Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Happy New Year!
This poll is closed.
Happy New Year! 38 22.22%
This year's going to suck too! 78 45.61%
Wait, it's still 2019! 17 9.94%
Zzzzzzzzzz 38 22.22%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

is it also connected to the "I'm going to be a pop idol" clip as well? I'm going to miss the stream intentionally just to catch these clips later.

edit: jk. I want to watch the stream but it's never on at times that I can catch it.

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 22:08 on May 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Apparently I have HBO Max, and apparently they have a bunch of Ghibli movies. I'm not sure if I've ever watched Kiki's Delivery Service subbed before? That seems crazy to me, but wow is Jiji's voice absolutely nothing like Phil Hartman's and I feel like I would be less surprised about that if I'd seen it this way previously

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
kurayami dance might be one of my favorite manga. a couple chapters into volume 2 and it hasn't missed a goddamn beat, one of the funniest and most emotionally resonant things suda's ever written and shuji takeya's art is incredible and does wonders to convey its characters and world

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://open.spotify.com/track/4PtXXdT0TgT0H26VWV43Ao?si=iVfOXAZ5QkKnCuHVre0xEQ

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So I’ve managed to track down a complete set of subs for the Japanese version of Samurai Pizza Cats. I don’t think I ever bothered with it as a kid but out of curiosity, is it worth watching?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Not really

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Larryb posted:

So I’ve managed to track down a complete set of subs for the Japanese version of Samurai Pizza Cats. I don’t think I ever bothered with it as a kid but out of curiosity, is it worth watching?

Both versions are on Crunchyroll. As far as I know the original is a pretty straightforward kids show, the very fun English dub is why anyone remembers it at all

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

is it also connected to the "I'm going to be a pop idol" clip as well? I'm going to miss the stream intentionally just to catch these clips later.

edit: jk. I want to watch the stream but it's never on at times that I can catch it.
yeah it's hard to schedule a stream that works for everyone, timezones are bad. the clips run 24/7 though so feel free, I try to clip new stuff from time to time, when something makes me laugh

and yeah same show, amachan has a wide cast of loveable weirdos

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://twitter.com/AnimegirlENG/status/1266651028432343041

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Korone is doing her best.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

https://twitter.com/AnimegirlENG/status/1266505939185741825

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i finished the 25th ward with the true ending

i pretty much got what i expected

i'm going to not play grasshopper games for a while after i get through travis strikes again lol

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i also finished kurayami dance and that has a wild ending too but it's a more immediately interesting one i think. 25th ward's ending was a fun ride but i'm never going to go through it again if i ever replay lol

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
omg, i found my Sailor Venus doll from when i was kid while going through some stuff at my grandparents' house over the weekend. her hair is a mess and i have no idea where the crescent wand she came with has gone but still

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

is that a temporary tattoo

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
the manga box sets came with a couple of sticker sheets so when i got this laptop i slapped Haruka over the Lenovo logo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i started travis strikes again

the gameplay is uhh... well i'm glad i got it for 13 bucks. the writing is fun though. and it's surreal seeing a disco elysium t-shirt in a no more heroes game

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It's a bad game..by which I mean the game part is really bad, but the stuff surrounding it is better

I mean I guess I paid Grasshopper 50 AUD to get confirmation that NMH3 was happening and I did have some fun with it so whatever

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you can see where every aspect of its game design is coming from. the ability system is kinda fun and plenty of the attacks feel pretty weighty, it's just. so slow. it's weird cause i don't think making it more fun to play would take... that much effort? just needs lots of tweaking

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

The Colonel posted:

i started travis strikes again

the gameplay is uhh... well i'm glad i got it for 13 bucks. the writing is fun though. and it's surreal seeing a disco elysium t-shirt in a no more heroes game

Travis Strikes again because it kind of IS a No More Heroes game. Like, the combat in NMH isn't that good.

But it's just missing something that made me stick through 1 and 2.

There's some stuff I like, though. Like Jeanne the cat acting like Jeanne the human was very :tinfoil:

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's a bad game..by which I mean the game part is really bad, but the stuff surrounding it is better

I mean I guess I paid Grasshopper 50 AUD to get confirmation that NMH3 was happening and I did have some fun with it so whatever

I'm seriously worried NMH3 is going to turn out to not actually involve Suda much or be like Saint's Row 3/4 where it gets too up it's own rear end. TSA was pretty close to that second one.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 09:41 on May 31, 2020

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Travis Strikes Again was marketed as Suda's big return to directing games and it's literally just an ad for NMH3, so it'd be weird of Suda jist went away again for it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
no more heroes 2's gameplay is fine

travis strikes again is kinda self-indulgent i guess, but like. idk i can't blame the guy for getting a little self-indulgent with a game he directed personally for the first time in years cause he remembered that making games can still actually be fun, after having to work on a game that absolutely crushed his creative spirit into dust. plus like the only reason he even made it was cause he got reminded about his older work and realized he wanted to make stuff like that again so i guess it's kinda natural that he'd stuff in characters from and references to his real old games

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 16:49 on May 31, 2020

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

No More Heroes 2 is a better gameplay experience in a vacuum, but there's a little intangible something lost in the process. I'm not even saying that makes it worse, it's just...different.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think nmh2 is good if you just don't really expect it to hit on the same notes as a game written by suda. it's wonky and unfinished but i think the same team could make something really good if they had a bit more confidence in their own ideas

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It also has Takashi Miike which is welcome.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
anyway two levels in i think travis strikes again's big problem is that there's a lot less to get invested in about the writing if you haven't played literally every game suda's written since silver case, and the levels need to be like half as long as they are cause i'll spend like a half hour enjoying whatever gimmicks they throw at me and then the next half just kinda mindlessly mashing through to the end. i don't think the combat is... bad, but. it can't sustain the length the game wants at all really

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I just realized I never beat SMT4.

I already loaded up my holidays this week with games and shows so I doubt Ill have time to fit that in. I hope Im not missing out on something good. :ohdear:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Furnaceface posted:

I already loaded up my holidays this week with games and shows so I doubt Ill have time to fit that in. I hope Im not missing out on something good. :ohdear:

SMT 4 is a fun game but your not missing out on to much if you haven’t played it.

Edit: though it does have some amazing music.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Furnaceface posted:

That is my fave 3DS game and it will make you feel so cash-money to finish it.

But still: Go forward with what you had preemptively planned and you enjoy that proper. :woop:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/tvtuners/status/1267191682287747072

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Apropos of well...poo poo going down right now.

For some reason, the end time stamp kept loving up on me, so you can just stop it after the first clip.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

fonse kagatie reading the zeta records like "drat this scirocco guy had some good ideas"

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Somehow found myself reading May I Please Ask You Just One Last Thing?

It's a fantasy shoujo romance, except the female lead is a bloodthirsty brawler. I can point to its finer points:

- people getting punched in the face
- it's not an isekai
- plenty of sparkling bishies
- political intrigue

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wark Say posted:

That is my fave 3DS game and it will make you feel so cash-money to finish it.

But still: Go forward with what you had preemptively planned and you enjoy that proper. :woop:

Spring thread just reminded me I never beat Devil Survivor 2 as well, though I dont exactly have the same desire to play it as I do SMT4. Characters and story felt a lot more flat than DS1.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Furnaceface posted:

Spring thread just reminded me I never beat Devil Survivor 2 as well, though I dont exactly have the same desire to play it as I do SMT4. Characters and story felt a lot more flat than DS1.

In DS1 you take down a powerful demon by desperately hoping a phone attachment that looks like it's weakness will work somewhat. In DS2 a good portion of the threats are dealt with by unleashing various super weapons hidden by the people you are working for. It turns out a story built on the stuff like the former is much more interesting then one based on the later.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
DeSu 2 has better gameplay but 1 has a better story.

They've both got generally good characters, imo.