Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Hackers film 1995 posted:

babu fabu. kathleen latrine.
leonardo retardo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Sam Faust posted:

Feed me the junka. I need the junka.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i am upset at it being mentioned that jack and the giant killer slayer was 7 years ago. colin came on because he worked on the vfx for it. time needs to stop so i can enjoy more product.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i know our society/culture really does a number on women but i thought everyone on the planet regardless of gender knows that gwyneth paltrow's nonsense about cramming rocks up your snooch was loving idiotic, is there really a big enough demographic that netflix creating an entire series about it could possibly be profitable? or are they so incredibly deep in the red at this point that this is gwyneth paltrow paying them to essentially make advertisements for her?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

revwinnebago posted:

...you're saying The Patriarchy is somehow responsible for Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop?

I mean in the same sense that everyone dug deep to help fund Theranos, I guess.

in what possible way is cramming rocks in all your holes for clearer skin, tighter vaginas, and weight loss not the fault of the patriarchy

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

that's right. they're going to butt poop your sneeze toot.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

PostNouveau posted:

You can tell the Star Wars corporate office didn't have much to do with The Mandalorian because in the last episode they have an extended comedy scene where one of the punchlines is stormtroopers getting pissed off at Baby Yoda and punching him repeatedly.

wait for real or are you making a goof

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

well i guess that gives this tweet more context, i thought it was just because baby yoda is repulsive

https://twitter.com/yaquoisyuexiao/status/1205595416135372800?s=20

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

goongas

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it's funny because after the force awakens dropped that's what it seemed like they were going to do

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i haven't watched any of the mandalorian but i feel confident in saying that the reason baby yoda is important is because he has four buttholes

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 7, 2020

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

he was also doing collaborations with yahtzee from the escapist, which as far as i know went completely bankrupt and fired everyone who contributed to the website except for yahtzee, from the escapist

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Monkey Fracas posted:

always thought the Force Microorganisms Science poo poo was real weird especially given the 70's New-Age Space Hippie thing going on in the original films

i figure if lucas was really knocking out the drafts for it two days before they started shooting he probably just glommed onto the the current trends that interested him and what with jurassic park and cloning and genetics and microbiology being in vogue during the mid-90's just took a shot at that

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Firebert posted:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1215007789547999235

Good news the DC movies are gonna continue to suck

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

watched the first couple of episodes of the mangolorian last night. like it seems above average but i'm kind of shocked at how cheap and cheesy some of it looks, especially considering the witcher netflix was getting poo poo flung at it for the same problems.

i will say when he was fighting the 5 ton space rhino i was dreading the moment when he was going to stand up and like, judo throw it or some stupid poo poo because "he's the MANDOLORIAN! he'll never lose!" but no, actually he just rolls around in the mud helplessly while groaning because he just got hit in the chest by a 5 ton space rhino. now that's some expectation subversion in a satisfying way!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

all the tiny little laser pew pews

when all the mandalorians jetpack in for a huge cgi party

when baby yoda eated the frog

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i guess i should also temper that with praise for actually having a lot of loving puppets and physical props even if it was because warner herzog bullied them into it. the jawa christmas light eyeballs under a hood look "cheap" but also just there being a physical prop there means it's 5000% better than some lovely cgi

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

yeah watch the mandalorian because star wars has wonderful fans

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh another thing i just remembered thinking about while watching the mandalorian last night was whenever they talked about him never taking off his helmet all i could think of was this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAOo8nE8_Jg

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

everyone jumps immediately to the timeline weirdness as being the weird hosed up thing people are talking about when they complain about the witcher and i feel like that’s not really what bothered anyone. the crummy dialogue, the telepathic dragons, the 50 times per episode they use the word “destiny”, the having to split the 10 episodes they have between establishing three separate main characters, stuff like that is way worse

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Just Chamber posted:

You're right that the show is often badly directed/ acted but they show this, not exactly how you describe but you see the barrier fall. You see the soldiers firing arrows into the barrier over and over until eventually they pierce it and two flaming arrows stick to the door. The soldiers cheers and then rush forward.

ha i remembered it being like that too but didn’t want to say anything because i wasn’t sure

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

like a lot of poo poo it’s fleshed out a lot more in the short story (as well as everything else in that episode) but they took a big hatchet to it in order to fit in into an hour

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

PostNouveau posted:

I only played the Witcher 3, and you spend like half the game going "Where's Yennefer I must find her she is my lost love" and then she finally shows up and she's a humongous rear end in a top hat. Just a huge prick through and through, and you're like "loving yikes where'd that nice redhead lady go?"

But then in the show, I find out she was a humpback?! How you get an ego like that when you grew up a humpback?

uh did you watch the whole series? because while the whole harry potter school stuff they made up whole cloth for the show didn’t really do it for me it does accomplish the purpose of setting up why yennefer is the way she is pretty clearly

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Hemingway To Go! posted:

apparently that is from the books, and the show is based on the books in general, but with odd changes djinn is found on accident in books, mages just lose fertility over time as a side effect instead of surgical womb removal, some other things that people I've seen on other threads generally don't get why they did

i’ve read the books and yeah that’s all in there, i’m talking about all the magic school training nonsense yennefer goes through

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

that’s right, sever the bond that the djinn’s wish made and then get with yennefer anyway

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't think there is such a clip

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Groovelord Neato posted:

The one ship pushing a stationary Star Destroyer is actually realistic in terms of physics because there's no friction I think.

it still has mass though

although apparently not much considering it tears through that other one like wet kleenex

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i can't tell if it's real or a joke

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

a movie about moebius, the artist, would be neat

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what planet are you living on where mentioning the last jedi was bad doesn’t cause a flash mob to descend upon you screaming rian johnson is a genius and you’re just an alt-right chud who hates women

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

well that's certainly an art style

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it looks like norman rockwell by way of otto dix

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

stephenthinkpad posted:

Wow how bad is Watchmen's number to get axed right away? And Picard has a 2nd season.

even the tick got a second season and i think i was the only person who watched it

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh oops i wouldn’t know i didn’t watch it. i know people started clamoring for a second season of good omens which was absolutely a one shot series

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

little past yoda species name chat but i'd like to contribute: "frogwai"

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it's like the phrase "cellar door"

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

:emptyquote:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Groovelord Neato posted:

I forget why they could possibly switch places shouldn't the clone always be at the output to the machine?

i think it was more debating the persistence of consciousness as in the usual sci fi teleporter fashion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wasn't it at least partially to frame up bale for the drownings