Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

counterfeitsaint posted:

Twitter was a mistake and the world would be improved if it shut down immediately.

This is delightful though and you should all watch it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LujPMRwKlXM

Like honestly it should be posted at the top of each page. This poo poo is soooo loving good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

I really liked Hellraiser: Inferno. I think it does something different with the whole concept but that fits with it as a whole. It's this psychological horror piece.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

I was half expecting, one quarter hoping the ending montage of the Space Cop doc would have Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) by the punk band Green Day would play.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

The comic series just titled "Aliens" from 1988-1989 is super good imho, it's a direct sequel to the movies.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Taintrunner posted:

Yeah that's Outbreak, Nightmare Aslyum, and Earth War. The 3rd is the weakest of the 3 imo but OB and NA are gold.

Oh dur. I have the black and white tbp of it. I liked a lot of what EW did but it did feel like they didn't know quite where to take it.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

the_enduser posted:

New season of Dark is back. I really love the soundtrack in this series lol

Show rules hard and no one watches it.

Original German only btw, the actors are really good but the english dub suuuuuuucks.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

luchajones posted:

What does he think about the teamsters?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjKB0rc3V_g

As a person in a Teamster union, it's the job with the least amount of allowable on the clock 'downtime' I've ever had.

Literal propaganda to weaken unions on a cultural level. Simpsons of course didn't invent it, but they're making a joke on it.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

PostNouveau posted:

OK

That's loving dumb

Want to know what's dumber? The Joker is playing some 11th dimensional chess by his own plan being contingent on Batman taking the print off a shattered bullet.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

PostNouveau posted:

That's one of those bits of movie magic where you don't notice and never think about hard enough to notice though. You could watch the whole film like "OK, Joker is shooting Batman with a loving rocket launcher, on the assumption that he'll survive it," and then absolutely none of the movie makes sense.

If the filmmaker can wave his hands well enough, and I don't notice the magic trick, then it's fine. Like how they switch day into night in The Dark Knight Rises by having the chase go through a tunnel.

The editing on that chase sequence and the immediate follow up stands out in the entire film for how jerky and poorly it's done. I've watched Batman Begins all of once because the fight scenes were edited in a similar way, all jump cutty so you have trouble following the action, though in BB it's shot in a sickening violent shaky cam style while also being dark and you literally can't tell what's even happening except for the punchmanns noises. Tbqh I'm not sure why that first one got so much kudos.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Hack Frauds and Very Cool please? gently caress this poo poo rules.

e: Also I watched S2 three part opening of DS9 and it struck me they did absolutely nothing with the Emissary-Heroman relation and there was a lot there they could have easily leaned on. Comes off he confides in Sisko just because he's the commander and has shown himself reasonable. Other points during the whole thing too for sure, it's unacknowledged. And at the end he sacrifices himself and they could have angled that to elevate him to like, the single most important Bajoran ever, but it's completely unexamined. Stood out to me this time for some reason.

Justin Credible fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Aug 15, 2020

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Haha of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Plz tia