Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Big Beef City posted:

1:1 flour butter.

Use a fork to mash the flour into the butter to form a paste and then add it to your hot stock or pan drippings to form a gravy.
Without knowing how much stock or juices you got I can't tell you how much of this mix you'll need, however, premixing it in this way will prevent any clumping and ensure it thickens your gravy very nicely.

This is good advice that I will try. I always use the typical roux method of whisking flour into hot fat and then adding the drippings. Thank you BBC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Burt Sexual posted:

This is the nicest post I’ve read of yours in 1999. Look forward to more!

E oops 2019