Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Can someone post the tweets of Woke Twitter going after Boyega?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Thank ya. I was hoping for something more juicy but that'll do.

edit: I had to go through Boyega's Twitter to find the stuff but it's loving hilarious. The "Reylo" community (I want to blow my brains out for typing that), a group that basically masturbates to the through of two cousins loving are mad because Boyega made some 'sexist' joke about it.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 1, 2020

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Nobody was expecting anything to actually happen there. And Isaac has been vocally unhappy about it. Whereas Reylo seemed like a fairly likely outcome, and everybody is still pretending that it's good actually that Rey went to a desert planet to live alone again

This isn't directed at you, but can the mods ban the word 'Reylo?' It's dumb and and makes me cringe every time I see it (much like my posting).

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

You can draw a straight line from Mr. Plinkett through Gamergate and onto the rise of the alt right and Trump.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Amazon Prime has a bunch of episodes.

As far as I know, Universal owns Columbo lock, stock, and barrel, so they could every Columbo movie up on Peacock. They won't because they're morons, but they should.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Some of my fondest childhood memories are watching Columbo with my grandma (RIP).

luchajones posted:

Quincy was WAY better than that hack Colombo

What's it like to have wrong opinions about literally everything in life.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I wasn't interested at all until the very end.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

piratepilates posted:

Kingdom Come is a great comic book that deconstructs the superhero comic genre well. It still holds up and is just as relevant 24 years later.

Alex Ross also has that cool ultra realistic look. Also he used gouache, which is pretty cool!

Alex Ross style is fine the first time you see it, but once you've seen better comic art, it's garbage. It doesn't convey action, motion, or emotion well at all. Everyone looks so goddamn stiff.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

super sweet best pal posted:

I hope Disney puts pressure on Cameron to make it go with the park and he throws a tantrum and quits.

If they still care about the lore of the park they'll probably change it up.

Or they may just not care. They did that with Star Tours. It sorta fit into SW lore but after they revamped it they stopped caring.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Daikloktos posted:

It's possible they won't care, but a big part of the return on investment for the movies (and the park itself at $400 million) is the hope that it drives people to want to make the trip and have this immersive experience. They're definitely going to want to keep it relevant. It's hard to change up too because they can't really nix the ride or have costumed Na'vi at ten feet tall, they're kind of locked in to this concept.

I looked up the Star Tours stuff and it's kind of disheartening they shoehorned in the Sequel sequences without care for the false reality they were crafting. But also lol:

The Avatar section opened in mid 2018. Right now, it's as off-peak as Disney World gets. Flight of Passage has had a 200+ minute wait time all week. I don't think they have to worry about a thing to get people in there. I doubt anyone's going to give a poo poo about the lore or any sort of continuity even when the new movies come out. It's a really well done ride, and the whole section is well themed and amazing to see. I don't give two shits about Avatar and I still enjoyed the whole experience. I suspect this is the case with a lot of visitors.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jan 19, 2020

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Your avatar and text is wild how'd you end up with that?

I posted in that thread about avatarless users. I lamented the loss of my previous one, which consisted of TLJ spoilers. I bought it the week leading up to the movie. I assume a mod removed it. I never bothered with a new one. Some random goon hooked me up I guess.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Uncut Gems: Jesus loving Christ, I have never seen anything so chaotic. I have loving anxiety now. Good movie but loving hell they perfectly captured that tipping point of a nervous breakdown.

It's the only movie I've ever seen that made me feel anxious. My heart was pounding during the last sequence of events.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

I actually know who it was and just wanted to see their explanation. :ssh: They've given a few other goons funny ones too but barely ever actually post. (It's not me)

Well tell your friend thank you.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

ADTRW is that-a-way.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Pneub posted:

Episode 1: Podracer is loving tight.

The arcade version is pretty cool. Home version not so much.

edit: And I'm still loving mad that the Star Wars Trilogy arcade game from Sega was never given a home port.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Gripweed posted:

So it's basically a workplace comedy set at A.I.M.? That sounds pretty good

DC Comics did this a couple years ago and it was bad.

edit: It was called Powerless. Had to look it up.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Weirdo posted:

Does anyone know where to find the unedited old Trek? I've been watching it on netflix and all the ships are CGI

The updated ones are the only ones they give streaming or syndicated rights to anymore.

I don’t know if the new prints have it, but when the remastered Trek released on home video, the discs had the original and remastered versions of each episode.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Rich was correct about one of his Picard predictions.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Randarkman posted:

Which one?

Agnes.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Randarkman posted:

He guessed that she was a robot right?

No. I think his prediction is that she was working for the super duper double secret Romulans.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

oohhboy posted:

I was thinking "All of the Above".

I think you're right. Maddox said something right before he died which leads me to believe you're correct.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

piratepilates posted:

Ah only 4 hours later and we're at the part that's good.

I don't believe it.

If they stripped out all the poo poo, they could probably have a decent 'getting the band back together' movie.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Rinkles posted:

I guess without the centralizing effect of internet discourse it's harder to judge public sentiment, but as best as we can tell, how did trek fans initially respond to tng? Or was it so much later than tos, that its heritage was mostly a curiosity? I mean did "trekkies" as a self-identifying group even exist pre-tng?

Trekkies absolutely existed pre-TNG. They are the reason TNG even exists, really. It was the Trekkies who got the 3rd season of TOS made, which allowed it to get into syndication, making it wildly popular. They organized all the conventions and things keeping it relevant in pop culture. That's why a new TV series, which then became TMP was made. That led to the movie franchise, and then back into TV with TNG.

My mom has a friend who is an OG trekkie. She taped all of TOS off TV back in the 80's and did the same with TNG as it aired. She loved TNG IIRC.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Feb 24, 2020

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Schweinhund posted:

It was a stage musical in the first place anyway. There's already thousands of versions of it from before and after the movie.

The stage musical is based on the Roger Corman movie.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I never joke about Roger Corman movies.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Danny McBride as the voice of the plant.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Sir Lemming posted:

Or, Danny McBride and Natalie Portman in Star Wars: The High Republic

Yes that’s the stuff.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

I don't think I've liked any of the Mission Impossible movies. They're all just like "aha, we did magic. the protagonists all have magic spy powers we didn't tell you about. aren't we smart".

What do you think it costs to parachute people in from 30,000 feet? You could definitely just buy some of these entrance wristbands off two of these 8,000 ravers for cheaper. Way less likely to catastrophically fail too.

The fight in the bathroom was cool. I was rooting for Lark; he's just so scrappy.

LMAO. We get to watch Tom Cruise actually do a HALO jump and your take away is "You know it would have been more fiscally responsible if the IMF team just purchased tickets to the event."

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

I mean, I'm not international spyman or nothing but I think my way is more likely to succeed.

Alec Baldwin just said "Good god Ethan" in the cadence he always said "Good god Lemon" on 30 Rock and it was very distracting.

Are you the guy who runs the Cinema Sins YouTube channel?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Gonna watch Strange Brew in his honor.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Gutcruncher posted:

Super cool that Black Widow finally gets her own well deserved film several years late and it exists solely to introduce a sure-to-be lamer replacement.

Shut up and consume product

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Probably related to something with Everything Is Terrible.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Holy poo poo that was good. Some amazing deep dives for that footage.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

This is what they get for letting Dave Filoni work on this. They should have kept him in his dumb cartoon sandbox.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

reignofevil posted:

Jenny has coronavirus. (She thinks)

I'm shocked that someone who spends hours every day at a theme park frequented by people all over the world would contract COVID 19.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Arbite posted:

Hell yeah, nine seasons of Perry Mason!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA9t1nSGXXE

If you're stuck in lock down, Perry Mason isn't a bad way to kill time.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

LabyaMynora posted:

I can't, I don't have fuckin' Hulu.

Like, who the gently caress subscribes to Hulu anymore?

And why is an FX show only available on Hulu?

Disney owns both.

As the content deals expire, Hulu is going to be where Disney's not kid friendly stuff goes.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

LabyaMynora posted:

I know, but Disney putting anything on Hulu at this point just seems to say, "We don't actually want anyone to watch this."

That's why they put Seth MacFarlane's fake Star Track show on there.

Hulu has 30 million subs. They offer cheap black friday deals. 2018 it was .99 a month for a year. Last year it was $2.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

super sweet best pal posted:

Wasn't Hulu Fox's thing to begin with? They're probably just trying to keep it on brand.

When it launched it was a joint venture between all the big networks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

LMAO

The Picard finale ends with Picard becoming a synthetic life form. I'm not joking.