Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Happy New Year!
This poll is closed.
Happy New Year! 38 22.22%
This year's going to suck too! 78 45.61%
Wait, it's still 2019! 17 9.94%
Zzzzzzzzzz 38 22.22%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

well, time to get my yearly anime chat thread post in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i always believed in you julias

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Namtab posted:

You never believed in me :(

anyone weaker than i in Touhou 9: Phantasmagoria of Flower View is too weak to moderate

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Demystify Feast is Suika's theme so it's to be expected

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

in germany that movie is called Fortress: Die Festung, which translated back into english means Fortress: The Fortress

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i haven't played x8 in a hundred years and i can still hear this in Bamboo's slow papa bear voice

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

maybe this time the forums will end up more dead than gay

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Julias posted:

Afternoon everyone. I had been busy with work and talking with other Mods and Admins about the future of SA, so I didn't have time to pen a concise message about the issue yet, but I will say Reene's admin announcement is spot on. I believe in Logan Day's claims, and my loyalty is with the userbase of Something Awful. We mods aren't ready to give up on the SA forums yet, but I feel the most important thing right now is for posters to stay connected to each other, to be able to comfort each other, and to have support lines when they need it. There are individual discords for specific threads, such as the Gunpla thread, the Tokusatsu thread, and the Toonami thread, but they do not wish to become ADTRW discords or to be flooded with a bunch of refugees. Cuntellectual made a discord for this purpose, and I did join it to be able to reach out to as many ADTRW posters as possible, but I'll be honest and say that I do not trust Cuntellectual as a poster, and if other people do not feel comfortable posting there and want me to do so, I could set up a separate ADTRW discord server.

i'd rather have a discord server that was owned by a different user, frankly

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

messed up that the chat thread with "to be continued..." in the subtitle might end up being the last one

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

i will never touhou

weak

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

I dont bullet hell, shmups or metroidvania.

Also touhou is massive and intimidating and I just prefer simple things that have a single starting/entry point. Im old, what can I say? :shrug:

there's also fighting games, in which you should fight me, coward

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Phantasium posted:

i know someone mentioned a touhou metroidvania, but what was the name of that one fangame that came out... had to have been more than a decade ago at this point that basically just looked like one of the DS castlevanias and the character had a whip?

Koumajou Densetsu? the first had Reimu using a whip, at least

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Phantasium posted:

heck yeah, i feel like the first time i played that it wasn't even finished.

edit: somehow i missed the "the first" in that sentence and didn't realize there's more than one, neat.

there's two, and i never played them myself, but apparently the second is considered a hundred times better than the first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Acerbatus posted:

Anything except the games.

disagreed