Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Goodbye old thread, hello endless trash!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Mordja posted:

I liked his work in Attack the Block, but I had no idea John Boyega owned this much.

Everything he has done since has been a black hole but it's good to see him back in the land of the living.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Lazyhound posted:

should I just read the Wikipedia synopsis for the new Star Wars movie or is it worth watching

It's like the Bye Bye Man, don't think it don't say it.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

How come you don't do movie every Friday night? :(

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

The only movies I remember are Mexican Freddy, and puppet Manson, where I wished to be dead.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Not like there will be any BOTW in 2020!

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

reignofevil posted:

Actually this is something that should be coming back. The long and the short of it is my new job means I'm in bed most days by like 3 in the afternoon but on the other hand now that christmas rush is over I actually have Sunday AND saturday off again so until next November I think imma be available?

One thing I'm thinking about that was suggested during the planning phase was that I could just sleep when I normally do on friday then start the movies later on in the evening which is a possibility. Please everyone let me know what you'd think about an 11 pm EST start time on friday nights

Finally I'd really like to get a better handle on streaming. It used to be really simple but then dailymotion hosed it all up and I don't know how to write the secret code language that will make PSP-TV work with websites that aren't twitch and youtube!

Thanks all for your patience and interest! All ideas are welcome so let me know!

Later movies are fine, definitely don't screw up your sleep schedule.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

lol that's actually a really good list.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

https://twitter.com/Dataracer117/status/1212221597559345153

disney is regretting picking up star wars so much right now

"I can't loving stand how I put my life on the line for TFA and TLJ"

What?

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I actually can't believe that Favreau made The Mandalorian, like it's so much better than The Lion King and all the other Star Wars stuff, so fair play to him

I legit would like to see a second series

Favreau is good when he gives a poo poo.

Maybe we'll get some content out of this.

Edit: Also that one guy can stop being a star wars fan, now. Just like everyone else on the planet.

mallratcal fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 2, 2020

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I need the Junka now!

Jose Oquendo posted:

WSAENOTSOCK posted:
You can draw a straight line from Mr. Plinkett through Gamergate and onto the rise of the alt right and Trump.

lmao

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

A movie with a "planking" joke in 2020. Cool.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

The sure fire hit: Trolls World Tour!

Edit: The Grudge opened this weekend. I had no idea.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I would like to see Lindsay, Jenny and giant porg go on a drunken rampage in downtown wherever they live.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

It was just Dolittle's turn on the public domain list. Zorro and Tarzan are waiting in the wings.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Gripweed posted:

new Zorro could kick rear end, but I imagine they'd gently caress it up probably in the exact same way they hosed up Lone Ranger

Zorro could be fun (I loved him as a kid). I envision a gritty reboot where he's taking on the cartels. That's how they'll gently caress it up.

I would have said a Robin Hood movie but then I remembered there was once last year that no one saw.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

There have been so many King Arthur and Hercules and Robin Hood movies lately you'd think it was the 1950s again.

That last King Arthur movie lost so much money they might let that story rest for a while.

Since the '90's there has been a 3 musketeers movie once per decade, so we'll probably get another of those soon.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Paladinus posted:

Huh, I thought The Kid Who Would Be King was well received both by critics and regular movie-goers, but I guess it didn't translate into box office numbers.

I forgot all about that one and lol @ me for thinking Hollywood would learn from their bombs.

piratepilates posted:

man I can't even recall a single one of those. it blows my mind how many big movies are made, such effort put in to them, all the financing and hopes and dreams, and then released and instantly evaporates from memory.

How could you forget the song All for Love by Bryan Adams, Rod Stewart, and Sting!?

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

Does IP cost that much? Gotta do 20 public domain movies a year? Where's my gritty Jack & the Beanstalk reboot? Why haven't we had 4 Hansel & Gretel movies in the last 5 years?

Jack the Giant Slayer, baby!

PS. There is a Hansel & Gretel movie coming out this year as well.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Here's the next Hansel & Gretel, movie. But now it's Gretel & Hansel to fit the times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0rbHzxL_AA

And it comes out in gently caress You it's January.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

violent sex idiot posted:

is that the girl from the vvitch. thats pretty insanely specific typecasting

It's the girl from the IT movies.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Origami Dali posted:

gretel and hansel is directed by oz perkins, who makes actually good horror movies

I wonder what giant franchise he will be handed after this movie?

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

*Furiously checking my vagina for Gwyneth Paltrows*

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Contents!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efskcq_mqv4

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Paladinus posted:

Mike looks 5 years younger for some reason (~55). Rejuvenated by less bad Star Wars.

Probably purchased that vampire repellent from Goop.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

The threads gone too far.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

eric ciaramella posted:

I have a question related to rlm's true purpose: terrible b movies

is there a good site that tracks when these movies come out on blu ray? I love horror poo poo from the 80s/early 90s, and whenever they show a blu ray release it looks great.

blu-ray.com

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?show=comingsoon&sortby=releasetimestamp

Not just b movies but everything coming to blu on a weekly basis.

mallratcal fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 8, 2020

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Pre_Rec was fun and it's where I fell in love with Jack.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Robocop is great and Basil Poledouris made some real memorable music.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

No Mods No Masters posted:

No one has ever actually watched a jack escapist vid, any commentary on what it may contain is purely speculative

As a Jack lover I can confirm.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

No more Geoff Johns.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

LabyaMynora posted:

This thread has moved on to comic books, but I'm still jacking it daily to the hunchback titties in the Witcher. :jackbud:

Is she a hunchback because of the size of her titties?

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

The fan service is probably the biggest knock against the Mandalorian. Though now I think it would have been better with some hunchback titties, for some reason.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

The only thing I felt as fan service was Tatooine and the bar with the wanna be bounty hunter. But then I'm not that familiar with star wars.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

reignofevil posted:

I'm not watching anymore movies except this is an immediate lie if I get my way we're in fact gonna have some movies on tonight actually BECAUSE IT'S FRIDAY MOTHERFUCKERS

Wooo!

1 last thing about TJ Miller. His wife was included in the celeb hacking thing from a couple of years ago, and there is a picture of TJ, and he has no dick. :tipshat:

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Origami Dali posted:

going to the movies on an early tuesday afternoon is great

It's true. Usually the only people in the theater are ancient and the only phones they own are rotary.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Old people are as bad. I've had two old people take calls IN THE SCREEN

You should have took their photo and stolen their soul!

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

When’s the next Marvel movie anyway? I thought they were taking a breather, letting people recover and crave more spandex shenanigans

A breather in that there will only be 2 Marvel films this year.

Then 4 in 2021.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

reignofevil posted:

TECHNICALLY FRIDAY
I bet you all thought I had forgotten! Well I didn't! Instead I was asleep which could be pretty standard for this kinda thing going forward.

I have no idea how well tonight is gonna work! All the movies should be fine but I didn't check for audio issues!

MOVIE ONE

This is a movie about a korean who fought a battle when real real outnumbered! It's two hours long which surely makes up for the time I spent sleeping instead of advertising!

The Admiral was pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

luchajones posted:

So in 1917, Did he only walk like 3 miles? They didnt really give you a good since of scale on how far he had to walk.

It was the equivalent of walking down to the corner store.

I'm sensing this wasn't the movie of the year?