Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Sometimes you just gotta draw a giant blue naked guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Thread's marked NWS already, you can post the blue dick! Hooray!

I literally can’t. There’s nothing behind the pixelation.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Hellbeard posted:

Did a bit of work

*returns to hole*

That's fantastic! Just one thing seemed a bit off (maybe intentionally), so I tried rotating the lady's eyes just a tiny bit:

I think it lines up a bit better with the angle.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Hellbeard posted:

Anyway
Here is the revised drawing thanks very much for the critique please do it again so I can improve the drawing more (or the next one at least)

Only thing I noticed was that the proportions of the face and head seemed a little bit off. Her face seems like it's a bit high up and squished to the left and the back of her head seems a bit too far away. I fiddled with it a bit and came up with this:

I just moved her face a bit down and to the right and widened it out a bit, then tucked the back of her head in a bit.

And looking at it now, the glasses no longer line up, but you get the idea.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Cory Parsnipson posted:

n00b question--how did you decide where to put the horizon line? Your critique about the back leg made wonder how you knew it was floating in the air.

You should figure out where your horizon line is before you draw much of anything. Maybe a loose sketch. But you should figure out where you want your point of view to be as part of the initial conceptualizing. Something like “low angle=empowering=horizon line lower on the page” or something.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Maybe check the mode and opacity on your brush?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Trying to get back into doing some art after stopping for a while because...you know... *gestures to everything in the whole world*

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I thought she was super drunk with wobblelegs for a moment there.

Given the description of the character on Reddit, that's 100% likely.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Going for something a bit different, trying to ape a kind of pseudo-Disney style:

Still more Not Another D&D Podcast fan art, though. I'm not sure why, it just gets my creative dander up.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
A friend asked me to do this for them:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
An important message!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Looking for a bit of critique, here. Let me know if I've made any dumb anatomy or composition gaffs or anything.

Thanks!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Yes! That's that good critiquing that I need!

How's this?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Argue posted:

That's looking a lot better anatomically, but I feel like the perspective is still off. Her extended arm feels a lot thinner and longer to me than it should be compared to her resting arm. I don't think it should recede in size that much unless she was closer to the camera, and if she were, there would be corresponding distortions on the body parts that get closer to the viewer. Also, if it did recede in size like that, I think it would be a lot more foreshortened than it is currently. I think at this point your best bet here is to find a single reference that mimics the whole pose (as opposed to copying body parts from different models), or better yet, take your own.

I did what I could with the arm.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Tried to be a bit less obsessive and a bit more loosey goosey with this one:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Argue posted:

Trying to do something in Leyendecker's style, but how he works out the hair is still an absolute mystery to me

https://twitter.com/cmarguel/status/1339617224168857605

I think you just need to break up the blockier areas with some directional scribbling and maybe scratch some highlights in there:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Just messing around with some portrait work:

Playing around with not being so precious with my brush strokes and just kind of being sloppy with it.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Messing around with light and and stuff:

Also, I drew my wife's Dungeons & Dragons character, a Path of the Wild Magic Barbarian fairy named Trisket:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Off-brand Jason is the best thing I've ever drawn.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Been watching Arcane and it shows.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice