Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

The Canucks lost that series and rightfully so, they were totally outplayed. Doesn't change the fact that the whole thing was a mess of officiating and poor discipline that got completely out of hand. We haven't had a series result in that much bad blood or penalties since and I think a lot of that has to do with how the Rome hit and subsequent brawl were handled.

I think its safe to argue that it got started before that though in game 1 when Burrows bit Bergeron and then came back and had 3 points in game 2 without so much as a fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Levitate posted:

like I don't remember everything about it but I'm pretty sure those emails also showed or at least indicated he had a bias towards his son when it came to league discipline and reffing etc

he's a piece of poo poo and him calling anyone unprofessional is the biggest joke

The irony in this is that Gregory Campbell is a development coach for the Jackets.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/SteveHoem/status/1212838250995494912

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

You have to admit it would be an interesting game. Edmonton would still lose, though

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tortorella is probably the one coach Campbell can say it about from the high ground.

Whatever you think of him now, that he got a job after Vancouver is a joke.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

lmao are you still upset about these things that were in fact correct?

Like Colin Cambell sucks but lmao.

That was one of the most blatant attempts to injure someone in a while.... jumped, hit his head, late as poo poo. It was dumb to defend it then lol

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/CanadiensMTL/status/1212870903299821573

e: https://twitter.com/CanadiensMTL/status/1212877981473026049

Kilza fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jan 3, 2020

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

:ok:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Scandella is a Montreal native.

This is part of the usual Montreal pattern. Midseason, poo poo's not working, trade for a local boy (bonus points if he's French) who's going to turn it around in front of his home town.

I hope Notre Boeuf de Grace brings back the Scandeezy.

Next month they trade for an expiring UFA 2nd line winger.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/SabresPR/status/1212882846773325825

Who knew today was trade day?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Of course they traded Scandella, who was having a great year. Because the guys they really want to get rid of are garbage.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

This might be my memory making stuff up but I am very sure that before the playoffs that very season, Colin Campbell had made some big-brain proclamation about how playoff suspensions would be treated as "worth" 3 games in round 1, 6 in round 2, and so on to 12 in the finals.

So by his logic, that was a 48-game suspension. For a hit which yeah was bad and might have even been worth a suspension but lol

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Brian Burke has claimed that, at least.

Anyway Aaron Rome was terrible and that made the Canucks play Ballard, who also sucked but not as much (but back then you Canucks fans all loved him.)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

N:
https://twitter.com/AlisonL/status/1212924045341134852

V: 8-0-4 L12.

....how?

Aphrodite posted:

Tortorella is probably the one coach Campbell can say it about from the high ground.

Whatever you think of him now, that he got a job after Vancouver is a joke.

And yet:

quote:

361G 195-132-35 .586%

:smug:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Of course they traded Scandella, who was having a great year. Because the guys they really want to get rid of are garbage.

You got an asset for an expiring contract. Wouldn't worry about it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/charlieo_conn/status/1212939421504245761

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

You don't gently caress with tradition.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

rex rabidorum vires posted:

When was the last time someone called Frolik an asset?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I’m not mad, tbh. They needed to do something. Maybe Frolik will be good who knows.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Philadelphia Flyers are dogshit garbage

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

The Devils have a THREE game winning streak? Didn't think that'd happen this season. (It probably already has, but who's keeping count on this dogshit team)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://twitter.com/sabresplays/status/1212924862429351936?s=21

Come for the slick penalty shot, stay for the great RJ call

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Rick Jeanneret fucken rules

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

When was the last time someone called Frolik an asset?

Spreadsheet says until this year he has been a dependable player who drives play and can penalty kill reasonably well. Having a bunch of 30pt players that don't get killed possession wise and can take d zone splits and create chances for themselves/their line or create o zone starts for your big guns is a very useful player if you want to compete.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I'm not mad, tbh. They needed to do something. Maybe Frolik will be good who knows.

He might provide some depth scoring which Buffalo could really use.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Assuming Josi keeps up his pace Nashville will have its first 70pt scorer in 12 years. How is that possible?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They've never had a good scoring forward except Forsberg.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
And Forsberg would have hit 70 in 17-18 if he wasn't injured.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Aphrodite posted:

They've never had a good scoring forward except Forsberg.

I was gonna disagree but you’re right, they’ve always been defensemen. Their scoring has traditionally been spread out among the forwards, I remember several years ago they had the most players with 20+ and 10+ goals in the league, but none over 30.

Edit: also I realize that you might have been referring to Peter and not Filip, but I don’t know much about Peter Forsberg.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Fortunately, Nashville has decided to completely abandon defense this year.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I was gonna disagree but you’re right, they’ve always been defensemen. Their scoring has traditionally been spread out among the forwards, I remember several years ago they had the most players with 20+ and 10+ goals in the league, but none over 30.

Edit: also I realize that you might have been referring to Peter and not Filip, but I don’t know much about Peter Forsberg.

As a hockey fan in the late 90s, I like to pretend the post-Avalanche Peter Forsberg doesn't exist.

As a Caps fan, I also like to pretend Filip Forsberg doesn't exist.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I meant Filip. Peter only played like 17 games there.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I haven't really paid much attention to the CBJ's upcoming schedule, but they get San Jose at home and then the West Coast Swing next.

Sharks bad. Kings bad. Ducks bad. Sharks bad again. MORE POINTS? :getin:

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Kovy is a Hab

https://twitter.com/CanadiensMTL/status/1213136700064571392?s=20

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/1213137113937408006

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/NYIslanders/status/1213135128920313859?s=20

I get Puloch and Pelech confused so I don't know if he's good or not

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Not that anyone would claim him, but he'd be waiver-eligible, right? There's no 35+ protection for sending guys down, is there?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Hello, I am the worst GM ever who likes nothing more, actually, nothing but, giving bum players contracts so they can play for my coach who only likes giving bum players minutes, as long as they play defense and contribute nothing offensively. Whats that you say? Kovalchuk is available? He is a bum these days, I wonder if we can get him to play defensively? :negative:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

codo27 posted:

Hello, I am the worst GM ever who likes nothing more, actually, nothing but, giving bum players contracts so they can play for my coach who only likes giving bum players minutes, as long as they play defense and contribute nothing offensively. Whats that you say? Kovalchuk is available? He is a bum these days, I wonder if we can get him to play defensively? :negative:

700k 2 way deal. It's the epitomy of who gives a gently caress if he sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I know but I've seen this movie 1000 times. He will be benched after one shift and that will be that.