Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Happy New Year!
This poll is closed.
Happy New Year! 38 22.22%
This year's going to suck too! 78 45.61%
Wait, it's still 2019! 17 9.94%
Zzzzzzzzzz 38 22.22%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
This AMV is both very well-made and extremely KLK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clLkD3rB6yI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Zetsubou-san posted:

after those, the algorithm decided one of my faves was up next

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnQBF2CIygg

Shawn Wasabi does some good mixing, and I'm a fan of random smash cut mini-mix amvs in general. :v:

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Wark Say posted:

Isn't the Kill 6 Billion Demons author known for designing far-out mecha designs for a tabletop RPG or something?

this is like three pages late, but yeah the HORUS mechs in Lancer are usually kinda weird

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

shooting a laser out of my rear end singularity

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

That and the writing falling to pieces in the second half and the thing what Ragyo did to Satsuki.

Man, I get why the second half got lamer after the awesome reveal, that’s just because Trigger just can’t stick the landing from what I can tell except for Inferno Cop and largely LWA, but why was that show so thirsty?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

why was that show so thirsty?
have you ever seen a gainax show

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
also gridmans ending owned

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Kill la Kill is a show about stripfighting. I don't see how you could choose to watch it and then be surprised that it's horny

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Endorph posted:

also gridmans ending owned

So did P&S. It just got boned out of a second season once the team jumped ship from Gainax.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Endorph posted:

have you ever seen a gainax show

Touché, I guess it really shouldn’t bother me in the context of Yoko wearing something that’s pretty much as blatant fanservice so I don’t really know why Ryuko’s outfit does except that it’s not a very cool or funny joke to have her be uncomfortable wearing it? Idk I guess I should just chill

Has that guy really been doing nothing for like five years?

Also Dead Leaves is loving rad.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

no i just cut it off to emphasize sex and violence at machspeed

he directed luluco and promare since then. also did action direction for darling in the franxx, and probably other stuff wikipedia doesn't have since their credits are often lacking

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

PrinnySquadron posted:

this is like three pages late, but yeah the HORUS mechs in Lancer are usually kinda weird

gently caress yeah! Gimme them nightmarish-looking mechas! :woop:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

no i just cut it off to emphasize sex and violence at machspeed

he directed luluco and promare since then. also did action direction for darling in the franxx, and probably other stuff wikipedia doesn't have since their credits are often lacking

ann is a site with ups and downs but their staff/credits listings are solid

he did some storyboarding and stuff for brand new animal

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah i like the ann credits it was just not ideal formatting for doing a bit, lol

their compare feature is so good even if half the time i do it there isn't meaningful shared staff in the way i assumed

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i dunno why people still say trigger's incapable of sticking landings when every show they make that has issues ends up showing them pretty early on, and the ones that don't have them generally have pretty good endings. not like something like kiznaiver just spontaneously started being lame in the last two episodes, show was a mess from day 1

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
But it was a mess that had its moments, which kept people hopeful. Yes, I'm still on the "Kiznaiver was mediocre but not a bad watch" team. Probably a Mari Okada script that just didn't have enough time to breathe.

Luluco was fun pretty much all the way through, except for some of the middle episodes which made no sense if you weren't immersed in other Trigger stuff.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybRSnrxkfIQ

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'd be neutral on kiznaiver if the way they handled honoka didn't suck

it was cool when they gave her an interesting dynamic with niko for five minutes and then never had them interact again

really i don't think having more time to breathe would improve any of kiznaiver its characters just aren't remotely well-defined and don't have compelling or consistent arcs. it wouldn't fix how they set up direct parallels in honoka's relationship with the blue guy with the story she wrote with her friend where a lesbian throws herself on a dude out of sadness that she couldn't actually be with a person she actually loved and then just... never... acknowledged that again.

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 17:48 on May 23, 2020

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
Theres two interesting characters in kiznaiver and the story seems terrified of either of them getting screentime

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
It's still interesting to me that Franxx started kinda mediocre, had a really surprisingly strong middle, and then died at the end. I wouldn't call it an outright unique trajectory, but it's cool to find this little island of strong storytelling and character development in the middle of a lot of what ends up being random stuff. Almost felt kind of true to life in that way lol

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I still need to see more of BNA but that one's supposed to be pretty solid the whole way through.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

The Colonel posted:

i dunno why people still say trigger's incapable of sticking landings when every show they make that has issues ends up showing them pretty early on, and the ones that don't have them generally have pretty good endings. not like something like kiznaiver just spontaneously started being lame in the last two episodes, show was a mess from day 1

ill defend kiznaiver having a really strong opening, it definitely falls apart but i can't bring myself to say it was a mess from day 1. it's been a while but ep 1 for sure was gripping to me, especially because it ends on honoka setting up her reason for being there as i killed someone

i don't think kiznaiver really started to lose itself until halfway through when it tries to weirdly pair people off that hadn't talked at all, and id be pretty satisfied if it had ended on the honoka focus ep tbh

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Has there ever been a series that answers why robot war vehicles would have an obvious weakness like mechanical, jointed legs in the first place? Like, I know it's stupid of me, but I've never been able to see one of those mechas without wondering why nobody just blows the legs off one of them and leaves it flopping around on the ground barely able to move.

I think it comes from a lifetime of studying IRL armored vehicles.

The standard excuse is so they can operate in any terrain/environment. There are also special cases like Evangelion where the "robots" are clones of an alien that humans put armor on, so they didn't have much choice in the matter.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I still need to see more of BNA but that one's supposed to be pretty solid the whole way through.

The ending is a bit limp and undercooked, and doesn't build that well on the rest of the show. Could have used an extra episode.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Droyer posted:

The standard excuse is so they can operate in any terrain/environment. There are also special cases like Evangelion where the "robots" are clones of an alien that humans put armor on, so they didn't have much choice in the matter.

More to the point, they're clones of creatures extremely closely related to humans. Anno making a kaiju show starring literal giant people in rubber suits is a fantastic joke.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Erg posted:

ill defend kiznaiver having a really strong opening, it definitely falls apart but i can't bring myself to say it was a mess from day 1. it's been a while but ep 1 for sure was gripping to me, especially because it ends on honoka setting up her reason for being there as i killed someone

i don't think kiznaiver really started to lose itself until halfway through when it tries to weirdly pair people off that hadn't talked at all, and id be pretty satisfied if it had ended on the honoka focus ep tbh

the first half of kiznaiver isn't as bad as the second half but i think it still suffers from some similar issues to the back half even if not as severely and the context of what the full story ended up going for mangles any parts of the first half that i liked

like taking the first half on its own i still wouldn't really care if you like. tossed out 2/3 of the cast. you wouldn't really lose anything without purple guy other than a bit more bizarrely incoherent character writing.

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 23, 2020

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Justice is a miracle

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
idk what the rest of the show is like but i am really digging the art style of the first episode of Toilet Bound Hanuko-kun

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Kiznaiver has "death by butt", so the beginning is not without merit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjZikvAQTzY

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Big Judo Stream starting in About 25 Minutes (and then the Yawara movie in about 2 hours and 25)
https://cytu.be/r/okayletswatchanime

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

dogsicle posted:

shooting a laser out of my rear end singularity

That's not the gun, that's the containment field for the gun.

Whatever you do, DO NOT drop the containment field.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Princess Nine was a thoroughly enjoyable show until the end.

Now to decide on what to watch next.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Roth posted:

Princess Nine was a thoroughly enjoyable show until the end.

Now to decide on what to watch next.

Ginban Kaleidoscope!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

symphogear

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Aurora posted:

symphogear

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I was thinking NHK personally

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Roth posted:

I was thinking NHK personally

Hell yeah. Very personal to me, probably my favorite anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

where's the vtuber thread

Games.

Erg posted:

i killed someone

...What?