could kick rear end, but I imagine they'd gently caress it up probably in the exact same way they hosed up Lone Ranger

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

eric ciaramella posted:

I watched one Jenny video

Was it this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ViKvHkNyqE

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

super sweet best pal posted:

It's going to be Ben Hur all over again.

I literally only know that movie exists because of the video they did about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aomqbq5eIB0

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Firebert posted:

they should try to adapt island of dr moreau again, idk who they get for a bloated sundowning doctor this time, maybe bruce willis

They absolutely should doe Island of Dr. Moreau, especially because you know it would be horny.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

eric ciaramella posted:

universal owns 3/4 of those. remember the Dark Universe?

Universal owns none of those, they are all public domain

LabyaMynora posted:

Have Richard Stanley do it. :getin:

stop motion could work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgo9dJB_icw

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Cutedge posted:

You’re in luck, a new Dracula show came out on Netflix literally yesterday (but it’s by the guys who did Sherlock so maybe it’ll be ok?)

You guys are also joking about Zorro but a new Zorro movie is allegedly in the works but with a female Zorro and set in a post apocalypse future because gently caress movies

In one post you imply Sherlock is good and say post-apocalyptic lady Zorro sounds bad.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Lady Zorro isn't even a lady Ghostbusters situation because Lady Zorro has been a thing in the comics for years

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

John Wick of Dogs posted:

If they know anything about his return, Luke killed the number one employer on the planet and destroyed their job infrastructure.

There is absolutely nothing in the movies to even imply that Jaba is the number one employer on the planet. The mere fact that the Jawas can make a living as itinerant junk merchants selling droids to farmers implies that the moisture industry alone is more significant than the few dozen people we see in Jaba's palace and on his skiff. And that Han can sit down in a bar in Mos Eisley and only encounter a single bounty hunter. If Jaba was the number one employer on the planet, everyone in the bar would be after Solo's head.

You are just making something up that is not at all supported by the text in order to have a laugh. I've never listened to the Flophouse, and if that's the kind of intellectual rigor they bring to the table, I'm gonna keep it that way.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Actually, I think you'll find that as the singular employer in the first Star Wars film, the EU establishes that Jabba hails from a planet of job-providing mob boss slugs.

This..this is true, isn't it. :negative:

Of course. You see one Hutt in the movies and it's a gangster, therefore all Hutts are gangsters

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

reignofevil posted:

Has there ever been a non-criminal hutt?

a quick google shows that there was a Jedi Hutt.

Who fell to the dark side

and then also became a mob boss

Leia killed it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

First of May posted:

Yes, pretty much. Being from a water planet, Mon Cals have a natural aptitude for spatial orientation in three dimensions and make excellent space battle tacticians.

Wouldn't the same be true for Gungans?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Cowcaster posted:

i know our society/culture really does a number on women but i thought everyone on the planet regardless of gender knows that gwyneth paltrow's nonsense about cramming rocks up your snooch was loving idiotic, is there really a big enough demographic that netflix creating an entire series about it could possibly be profitable? or are they so incredibly deep in the red at this point that this is gwyneth paltrow paying them to essentially make advertisements for her?

I think there's a decent number of people interested in watching Gwyneth Paltrow sticking various objects in her vagina to see which ones are magic

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

PostNouveau posted:

There are only seven stories

Overcoming the Monster.
Rags to Riches.
The Quest.
Voyage and Return.
Rebirth.
Comedy.
Sad Milwaukee alcoholic gets more and more purple until he dies.

you are like a child

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/SleepHussy/status/1214595273646841857?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

stephenthinkpad posted:

I dont follow JJ 's career that much, did he have "mystery character that turns out to be a blank box" in his old shows beside run-of-the-mill mystery mcguffin boxes?

Walt! Walt! Waaaaaalt!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Daikloktos posted:

To be fair the actor hit puberty and had to be written out. Even when they brought him in for a cameo a year after he left they were making jokes about "Taller Ghost Walt"

JJ should not have built that plot around the idea that the 11 year old actor they hired for the role would not visibly age in the next five years

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

luchajones posted:

You arent a real fan unless you've watched every PreRec stream.

You aren't a fan at all after you've watched every prerec stream because that poo poo sucked and will make you hate the whole thing

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/mokelly1066/status/1214663259976019973?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I've never seen any movie, even genuine flops, have this much finger pointing and blame shifting. Everyone involved wants everybody to know it wasn't their fault.