Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Giving animation a shot this week.
https://twitter.com/_Schir_/status/1392927538406514690

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Resurrected an old one-off design.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Some incredible work the last few pages. It really is a privilege to watch everyone improve and explore.

Today I bought a rock painting kit for two pound fifty and I'm actually tickled by the result. I thought it'd be lovely paint but the only crap thing in there was the paintbrush to be honest.

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010
Some spider-thing:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Claeaus posted:

Some spider-thing:

:stare:

The smoothness of its alien-head body is somehow quite upsetting to me, an arachnophobe. Good job!

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010
Thanks! Happy to be able to upset you!

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Did some sketches, been a long time since I used pencil and paper instead of a tablet. All referenced from photos, with an effort not to try to exactly copy it but I guess go for a more exagerrated/comic-book style? I'm pretty pleased with how they came out but would love to hear opinions from others!

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
I really like your sketches Lemon!

This one in particular! I think it captures the exaggerated proportions while still looking like a real person. And the sharp angles or the ear, nose, cheek bone, and chin really pull together the exaggerated look!

I think the only real issue I find is, some of your sketches look to have wonky issues, where it look as if I'm looking at the faces put together from different angles, or an extreme close up with a fish eye lens.

Like so, but in my opinion it works! All in all, I love your work and hope you don't mind my thoughts.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

HopperUK posted:

Some incredible work the last few pages. It really is a privilege to watch everyone improve and explore.

Today I bought a rock painting kit for two pound fifty and I'm actually tickled by the result. I thought it'd be lovely paint but the only crap thing in there was the paintbrush to be honest.

Is that from The Works? I saw them when I was in there a couple of weeks ago.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Angrymog posted:

Is that from The Works? I saw them when I was in there a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah! Two for five quid, on the website too. The stuff is cheap but I had a good time.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Good work y'all!

Been pretty underproductive lately and wasn't super happy with the direction the shrimp poster was going, so put that on the back burner for the time being.

Found some tiny little picture frames the other day and decided I need to do a series of mini naval portrait paintings.

Here's my first rough draft/proof of concept for a naval hotdog

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Well, since the new trailer for Kandria is finally out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf9Z4MPBbfc

I thought I might as well post the artwork I made for the opening cinematic as well. Warning, huge:

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010

Shinmera posted:

I thought I might as well post the artwork I made for the opening cinematic as well. Warning, huge:

Very nice! It's obvious you have improved as an artist which is great fun to see!

drat, I don't know if I could critique this even if I tried. The feet look maybe a little teeny bit flat? But that's really nitpicking. How long does one of these take?

Watching Hateful Eight while drawing a scene from Hateful Eight. ~2 hours.

Claeaus fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 19, 2021

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Ayy, Hateful Eight is great, I should rewatch it sometime.

Continuing this year's calendar: May

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

Claeaus posted:

drat, I don't know if I could critique this even if I tried. The feet look maybe a little teeny bit flat? But that's really nitpicking. How long does one of these take?

Thanks! You've been making really nice progress as well. That one took a bit longer than usual, maybe 15 hours of work in total.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Like the light glow here!

Another bird. I like garden birds. This is a Eurasian bullfinch.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Quick half-drunk study on puckered hotdog lips/kisses

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

HopperUK posted:

Like the light glow here!

Another bird. I like garden birds. This is a Eurasian bullfinch.

I like your watercolour birds. I should paint more.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

I like your watercolour birds. I should paint more.

Thank you! I'm really enjoying them.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Some quick freehand sketches.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

In awe at the absolute size of this lady

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

June

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Love that lil nubbin of atmospheric glow. Really helps to establish the scene.

Here's a quick lil 30-ish min doodle I did at work today.

Hillbilly hotdog (redux)

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

dog nougat posted:

Love that lil nubbin of atmospheric glow. Really helps to establish the scene.
I thought the same! Just gorgeous, such a simple thing to add so much life and depth. Nice one Shinmera.

dog nougat posted:

Here's a quick lil 30-ish min doodle I did at work today.

Hillbilly hotdog (redux)

Would the bun be his shirt in this case? Love it. Full of character.

I am sick as hell and have only been messing around whenever I surface enough to use my brain at all.

Rock dragon. I like painting on rocks.

Splooshing watercolour around. Man having nice paper and nice paints makes this kind of thing so much easier.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

See if there's a $Placename Rocks site on facebook for your area - it's basically a thing where people 'hide' painted rocks in an area and share any they find.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Angrymog posted:

See if there's a $Placename Rocks site on facebook for your area - it's basically a thing where people 'hide' painted rocks in an area and share any they find.

I will look into this, cheers.

e: there is one! Excellent. Going to leave em about.

e2: I know it's not really a drawing but I made a dopey little dragon and it was good times and I'm pleased. I had a rock that looked like an egg and I thought, why not.

HopperUK fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 26, 2021

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010
Just drawing randomly until it started to look like something and then went with it.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

HopperUK posted:

Splooshing watercolour around. Man having nice paper and nice paints makes this kind of thing so much easier.

You can paint anything on anything, but watercolour really does benefit from good quality cotton paper. It really makes it easier to learn when you aren't fighting with inconsistent materials.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

You can paint anything on anything, but watercolour really does benefit from good quality cotton paper. It really makes it easier to learn when you aren't fighting with inconsistent materials.

Yeah, I really notice that! Using basic watercolour paper is fine for basics but I got myself 20 sheets of Hahnemuhle cotton paper and it's a different world.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

HopperUK posted:

Would the bun be his shirt in this case? Love it. Full of character.

Thanks! Yeah, the bun is essentially a garment for a hotdog, like a jacket or probably in the case of the hillbilly hotdog: a sleevless unbuttoned shirt. My head-canon is that hotdogs don't really wear clothes unless it's funny or amusing for them to do so.

Non-hotdog art:

Got reminded of this sweet lil octopus archeologist that I drew a few months back today.

Did a quick lil version of it again today at work, but got busy, so didn't get to do much detail unfortunately.

Edit: I guess it is tangentially hotdog related as the skeleton is holding a fossilized hotdog

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 07:47 on May 28, 2021

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

HopperUK posted:

Yeah, I really notice that! Using basic watercolour paper is fine for basics but I got myself 20 sheets of Hahnemuhle cotton paper and it's a different world.
Truth. But if you want something that works on any heavy paper, gouache is more forgiving about what surfaces it works on.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Neon Noodle posted:

Truth. But if you want something that works on any heavy paper, gouache is more forgiving about what surfaces it works on.

I have recently begun messing with gouache and it's a lot of fun. More forgiving in general.

dog nougat, I love that little guy. I wonder if he's looking at the skeleton all upset because what kind of eldritch creature is this, what the gently caress are 'bones'.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Thanks all for the kind words!

Initially just wanted to draw a hakama, and it morphed into this? Idk.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

First share. I don't know if this is a cool place to share unrefined non-drawings/doodles art.
I made a thing to practice. I like the thing.
Enjoy.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

July

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

My first attempt at hyperrealism. Painted using the DAUB pigmento and bristle blender brushes in Clip Studio Paint. The pores of the skin were added using a spray brush on a separate layer @ 75% opacity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Wow NAG, gorgeous! Her hair is astonishing.

bulletsponge13 posted:

First share. I don't know if this is a cool place to share unrefined non-drawings/doodles art.
I made a thing to practice. I like the thing.
Enjoy.

I like that thing also. It is nice. This is the correct place indeed. I really like the look of text as background.