Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Let cats murder?
Yes
No
Goku
View Results

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
Some people don't like cats that are outside, because they gently caress up the ecosystem.

I say let them murder.

What say you, GBS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I think cats as pets should be indoor but there is a need for outdoor cats in an agricultural setting.

Cats are a land of contrasts.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I keep my cats indoors but I didn't have them declawed.

My male cat loving annihilates mice every fall when they sneak into the house. Dude is a good boy.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Let them go out into an enclosed outdoor area, don't let them wander the neighbourhood randomly. Chances are they won't get to kill anything good, only a few mice, and won't get squished. Don't declaw any cats ever.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Caesar Saladin posted:

Let them go out into an enclosed outdoor area, don't let them wander the neighbourhood randomly. Chances are they won't get to kill anything good, only a few mice, and won't get squished. Don't declaw any cats ever.

I agree with this but there is an argument to be made for farm cats. Rodents are a pestilence on grains.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Locked up in a 900 sq ft building with a goon.

Death by car or coyote.

It's not even an option, OP.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Urban ecosystems are so completely screwed up that I think half the species they're eating are other invasive species

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I think cats should be illegal. Indoor, outdoor, whatever; classify em like four legged baggies of crack and do no-knock raids on suspected clowderhouses

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Also honeybees are invasive to North America and it's always really funny when people get really messed up about that

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Mus musculus ain't from round here neither

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Lots of ecosystems got hosed up by lots of things and tons and tons of species went extinct before humans ever existed. Our dumb foibles are as much a part of nature as anything else (please take this with a grain of salt obviously you humorless nincompoops)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh no my Passer domesticus!!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Streptopelia decaocto noooooo

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

the cat of the railway train

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
You could say that by and large, it was he who was in charge of the sleeping car express!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Trapping a predator in your lovely apartment/house because you want a furry toy is hosed up. At least keeping animals for eating or labor makes sense, this just stinks of inability to form normal human connections and projecting your hosed up psyche into a defenseless animal

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

My sister tried to walk one of our cats in a cat leash and it freaked out, slipped out of the vest thing and ran back inside.

I've never seen an animal hate going outside as much as I did.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

Trapping a predator in your lovely apartment/house because you want a furry toy is hosed up. At least keeping animals for eating or labor makes sense, this just stinks of inability to form normal human connections and projecting your hosed up psyche into a defenseless animal

cats actually love sleeping on couches

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
I have never encountered a thread in which I agreed with every previous post, but here I am

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Colonel Cancer posted:

Dont talk about ur mom like that

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Relayer posted:

Lots of ecosystems got hosed up by lots of things and tons and tons of species went extinct before humans ever existed. Our dumb foibles are as much a part of nature as anything else (please take this with a grain of salt obviously you humorless nincompoops)

I actually agree with this, we're just mega scaled termites

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Colonel Cancer posted:

Cats are extremely domesticated. They don't actually work like everyone thinks they do. If you don't let your dog free roam the suburbs/rural forests you shouldn't let your cat because your cat is less equiped to do that than your average dog.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Cats are extremely domesticated. They don't actually work like everyone thinks they do. If you don't let your dog free roam the suburbs/rural forests you shouldn't let your cat because your cat is less equiped to do that than your average dog.

this is actually false, dogs are domesticated like a cow is, but cats are more or less a beneficial parasite

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I mean if you don’t care about your cat sure let him be an outdoor cat but if you want your cat to live five plus years longer, and be healthier then do what people who actually care about their cat does, keep it inside

I’m not even sure why there’s a debate about this I guess a lot of lovely pet owners are having a hard time coming to terms they’re lovely pet owners

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
I have an opinion about this

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Growing up I lived next to a giant field, and our cat Tarantula would go out every morning, and then come back every evening, having added just poo poo loads of mouse corpses to the yard, usually in a particular little area of skullfield. Also she would put grasshoppers into any unmonitored coffee cup

Some cats love to just relentlessly kill

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

My cat used to go outdoors but she’s 18 now and we’ve moved to a new area with wild badgers and foxes and poo poo so she’s retired from going outside now

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Colonel Cancer posted:

I like to imagine my cats are slowly going insane.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
my cats kill vermin. Rats get into the chick brooder and eat them. Mice gnaw into my livestock feed bags, and poo poo behind my fridge. Moles gently caress up my lawn. the cats are my measure of reciprocity

they sleep in the barn hay loft or the basement, if the weather is bad. they are all spayed/neutered. they like humans but don't always like each other

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My current buddy does not go outside, never has, but when I wash him he's kind of a weenie about it. However, on the rare circumstances that you had to wash tarantula, usually because she'd been out rolling in something that might have chemicals on it, it was like trying to wash an angry dune buggy. That loving cat was so strong

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Pick posted:

Some cats love to just relentlessly kill

Yukon King :unsmith:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Pick posted:

My current buddy does not go outside, never has, but when I wash him he's kind of a weenie about it. However, on the rare circumstances that you had to wash tarantula, usually because she'd been out rolling in something that might have chemicals on it, it was like trying to wash an angry dune buggy. That loving cat was so strong

Is it because of the test and d-bol in his diet

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I love picking up my cat and having her slurp a moth off the wall, its like a teamkill.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That said, my indoor cat bazooka does love to catch flies, and I love him catching flies

One time a mouse got in the house as well, but I only know that because he immediately killed it and he looked incredibly proud of himself

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

my parents have a cat and its just fat as heck, couldn't kill poo poo

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
What ate birds in America before cats

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
I think our shared love of killing is why people get along so well with cats

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think it's fun sometimes to hang a little bit of raw beef out of my mouth for my cat because he won't do it, he looks at me and is like... gross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Colonel Cancer posted:

Pretty sure cats love having a bipedal slave that cleans up their waste and gives them food for doing nothing