Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

"that star wars movie got you lot all the way hosed up"

what

can someone explain this to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I mean it doesn’t really matter because if the show says they figured it out and it’s real then there’s basically no debating it because it doesn’t exist in the real world anyways

They also have gravity plating and clear aluminum or something but I guess that’s not as sexy or fun to call them out on

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yeah its just funny that when reaching for examples of magic fuckery the poster managed to grab one that does actually kinda exist

I already knew it existed but I’m obviously using the spacefaring magic spaceship kind that’s 100% clear and can resist the vacuum is space. Don’t be an hyperbolic weirdo, you know what I meant.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Does anyone have a time stamp in the Rawhead Rex review where they removed the random guy’s art?

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I wonder if that Barenaked Ladies CD had been in there since like 2000 stuck inside at the Goodwill until someone finally dislodged it by being thrown into it

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Fartbox posted:

I thought man of steel was fine and the main complaint I hear about it which is the super city destruction near the end, was like my favourite thing about it

I always figured that when two superhumans fight it out in an urban environment, that's exactly what would happen

Man of Steel was one of the better superhero movies to come out since they started imho. I kind of respect that they showed the whole loving city getting destroyed and a ton of people dying solely because it's actually what would happen if a giant loving gravity machine was squishing everything and two demigods were throwing buildings at each other. The "look you can see everyone is leaving and running away so now it's okay to fight in this zero-stakes thunderdome" camera shot they always do in Avengers or whatever keeps popcornmouthed audience from not feeling too bad about the splosions so their funko pop figures don't get the stain of actual consequence. Not to mention Zod was literally going to genocide the earth if Superman didn't do anything so I don't get why people are somehow pearl clutching about it.

Put another way, would you rather watch Superman Returns with its greased lens humanity-less story or Man of Steel?

It's still not great but it's not bad. Also, Michael Shannon can do no wrong.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

whoa hold up

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

are you trying to say that this movie WASN'T real???

oh poo poo I actually got somewhat emotionally invested in the character - good thing none of that ever happened. My mistake.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Ehud posted:

The second camera angle is just a close up of Rich to get his specific reaction, because it's just that kind of movie.”

Release the Evans cut

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Yeeeeee-ikes

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

yeah lol I was confused

This one is still up for me

https://twitter.com/thefrickery/status/1297320737418743810

Actually looks okay but I kind of wish they would just invent a new, interesting villain instead of just running through the classics

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Taintrunner posted:

Yeah I thought it was the Riddler as the villain at first, sadly it’s just the Joker again. What a waste.

I think it is the riddler but with joker henchman... no? I mean the question marks would seem to be a pretty big tell

edit: yeah see

Great casting, Paul Dano owns

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

If you want to get into heavy-handed imagery and libertarian freedom poo poo, Superman Returns also had this beauty

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Endless Trash posted:

I’m really stoked to have not seen TWO Justice Leagues
__________/\__

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Laterite posted:

The German dude is Flula Borg; he owns and that he's in this makes me 10x more excited to see it.

talk about an appropriate name for a german

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Holy poo poo Lynch looks like he aged 20 years in one summer

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Communist Walrus posted:

Am I totally misremembering or is there a scene in Man of Steel where he busts out of the Kryptonian ship while it's in orbit and then strikes a crucified pose for absolutely no reason?

The difference is that in Superman Returns he does the Jesus Christ Pose after saving the world and then dying and falling from the heavens to be reborn after his death and burial (really subtle!!!), literally that's exactly what happens

In Man of Steel he just kind of does a video game T-pose because he lost his powers and needs to recharge in the sunlight or something, or like he's doing some kind of backstroke into the water like Gary Sinise in Forrest Gump after he thanks Forrest for saving him in Vietnam

edit: spel

AHH F/UGH fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 23, 2020

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Why don't the bad guys just like, run away from Steven Seagal, you know he can't do more than like 100 meters before he gets too winded to actually keep going. You don't have to fight him hand-to-hand or something, just run away and it's over and you've won

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I'm probably completely alone in this but I hated The Dark Knight Returns and the animation in the movies sucked butts

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Like Watchmen is good but also kind of tedious and masturbatory, and 300 is decent even if the movie did spawn a ton of right-wing 'strong man is good' epic memer poo poo like Leonidas was some Punisher from antiquity but I basically dislike *everything* about The Dark Knight returns. Even the loving layout blows.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

kdrudy posted:

He lived an amazing life.

This just made me realize something

Tired: The Onion is funny
Wired: Weekly World News is the best satire newspaper of all time

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Debunk This! posted:

Devito was good as the penguin.

Danny Devito is the penguin.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Quantum of Phallus posted:

If you make Alien and Blade Runner, you can do whatever the gently caress you want IMO

His involvement in "making" those two movies, specifically the most memorable and best parts of them, weren't even done by him.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

RickRogers posted:

I hyped up Prometheus to my group of student freinds, we all went to the cinema. I felt a little, let's say 'mixed' about it, then aterwards just one comment as we were exiting: "well that was a bit poo poo, why did we want to see it again?"
Ridley is dead to me.

The trailer was better than the movie and it suckered a lot of people into seeing it, including me

The parts where Noomi Rapace is talking about Jesus when she was a child and poo poo had me thinking they swapped to the wrong movie's reel or something

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

gently caress off, he directed them.

George Lucas also directed Star Wars

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

It's an anime and therefore bad

This unironically except Akira and Fist of the North Star

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Why is there a buzzing bug in the background for the entirety of this video?

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

THE BAR posted:

Dexter Holland from The Offspring seems like a nice guy.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Jack exists to give people watching a chance to look at their phones and change tabs on their main monitor, and for that I thank him

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Jay looks like Jonathon Taylor Thomas became really pale and grew a beard

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

They really should just do what fuckhead Lowtax did and say gently caress it and just get a company that prints and makes this stuff like Teespring.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

The first season of Westworld was pretty good but holy poo poo season 2 nosedives

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Yeah I think I stopped watching Dexter after season 1 or something, maybe the first episode into season 2. I was already forcing myself to watch it by that point.

Now Boardwalk Empire, now THERE'S a show I'd like to see come back in some fashion. I'm re-watching it now and I'm on season 5, and that show just gets better and better every season. I'd watch it just for the set dressing and design.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I dunno if she died in the show because I stopped watching after s3 or forgot but I never want to see Paz De LaHuerta in anything ever again.
It did give my fave Mike Shannon a load of good work so it's a win in my book.

She was good in Enter The Void I guess? I dunno she's basically just a low down and dirty ho so she played that part fine I suppose. I think she stopped after season 1. Michael Shannon does indeed own.

I highly HIGHLY recommend going back for another look. I, kinda like you, stopped after season 2 way back in 2011 or something, and on a lark I started watching again, and it's so absolutely worth it. Season 4 and especially season 5 are insanely good TV.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Halloween is the best slasher series and Jay is wrong when he says Michael Meyers is lame

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Bruce Willis must have some insane gambling debts or something

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Stalker, the Russian film, is probably the scariest/edgiest movie I’ve seen. The tunnel scene.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Taintrunner posted:

The only outcome of a brutal warmongering rapist with an austerity fetish winning the election is a Trump 2.0 burning everything to the loving ground in 2024. Nobody is counting on this election having a positive outcome. The sputtering dipshit refuses to do a mask mandate, much less a national lockdown, or even single payer healthcare. We're hosed.

Sir, this is the laugh at Dick thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Josh is good on Re:view because you don't need to be funny, and the films in general are good so you don't have to crack jokes about them but rather just talk about why you like them, which is fine for him. But saying stuff like "Rem Lazar can't melt steel beams" or whatever is the kind of low-hanging fruit SA Goon circa 2004-era comedy that these days completely stops the other three dead in their tracks. That's my hot and horny take on Josh, a man I don't know. Thank you for reading.