Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«25 »
Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

Argue posted:

hey adora

Sweet Catra (Ketra?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

Yam Slacker

nudalBrains
Feb 1, 2009

Iíve had an art drought for about more than 6-ish years. Between depression and my dog destroying my Wacom tablet, I gave up. BUT Iím getting the hang of procreate and just drawing things that I am genuinely happy with.

Battle pet from WoW

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Here's some unsolicited advice on this drawing -- there are some places where you can fix tangencies:

I did a rough drawover to show how I'd fix those spots:

nudalBrains
Feb 1, 2009

Neon Noodle posted:

Here's some unsolicited advice on this drawing -- there are some places where you can fix tangencies:

I did a rough drawover to show how I'd fix those spots:

Thanks! Iíll keep tweaking it some more.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

Yam Slacker

The brainworms got me again.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.

Clapping Larry

On today's menu we got self-indulgent art in two fantastic flavours.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

happy flat gently caress friday!!

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

My new art-persona is Goblin pin-up drawing weeb.

Hellbeard fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 23, 2020

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

So uh I haven't drawn in several months or so. Luckily I rediscovered a big book of reptiles that I got ages back.

Still getting used to digital along with working on the basics. Turns out gesture is extremely hard to do on a winding snake. Other than that, was mostly working on breaking things down to basic shapes to try and get proportions right, to varying degrees of success. Also probably need to tune my brush settings a bit more.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

My nephew drew a really good flamingo for school and it made me want to draw one as well.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Everyone's doing it on Twitter

(#sailormoonredraw, where you redraw this image)
Took no small amount of effort to get back to this after losing a lot of work to a blackout

Angrymog
Jan 29, 2012

Really Madcats

Argue posted:

Took no small amount of effort to get back to this after losing a lot of work to a blackout

Good job. Sucks losing work to a powercut. If the power is flakey were you are, look at getting a small UPS? It'll level out any wobbles in the supply, and give you time to save and shutdown in the case of a real power cut.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Yeah... first thing I did this morning was find a UPS online, then open Clip Studio and set autosave to 5 minute intervals.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

Yam Slacker

Late night quickie

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

Here's a wip I've been playing with for the last couple weeks. Mostly I'm just posting because I'm super excited about the new drawing tablet I ordered. Its a Huion Kamvas 13 pro! I've never had a tablet with display so I can't wait to start playing with it.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Clear off, fatso, this is a respectable establishment

Fallen Rib

Johnny-on-the-Spot posted:

Here's a wip I've been playing with for the last couple weeks. Mostly I'm just posting because I'm super excited about the new drawing tablet I ordered. Its a Huion Kamvas 13 pro! I've never had a tablet with display so I can't wait to start playing with it.

I love eeeverything about this. I would put that on my wall.

Been following watercolour tutorials. I have the worst time keeping the paper wet but I've got myself a spritzer thingie now so we'll see how it goes.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

The shimmer/pearl effect on that is really nice, I thought it was a photo of paper with pearlescent ink at first.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

I'm working on these drawings rn

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

The goblin pinup series is a fun idea

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

Morbid Hound

Johnny-on-the-Spot posted:

That's real pretty.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

All must suffer to become pure.

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

Morbid Hound

Argue posted:

I really like this. The lighting looks great and the hair's got a real sense of weight to it.

Here is a work in progress, I struggle a lot with color so any tips would be appreciated:

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

I like how it came out (for now).
I sketched from a photo of famous actress Karen Gillan. I liked the pose and wanted to use it with some alteration. So I made a new sketch that was based on the previous sketch and then started working from there.
I think I wanted to do a light, watercolor like drawing with not-heavy outlines. I decided to do it differently pretty soon after laying down the first colors though...

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Clear off, fatso, this is a respectable establishment

Fallen Rib

Forgot to take the masking tape off before taking photo, whoops

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend

Crabs and staches.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Imaginary Friend posted:

Crabs and staches.

I love the colors in this

The Moon
Jun 8, 2006
In Space

Hellbeard posted:

I like how it came out (for now).
I sketched from a photo of famous actress Karen Gillan. I liked the pose and wanted to use it with some alteration. So I made a new sketch that was based on the previous sketch and then started working from there.
I think I wanted to do a light, watercolor like drawing with not-heavy outlines. I decided to do it differently pretty soon after laying down the first colors though...

Hey! I really like how your Goblin Gal turned out, very cute! I dig the tattoos and background and everything. I thought I could offer a slight criticism, I feel that her face is too small and squished to our left.
I lassoed her face in Photoshop and enlarged it a bit to show you. I think it feels more natural, though it did lose a little bit of the pudginess of the original. Hope this helps!

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

Morbid Hound

Added more details and color. Far from finished obviously but it feels like it's moving in the right direction.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

Hey you gonna take guest artists for you endless Goblin Pinup calendar?

Asking for a friend

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Hey you gonna take guest artists for you endless Goblin Pinup calendar?

Asking for a friend

I'm being informed it's gay.
So yes.

perc2
May 16, 2020

been getting into painting with a pixel brush recently, this is a 1hr-ish study. start with a small 350px canvas and then size it up at the end. i really like the control a small canvas gives you + the aesthetics

perc2
May 16, 2020

Hellbeard posted:

here it is

It's awesome! My only thing is from a compositional point of view - the canvas is square, and the character is crammed in there especially at the top, which feels suffocating. It would have been better to extend the canvas upwards to give some breathing room and cut off the left side with the skeleton; since you've given too much focus to it by having it occupy that negative space.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Drawni

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

Morbid Hound

Experimenting with colors

Walks
Sep 11, 2006

After falling off the art bandwagon 20ish years ago, dabbled in some super basic animation in clip studio, synced to music. Heres a small gif of it:

Finished the 45ish second animatic yesterday before sleeping. Took 3 days of messing around. Got a long way to go, but I am really enjoying the process and want to learn more.

Any tips, advice, criticism would be great!
(edit) welp, as soon as I post something I see some things I messed up on already.

Walks fucked around with this message at 04:29 on May 28, 2020

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

More stuff

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
Squirts ink when provoked

I've been on vacation and have been drawing emotionally distressed animals lately.

And bonus late night sketch of when I was loving around with a fantasy reference drawing and decided to turn it into Reviewbrah wearing his hair cutting kimono:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Drew a flat gently caress.

«25 »