Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

it is my happy duty to report that is now, or about to be, tyool 2020

remember the rules as laid out in the cyberpunk 2020 rpg sourcebook:

* be gay
* do crimes
* if you can do some good along the way, great

happy new year goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

it was 2020 nearly 16 hours ago where is all the cyberpunking?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

its 2019 still

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
more like cyberploft imo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

is this gonna be the new tag or do we have a better one

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
It's a little premature to assume the major themes of cyberpunk will be more prevalent in 2020.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

TimWinter posted:

It's a little premature to assume the major themes of cyberpunk will be more prevalent in 2020.

the cyber is always more and always worse which is the most cyberpunk thing

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Agile Vector posted:

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

the real world has the dystopia part of the cyberpunk genre down, so now we just need the cool parts and the neon parts

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Agile Vector posted:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i hope 2020 is the year technology finally defeats humans

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

poty posted:

i hope 2020 is the year technology finally defeats humans

I mean, I think that happened sometime in 2016.

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
less cyber, more p̸͇̬̏̒ů̸̝̝͔̮̱̫̲̺̽͒̇̈́̅͋̃̌̍̉̏͝n̵̛̛̯͉̼̩͔͌͒̓͊̀̿͗͌̿͒̏̀̕k̴̥͈̥͈̣͉̗͓͚̘̩͎̘̫͉̋̔̓̒͛͐͘
̶̟̘̂͛̎̈́̋̀̓́̅̓͆̃̋͒͒͝
̸̨̨̺̣͓̘̗̂̈̀͜

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

posting in the new thread with the relevant av

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

welp it's 2020 now

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Achmed Jones posted:

welp it's 2020 now

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
buildings, but with excessive RGB leds

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
at this point i'm basically hoping my av will become reality before the decade ends

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

same

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

same

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i think that life is worth living

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

lol

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Achmed Jones posted:

now that we're already here hell yeah

still wrong to create new life though

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
posting in the cyber future

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

this thread is dedicated to all the cyberpunks fighting injustice

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

It is incredibly cyberpunk for SA to go up in flames as soon as we hit 2020 imo.

I can't post this in QCS so i will post it here, sorry if it's inappropriate or whatever and maybe yall can direct me to a thread where it's already answered or something. What happened? I see some stuff on twitter where someone said that TERFs egged lowtax on on stream to ban trans people. And I see a bunch of trans people in my feed saying they're closing their accounts (some have been on here since 2000), but I still have zero idea what happened. I stop checking threads for a week and it feels like the whole place has gone up in flames.

Anyway back on topic here's to the future of drunk driving: flying my car into my neighbor's house.

e: poo poo that image was huger than I expected

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I’m unaware of any goings-on in the forums as I stay nice and snug inside this dead subforum

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
yeah I mostly just lurk like 8 or so very different threads so I have no idea what is happening.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

alexandriao posted:

It is incredibly cyberpunk for SA to go up in flames as soon as we hit 2020 imo.

I can't post this in QCS so i will post it here, sorry if it's inappropriate or whatever and maybe yall can direct me to a thread where it's already answered or something. What happened? I see some stuff on twitter where someone said that TERFs egged lowtax on on stream to ban trans people. And I see a bunch of trans people in my feed saying they're closing their accounts (some have been on here since 2000), but I still have zero idea what happened. I stop checking threads for a week and it feels like the whole place has gone up in flames.

Anyway back on topic here's to the future of drunk driving: flying my car into my neighbor's house.

e: poo poo that image was huger than I expected

paw through this thread in c-spam starting from about 8pm Central Time last night if you really want to know.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3908432

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

Let this be a lesson to you- don't ask the absentee owner to deal with things, they may be able to ignore you but if they're getting heckled into dealing with things externally at the same time you get to find out just how bad absentee owners are at solving problems.

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

Full disclosure I have no idea what's going on either, but if Lowtax getting harassed on twitch is somehow news then clearly the situation has been mismanaged.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

TimWinter posted:

Let this be a lesson to you- don't ask the absentee owner to deal with things, they may be able to ignore you but if they're getting heckled into dealing with things externally at the same time you get to find out just how bad absentee owners are at solving problems.

I mean, you're not wrong. I learned that first hand somewhere else when I blew up at a mod that had been picking at me for two years, I had literally approached mods about it and nobody could do anything, then the absentee owner comes in and kicks me out "for causing a fuss". The place had literally lost 10 or so people because of the person in question (I mean, it was much more probably but those were just the people that admitted it was because of that person's BS).

At some point I realised that passive moderation is a scam and active ban-hammering is... probably not a sign of good health but better than the alternative.

Does anyone else look at the date and get low-key completely freaked out. Or is that just me. Asking for a friend.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
cspam is a pit of anger, self-importance, and despair, and everybody involved in it would be happier and probably more politically engaged if the entire sub-forum were nuked from orbit

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

hi

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I want 2020 to have less punk and more cyber.

Because everything's fine.

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

C Y B E R P U N K 2 0 2 0

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Achmed Jones posted:

idk, whose life are we talkin about here?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

TimWinter posted:

C Y B E R P U N K 2 0 2 0

lmao. composite fed display? ain't loving poo poo all gonna be legible on that thing.

cosplay like it's 1981 with my cga graphics

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i had that keyboard/touchpad thing for my xbmc and it fuckin sucked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

infernal machines posted:

lmao. composite fed display? ain't loving poo poo all gonna be legible on that thing.

cosplay like it's 1981 with my cga graphics

16 colors is enough for anyone.

As is QVGA.

Hey if you're going to commit to... that... look, you might as well go the entire way.