Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

For the record I do not have a foot fetish.
So this past month I've been trying my hand at digital painting.

I started with a painting from reference with the close up on the left. Then I did a full body without any direct references. I was trying to figure out how I can use the most minimal rough shading I can while still being able to communicate the form and get a decent amount of detail. As a bonus I had to figure out how to match the perspective of the original reference.

How did I do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

HopperUK posted:

I think the proportions of the full figure are a bit askew but honestly I think this is really nice. The shadows read beautifully. I'm a big fan of 'use a few marks to suggest more' and I love his face and hair. Very good!

Thanks! Do you mind elaborating in what way it seems a bit askew?

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

Love this!

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

bones 4 beginners posted:

In my high school art class, my teacher always got on my case for drawing monsters and at the time I was like yeah whatever I'm going to draw monsters. But now I appreciate his guidance because I don't know how to draw anything else. So I found this guy on youtube and have been following his speedpaints of environments at half speed and it's very helpful. I really never draw landscapes or environments, but he has a lot of videos to study after so that's good. And it's a great resource for any other olds like me who look at other tutorial videos that are doing all kind of crazy poo poo with layers and selections and whatever else and feel overwhelmed.

I mean if you're just drawing for your own pleasure, then why waste time drawing something you don't want to? And if that means 10 years later you want to draw a tree and you still don't know how to, at least know you're learning how to draw a tree with the intention of actually drawing it rather than because you "have to learn it". -

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

Hellbeard posted:

Some days it feels like everything sucks.

This doesnt though!

I'm finding this kind of stuff much more compelling than your busty goblin series, personally.

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

I don't have any tips but the texture is fantastic, imo keep it.

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

Here's my first ever "finished piece" I guess. Part of hopefully a series inspired by random images my brain conjures up as I fall asleep.

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

I've never listened to Aphex Twin or seen any of their music videos so I don't know how to take that.

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

Echoing that I absolutely love this!

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

Imaginary Friend posted:

Some really nice drawings in here! Need to get back into the groove myself. Here's the few sketches I've managed to draw this year >_<

I LOVE these. I would love to play an rpg filled with these characters.

Johnny-on-the-Spot posted:

My friends and I are going to be running a Star Trek Adventures game soon, and I couldn't stop myself from making portraits and character tokens for my players!

These are so so GOOD.

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

smallmouth posted:

I tried doing a value painting with a color layer. I’m not sure this is the workflow for me.

I like this a lot! I tried this workflow once but I just couldn't get it to work. Mind explaining your process?

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

Shinmera posted:

Here's a blind art trade I did with some fellows here.

These are just so good, especially love the little kid getting shoved

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

Tall vampire lady is not even 9ft tall??

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

sigma 6 posted:

Is plural of Krampus Krampii??

Krampi, Krampii if the singular if Krampius.

Excellent Krampus though

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

Shinmera posted:

I'm finally on holidays, and I'm intending on using these two weeks to start my daily drawing back up!

Sketch #1: Venus from GAA2

Really cool to see you doing different line styles!

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

I don't think that's right? The phases of the moon are independent of what time of day it is.

bltzn fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Sep 16, 2021

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

dupersaurus posted:

tldr The lit side of the moon points to the sun, so with a thin crescent like that, the sun would be close by just off frame

The phases are independent, but where the moon is relative to a location on earth at a specific phase is not. A new moon is -- by nature -- only "visible" during the day (it's directly between Earth and Sun), a full moon is only visible at night, and everything between is a sliding scale.

Ah, right. I get it.

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

Love it! The only thing I have to say is that I feel it could use a level adjustment. The pure whites kind of clash with the overall dark moodiness of the image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

Shinmera posted:

I can't tell if you're being snarky or not

In any case, finally felt like drawing again.

But I hated that one, so I did another.

I'm loving these lines.