Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Shazham!

Quick lil doodle from yesterday.

Been feelin real fuckin down, depressed, and completely uninspired lately. Gonna try forcing myself to be creative to see if I can at least partially claw my way out of this hole of despair I've been in for months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
I know that feel.

Here's a WIP:

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Forgot to post yesterday:

Walks
Sep 11, 2006

:dukedog:
Completed one for once. Long ways to go still, but learned a lot from it.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Another double feature:

Had a weird dream today where I had turned into a lady vampire.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
Agent Hellbeard reporting in:

and GIF:

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
some golem concepts

Saturniid19
Aug 1, 2006
brought to you by North Central Positronics
Relatively quick sketch, nice to go back to black and white after slogging through color rendering.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Original Content

and:

Hellbeard fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jan 24, 2021

CobwebMustardseed
Apr 8, 2011

And some said he would just be a shell of his former self upon his return.
Been playing a lot of Pokémon: Let's Go Pikachu in quarantine.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Saturniid19 posted:

Relatively quick sketch, nice to go back to black and white after slogging through color rendering.

Nice work!

Always amazed when a small sketch is blown up - even in my own work - and I can see every little mark. Gotta get used to going from a small drawing to a digital painting. Just can't seem to make that leap.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Couldn't get that vampire drawing I made before out of my head, so I decided to make a vampiresona. Why the hell not???

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

update:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
shoutout to sa goon Lurdiak, who idly shitposted in the phoenix wright thread a few years ago that they wanted harvey dent to be a prosecutor--the idea's been percolating in my head ever since and now it's my turn to shitpost about it

https://twitter.com/cmarguel/status/1353704489098743809

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010

Don't take this the wrong way Shinmera, but I would like to see you draw something that is different from your usual repertoire. You obviously have your style down and can do that well but I still remember your calendar from last(I think) year with the different environments. With those it felt like you were going a bit more outside your comfort zone and they were really pretty!

:)

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Claeaus posted:

Don't take this the wrong way Shinmera, but I would like to see you draw something that is different from your usual repertoire. You obviously have your style down and can do that well but I still remember your calendar from last(I think) year with the different environments. With those it felt like you were going a bit more outside your comfort zone and they were really pretty!

:)

Sorry, still drawin' more vampires.

I do have another calendar planned, so don't worry, I'll be doing that kinda stuff too, soon.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Finally got stuff worth sharing.

Working on a follow-up/companion piece to my crab circus poster.

The shrimp's freakshow.

Shrimp have super weird mouths. Trying to find decent references of shrimp online has been a bit of a task. It's easy enough to find profile views of shrimp, but there are very few isometric views, so I've had to just kinda extrapolate what the hell they look like.

First really solid iteration:

Playing around with conté

Still need to really develop a visual shorthand for shrimp anatomy, but it's coming along nicely. Need to figure out how to anthropomorphicize them to some degree, so they're less alien and terrifying looking. I want it too look friendly, but still strangely unsettling.

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

Persis Khambatta

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Still more vampires. Sorry.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

^^^ that's nice
Here's an update on my drawing

edit: also-

Hellbeard fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jan 28, 2021

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Thank you!

Vampires still continue:

Saturniid19
Aug 1, 2006
brought to you by North Central Positronics
Tem

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Ta daaa:

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

oh no!

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

content:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

https://twitter.com/cmarguel/status/1355441142276386816

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

We both drew an ant guy at the same time?
Telepathy = confirmed.
(also, cool drawing)

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Feeling the funk, maybe I'll go back to studies and just sketches for a while.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Too Face

(annoys me now seeing the ballpoint impression from another page...ugh)

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

sigma 6 posted:

(annoys me now seeing the ballpoint impression from another page...ugh)

Seeing it makes me wonder if it could be done deliberately to impose a pattern on something. It'd require a lot of foresight and planning to compose something like that but it'd be neat.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Scifi wizard pig is trying to sell/conjure a heart for Space Skeleton.

Quit smoking (again!) yesterday, so I'm 36 hours into everything and using art as a distraction from the withdrawal symptoms. There's a new clarity to my thought process, but it's currently clouded by mania from withdrawal.

Started drawing a smoking skull and a semi-anatomical heart, and just sorta ran with the whole thing in an impulsive sort of manner.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Drew an oooold character again for once. Hadn't drawn her since 2018!

dog nougat posted:

Quit smoking (again!) yesterday, so I'm 36 hours into everything and using art as a distraction from the withdrawal symptoms. There's a new clarity to my thought process, but it's currently clouded by mania from withdrawal.

Started drawing a smoking skull and a semi-anatomical heart, and just sorta ran with the whole thing in an impulsive sort of manner.

Best of luck! You can do this!

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

Azza Bamboo posted:

Seeing it makes me wonder if it could be done deliberately to impose a pattern on something. It'd require a lot of foresight and planning to compose something like that but it'd be neat.

I've been taught that's an art hack for doing deep wrinkles for pencil portraits. Draw a strong line and erase it, then shade over it and the graphite won't quite reach into the original crevice.

By accident, I discovered the technique on this drawing years ago. Maybe you can see on the wrinkles on the bow by what I mean.

Good on you for quit smoking dog nougat! If you don't mind some unsolicited advice, try different exercises and/or anything out of your normal habits to keep yourself busy.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

dog nougat posted:

Scifi wizard pig is trying to sell/conjure a heart for Space Skeleton.

I recommend Allen Carre easy way it really worked for me I acquired a DVD that sort of gave me a new way to think about smoking that made it, like the system name, easy.
(it was 9 years ago, part of the trick is not to be tempted to smoke just one or take a drag) You're mostly past the largest hurdle by now.

Anyway, here's my drawings from today.

Just loosening up, trying to find my way to just sketch and not get too bogged down

Phoenix Wright 40k Gamestonk mashup

self portrait-

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Shorter piece; been trying to come up with a brush that makes it easier for me to make nice textured graphic shapes.

https://twitter.com/cmarguel/status/1356644348213911552

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Gonna do a quick lil painting of this cutie. Waiting on gesso to dry on the canvas rn.

Thanks for all the support y'all. On day 3 of quitting smoking. It's still hard, but it's getting easier. :stoked:

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Keep it up!

Some more vampire stuff

And a 20 minute quick sketch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Made some progress on this lil guy before my friend came over to drop some things off. Kinda forgot how to work with paint and make stupid extra work for myself. Like somehow I didn't think to lay down a light or midtone first and just dumped a shitload of black paint down. Not unfixable, but gonna be a pain in the rear end to get right.