Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??
I had never seen Patton do anything beforehand, so I just spent the episode wondering why he was so bored and why I recognised his rodenty sounding voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Endless Trash posted:

Max Landis was definitely bored cause there were no women to harass :(
Jeepers

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

I don't get around to watching films anymore, I just wait for RLM to do a review and read the Wikipedia synopsis. I do not know if this is normal but hey ho.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Maybe if they just did a Disney plus series and gave it to someone who gave two flying Fs about good storytelling.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

stephenthinkpad posted:

Why would Disney do it when they can hand it to the Russo brothers and make a 1 billion dollar Luke Skywalker movie involving time travel?
I do get to travel an hour to the nearest English language cinema once a year for Star wars, so I guess for me this is the good option anyway.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Raskolnikov38 posted:

no jj had lando claim he was spying on palpatine with luke for the past 30 years

In film? I don't remember a thing about that scene. Edit: Or rather what Lando said or was doing there or just Lando. RIP Billy

RickRogers fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jun 28, 2020

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Raskolnikov38 posted:

is there any testing footage/audio of jackson as jar jar?

Pretty sure he would have reprised his scarecrow act from the Wiz.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

PostNouveau posted:

At that point in his career, I think he was completely incapable of doing a character other than Michael Jackson. It would not have been the Caribbean minstrel show routine we got. Woulda been pure Jacko
Right, he would have been moonwalking and screaming and everything. Sigh.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

I immediately smashed that subscribe button. Anymore recommended stuff from the gang?

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

luchajones posted:

I think he said he made this for his kids? Who tells a kid to dab his dick after peeing?

Joys of parenting do involve around 70% toilet stuff

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Weird Al just posted a "Hamilton Polka" on his YouTube channel.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

piratepilates posted:

there's a thread in CD called "SHAMEFUL: The greatest movies you've never seen", one of the movies on my list is the first godfather and it's the one someone chose for me to watch.

that was december 23 2015 and I have still not gotten around to finishing the godfather gently caress I have to get off my rear end and do that some time in the next decade.

I went down a big ol' mafia rabbit hole after the godfather, that ended with binging on the sopranos and passing out on cheap red wine.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Milo and POTUS posted:

Get Connery out of retirement. 3 Generations of Jones

Did they kill off Rhys-Davis in crystal skull, like offscreen?
Actually doesn't matter, bring em' all back, Shortround and Mola Ram too
(Edit:because I will recognise them and clap.)

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Quantum of Phallus posted:

but they already released the hobbit :confused:

:supaburn:

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

45/50, but I have read the plots for the others on Wikipedia

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

I once owned 3 different versions of blade runner.
So maybe it's just to make idiots constantly buy different versions/releases/cuts in search of 'the best'.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

John Wick of Dogs posted:

"Kelsey's grandfather died of cancer when he was twelve years old.[9] In 1968, his father was murdered in a home invasion.[10][11] In 1975, his sister was kidnapped, raped, and murdered in Colorado Springs.[12] In 1980, his two half-brothers died in a scuba diving accident.[13]"

Yeah Grammar gets a bit of a pass after all that poo poo tbh.

By the way the name of the man who murdered his father was Niles(who was found not guilty by reason of insanity)

He really has a comic book villain/antihero backstory.
I think most of us might do worse things to ourselves and others if this list of poo poo happened over our lives, so yeah, pass I guess.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Moola posted:

okay but why would you make this post AFTER someone just brought up he might be into fuckin kids lol?

:guillotine:

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Lots of people have horrible trauma in their lives. They all do not go on to support literal death cult Nazis. Grammar does not get a pass because he had a hosed up life.
His past explains his behavior but does not excuse it.

Which is a shame, because he is a great actor, and he's charismatic and hard to dislike.

I get a free pass because I said "pass I guess"

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

THE BAR posted:

It's good until it hits one of those episodes where they meekly try to punch you in your feelings over and over, much like later seasons of The Venture Bros.

Yeah, but don't we actually care about team Venture characters?

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Milo and POTUS posted:

My habit of preferring earlier season adult animated shows holds true for VB too. Nothing will ever top the second season. But unlike, say, the simpsons, I like the most recent fare enough to encourage them to try

It's been so long since I watched them, but I actually really liked 6 and 7. Yeah it 'lost focus' I guess, but there were always stand out stuff to enjoy. R+M can sway me be being pretty and sometimes shocking enough, but the emotional hook is never going to get there for me.

Recent fare? Pretty sure the the Simpsons ended in 1997 bud.

RickRogers fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jul 13, 2020

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

How is the new series of what we do in the shadows? I mean I loved the first, really spoke to me, so as soon as I can get it in English here then I will.
Funny story about that, you see the service I first tried to use to stream it is region locked! So wow, how annoying. But you see I don't want to download it from some shady darkweb-backward site you know? Like what is the dark web anyway? I spoke to Jill from accounting, just yesterday in fact, and she couldn't figure it out either. Anyway, nice talking to you all.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

No Mods No Masters posted:

Star wars should go where it belongs. That's right, sony pictures

:suicide:

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

LabyaMynora posted:

If George Lucas bought Star Wars back from Disney for $2-$3 billion (or less!) and then explicitly said that all the Disney Star Wars movies were non-canon, and then made his stupid loving Whills of the Force bullshit movie, I would regard him as one of the greatest pranksters/trolls of all time.

There's still no way I'd actually watch any of his poo poo, though.

Goddamn liar. I'm going to drink star wars through a straw until the well is f'n dry

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Rich's
Lactating
Man-boobs

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Whorelord posted:

i accidentally watched a small portion of one of his videos the other day before i had to turn it off

it's like every bad thing about terrible video reviewers rolled into one: unbearable smugness, barely contained ranting about "muh sjws", unrelenting tedium and an english accent that i've only ever heard spoken by complete and utter cunts
Confirmed, I speak loik this and are oval office

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

All this talk about James Woods and I'm raring for either classic Simpsons episodes or once upon a time in America.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

bitterandtwisted posted:

I saw Cape Fear recently. Did not see De Niro disguised as the maid coming.
Good film, but I was disappointed De NIro never steps on any rakes

And where was the entire score of HMS Pinafore??

4/10

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

jeeves posted:

My girlfriend really liked this episode of Best of the Worst, after never seeing any before.

Are there any other as good ones as TURTLE DREAMZ or should we just randomly pick ones?

I feel like we just so happened to randomly choose wisely and the next BOTW we put on will turn us into nazi shriveled skeletons by choosing poorly.

But if you don't start at the beginning you will not understand the plot.

:confused:

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Looks like Mike has shaved his beard to give himself a jawline. May have also lost weight.

I mean, good for him. We all love Mike and want him to at least feel good for a little while before he gets torn down again.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

In the same way professor hulk is sexy

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Obeah posted:

Hell, I'm not afraid to say it: for a man less than a year away from turning 90, William Shatner lookin kinda like a snack.

Can the same be said for Mike "Stoklasa" and Rich Evans ten years from now?

Both will be dead by then, locked in the death-embrace of mutual strangulation for the rest of time.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Jiro posted:

Ahhh the G'Kar and Londo friendship death.

poo poo, I'm welling up even now.

I can't remember, has Mike referenced B5 at all? Maybe he reserves that for serious discussions only.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Fojar38 posted:

Apparently Turtle Dreams is considered the high watermark of someone's auteur career which puts me firmly on Team Rich in that it is now clear that to be avant garde all you need to do is put your head neck-deep into your rear end

Neck deep, then just. keep. pushing.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

I have put off Solo since I wanted to tear my eyeballs out after R0.

I only saw ROS for a sense of closure, and boy is something closed off in me now.
Ian McDiarmid is still awesome though.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Endless Trash posted:

I sometimes catch myself wondering how the sequel trilogy will end and then I remember that it...did

Oh god, oh no.

:saddowns:

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Mozi posted:

i was just happy to discover the origin of han's name, when they had that big limbo contest and he won the millennium falcon by going 'so low'

I thought he was a spice dealer, renowned throughout the outer rim for both the purity and low price of his product.
How low you might you ask? So loving low you would be high as a rancour in musth and still have change buy your own slave boy from a flying blue Arab.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Cinema is so hosed

Yay?

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

lobsterminator posted:

Forget Shatner. This is the only Star Trek content you need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhrAeSO00fg

My parents had this game and would play it with friends after my siblings and I went to bed.
I would lay awake hearing the muffled sound of the tape playing, intense longing burning within me to play and be one of the adults.
There is no punchline here, it is genuinely a sad memory of my childhood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

:chanpop:

That's the good poo poo that I come here for.

Goddamn VCR board games, I always knew they would be the future of entertainment.