Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Sharpest Crayon posted:

edited to add:
I wanted to make my own Penitentsona.

Blasphemous is a great action-platformer with a blood, pain, body-horror and religious guilt aesthetic that's really refreshing to see. The Penitent One is your character and I saw others draw Penitentsonas and here we are.

That little wingy baby he's swinging is perfection itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

These look like illustrations in a novel, I absolutely love them.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I'm really enjoying making tiny weeny Bob Rosses with cheap crappy paints. Soon I shall attempt to make a large Bob Ross with nicer paints.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

lofi posted:

That looks really good! I've never tried to Bob, I should give it a shot at some point. Also:

DO IT it's so fun. And Bob is very encouraging. I spent less than ten bucks on everything I used to make that.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I'm gonna keep doing these till I get bored of em

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Medenmath posted:

I LOVE the pink sky in this.

Thank you! It came about half by accident which is the best way I reckon

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Medenmath posted:

I like it!

By request:

Technically this is acrylic gouache, not watercolor. Not really sure how I'm supposed to use this but diluting it and pretending it was normal watercolor seemed to go okay. I need more sizes of brushes is the main lesson I learned today.

Oooo I loved it without colour but that looks nice too.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Franchescanado posted:

I needed to flex some art muscles, so I went out and did to some ink-to-paper drawings.

Used a brush pen and a .2 pen.

I love these! So much life and character.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Xanderkish posted:

I was helping build a web scraper the other day, and they used the term "spiderslug", so I was inspired to try my own rendition of it.

Drawing mashups of animals is hard. In addition to questions about where to place certain things (where would spider legs go on a slug?), it feels like a whole new hurdle just trying to learn the parts of a new animal and recreate them.

Also sometimes I wonder if I spend too much time trying to do details. This took me about an hour to draw. I wonder if trying to go for something more stylized would save me some pen-strokes and/or make something I feel more satisfied with.

AAAAAAHHHHHHH

Oh god what have you done I hate it

(very good)

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Anyway guess what, guess what, cyberpunk forever.

Tired nurse on her break. She's so done with this bullshit.

I love the expression on her face. Her eyebrows are extremely over the whole thing.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

bones 4 beginners posted:

Lotta good stuff in this thread. I just went through it from the beginning and it was real neat seeing everyone's takes on the fruits and pokemon. Hoping I can be disciplined enough to join in next month's pantry drawings. What'll you call it? Drawrch?

I've been in the process of moving for like a month straight and then took more time getting situated. And more time telling myself 'I'll get back into drawing tomorrow...' But I'm really going to try as I have plans to go back to school and I don't want to go into that all rusty when I've had all this time to practice. Here's the last thing I finished, a gummi bear pattern I made back in December.

I've never made a pattern before and I probably did it the most difficult way possible. Now there are parts I'd like to touch up but when I open the file there is just this jenga tower of layers where I'm certain changing one detail will kill everything. Also never really could decide what color background to give it.

It's adorable! I like it. Just make a copy and fiddle with that if you're worried :)

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Argue posted:

Edit: ... I just realized I put six fingers on the right hand... gently caress my life

There's a very annoyed Spaniard looking for this guy.

I got paint everywhere doing this but it was worth.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

The Halogens posted:

This is as far as I got with the piece on my last post before getting bored of it and moving on:

I saw the thumbnail and thought 'aw what a good owl' and then I clicked and AAAH

The talons and the relative blank serenity of the owl's face are very good imo. And I like the little stair going around the tower in the back.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I like the little door to the owl's left. I know it's an owl face but I can't help but see the beak as an open mouth.

I'm afraid I can't do that as it would just make too much sense.

First pantry project thing.

Love the colours in this! Also singing guitar bird seems to have teeth which is upsetting.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I could work on this for another hour but I dun wanna, it's done.

There's so much in this to love but for some reason my favourite thing is the traffic whooshes. I adore traffic whooshes.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Here's mine for today! I really need to move to bigger canvases so I can use bigger brushes.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Keetron posted:

Nice prompt lists, March is starting slow for me as a just spend a few days in Zurich and about half that time on the train. Did far less drawing and painting than I thought. I think if I want to do more, I should a) leave my wife at home and b) go in summer.

This is my favourite one! The perspective and subject and colours are all v nice.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Shinmera posted:

Didn't know what to draw tonight so I fell back onto my old crutch of drawing Touhou.

Girl in red on the left is a big mood right now. Love that style.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I frickin love these. Have you drawn Yamper or Boltund?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

This made me google 'koffing bong' to see if real ones existed(they do) and revealed to me that this is an actual pokemon in the new game.

Pantry day 3

Hey it's that peanut guy who died! F.

I like this series, it's a neat little idea.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Yaaaaaaaay :neckbeard:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Amazing work all! Loving it.

Must be the weekend if I'm getting paint everywhere. Today I mostly applied a thin even coat of liquid white to my desk and my hands. But a painting happened anyway!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I don't know you, you don't know me, but we're friends now. :hfive:

I made kitty.

THAT HAIR. Gorgeous!!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Is it bad that the main thing I noticed was how comfy that cable-knit sweater probably is? Nice.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Angrymog posted:

Art dump time!

People on the Discord have seen some of these before, but since I just scanned them, here they are again.

March spring themed pictures

Tulips done with Sennellier pan water colours

Oh what I love this!! I would frame this and put it on my desk. The sun looks so nice! Is that just a ring of white left unpainted and the sun painted in light yellow in the middle? The sun is a chore to me. ...so are watercolours tbh but I do try sometimes.

Today's Bob Ross is only so-so. I enjoyed doing it but the knife technique for mountains doesn't work on these tiny canvases so I had to improvise. And then I couldn't nail the right thin-ness of paint to get the highlights to stick. And the clouds are all stupid. Still my mum says she likes it so :shrug:

if anyone asks I'll tell them it's impressionistic that'll get me out of it

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

my buddy Superfly posted:

I love the tulips!!

I forgot to say. I love the linework on these. I'm a big fan of a well-placed squiggle. Also the shading on the doggos is *mwah*

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Angrymog posted:

Basically, though I lifted too much from the edges and not enough from the middle - this paper really seems best for one or two washes and done rather than working into things a lot, despite being 100% cotton. Also it doesn't like being masked.

I don't know if you can go back into it at all, but I'd carry the big cloud to the left a bit more so that it's also visible on the left hand side of that tree.

Yeah - I'm gonna wait till it dries (so like, Wednesday) and go for a redo on the clouds, with that as priority one. I didn't notice until I had already put everything away and I was too fed up with it to fix it in the moment.:)

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Angrymog posted:

And I thought watercolours were a pain for taking ages to dry. And you can't even hairdryer oils.

At least three days, I'm finding! I'm off work this week, if I do one of these every day I have no idea where I'm going to put them all :D

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Loving the last three posts!

Here's today's seascape. I finally got odourless paint thinner so I can stop gassing my poor cat with white spirit fumes. Also white spirit was eating my brushes.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Ears reflect light weird and are difficult.

Aaah why are ears so weird, I never thought about this before. These are great.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Keetron posted:

my house

Only one wheely bin, you can't be from round here.

...that's really nice. The wobbliness of some of the lines gives it a really good feeling.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Shinmera posted:

What is this discord people have been talking about lately? Did I miss something?

Felt depressed tonight.

I'm sorry to hear that but I love that second picture. Their hair looks incredible.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Augh acrylics are so different from oils. What is anything.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

que sera sera posted:

yeah acrylics kinda feel like bullshit compared to the smooth luxury of oils. although scumbling rules and i will scumble all day with the best of them.

Right? On the other hand I didn't gas myself with solvent fumes and it's dry already which feels insane.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Fish Noise posted:

oh hey I just mentioned this elsewhere but keep a little fine mist spray bottle on hand to keep paint on your palette from developing a dried skin on the surface

Noted thank you! I did notice this trying to happen.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Ugh terrible photo, the light was bouncing around. Had some real trouble with mud-mixing in this one but it looks all right for a tiny canvas. The sky's nice.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Shinmera posted:

Tonight's daily. Still playing around with that brush, I guess.

Love this! I like the wind catching the hood of her sweater.

Also love the cerberus up there, always up for a cerberus. Good boys.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Hellbeard posted:

Did a bit of work

*returns to hole*

Wow! Loving everything about this

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Thundercats are go!

Some solid ear-fur game going on here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Zonko_T.M. posted:

I am really loving this series.

I saw a black vulture, a king vulture and a turkey vulture at a bird show last weekend and fell in love, so I sat down to sketch some, starting with turkey vultures. I got some neat recycled paper and new art supplies from some friends, so I took them for a spin.

I

What did you use to make these? Pastels? They look great.