Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Gerblederp posted:

never thought i'd ever see four fights in a game tbh

FBS posted:

wasn't it three fights and a roughing?

There are four fights!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ehlers was trying to fight, the gloves just didn't come off fast enough.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lost in Ovimania last night was this:

https://twitter.com/CapitalsPR/status/1223442557226618881

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Koopa Kid posted:

In addition to us all getting old and not having a lot of new posters the Red Wings, Rangers, Devils and to a lesser extent Habs all having tough seasons kind of takes the wind out of the sails of our more active posting groups.

cutting cable has also tanked how much i watch sports in addition to this.

God the Rangers suck this year

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Number19 posted:

It’s still crazy to me that he doesn’t seem to be slowing down at all. He almost seems to be getting better somehow

He currently has the second-best GPG of his career.

At 34.

Mind you, GPG have been going up in the league.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

They said something last night that this was the first time in his career he scored ten goals in a five game streak.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

THE MACHO MAN posted:

cutting cable has also tanked how much i watch sports in addition to this.

God the Rangers suck this year

They're fun to watch though.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
gently caress you, Mark Messier.

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

Matt Zerella posted:

They're fun to watch though.

Definitely. Panarin is a one-man wrecking crew, DJ Zbad has grown into a legit 1C, Adam Fox is having a hell of a rookie season and now Shesterkin is owning bones. The only negatives this season are honestly The Lindy Ruff Defence Experience and Kakko’s uninspiring rookie campaign.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Cartoon Man posted:

Welp, Ovi’s empty netter puts him now at 695 and sole possession of 8th on the list. Next up is Mike Gartner at 705 I think.

Sens fans cheered his name and gave him a standing ovation at the end of the game, that was cool of them.

Ovi just decided to give Pasta a bit of a head start on goal scoring and then was like "Psych!"

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Twin Cinema posted:

He currently has the second-best GPG of his career.

At 34.

Mind you, GPG have been going up in the league.

I think a lot of it has to do with the Caps having a legit team the last few years.

How many of those older Caps teams were top heavy

larkko posted:

Definitely. Panarin is a one-man wrecking crew, DJ Zbad has grown into a legit 1C, Adam Fox is having a hell of a rookie season and now Shesterkin is owning bones. The only negatives this season are honestly The Lindy Ruff Defence Experience and Kakko’s uninspiring rookie campaign.

Oh yeah, these are all true.

Just watching the defense infuriates me. There is still potential to be good in the next couple of years but it's harder to watch

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

HookShot posted:

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Ovechkin is still very good now but he had a 3 year run as the clear best player on the planet

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
What I love seeing from Ovi lately is that he has been sniping on the rush. We haven't really seen that from him for years. This was a 3 on 1, granted, but still.

https://twitter.com/NHLGIFs/status/1223424483991740416

He's also got a decent number of ENGs this year, which helps. He has at least 5 this season by my count. One last night, two against Detroit to cap a hat trick in December, one to cap a hat trick against the Isles last month and I believe one against Dallas as well.

Banana Canada
Sep 2, 2003
I'd tax all foreigners living abroad.

HookShot posted:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Silver linings:

Casey Mittelstadt has 7-5-12 in his 19 games in Rochester. He didn’t score for the first 3-4 games but he’s been doing well since. So hooray, he isn’t completely ruined!

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Vasy (246 GP) becomes fourth goalie to reach 150 wins in less than 250 GP. Along with ken Dryden (241 GP), Andy moog (245 GP) and some other rear end in a top hat.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Habs sent Kotkaniemi to the AHL. He was alright in his rookie season. Why has he fallen off so hard this year?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

There’s gotta be an unwritten team rule that if empty net opportunities arise, Ovi gets the shot if possible.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pastrnak always gives the ENG away, even when it would be for a hat trick. Because he’s a better teammate than Ovechkin and also not a genocidal maniac’s best friend.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

CBJ with what appears to be a subtle Kobe tribute:
https://twitter.com/bzitojr/status/1223669359177945088/photo/1

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

February thread is up.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3913025

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Wonderllama posted:

Vasy (246 GP) becomes fourth goalie to reach 150 wins in less than 250 GP. Along with ken Dryden (241 GP), Andy moog (245 GP) and some other rear end in a top hat.

Now tell me about playoffs.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Cocaine Bear posted:

Now tell me about playoffs.

Sometimes we go far and sometimes not. It’s a land of contrasts.

Or are you asking because you’re not too familiar?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The impressive thing is that Vasilevskiy sucked last season. His numbers are good because of how dominant Tampa was, but with a good goalie that ridiculous season could have been even crazier.

Then lose in like 5.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Wonderllama posted:

Sometimes we go far and sometimes not. It’s a land of contrasts.

Or are you asking because you’re not too familiar?

Oh, I've seen a few game 5s in my time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..