Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Happy New Year!
This poll is closed.
Happy New Year! 38 22.22%
This year's going to suck too! 78 45.61%
Wait, it's still 2019! 17 9.94%
Zzzzzzzzzz 38 22.22%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Some goon asked for help ID'ing an anime in the previous version of this thread.

Solitair posted:

My roommate just asked me about an anime that he's been looking for that he saw in high school. He knows it aired on Funimation, and guesses the original air date to be from 2009-2011. From what he told me, it's about an internet troll guy who meets a girl who can pull swords from another dimension, at one point doing so from a wall. He's trying to learn how to do the same thing, since he has that as a buried ability; he wrongly thinks it's a property of a sword he owns, but in reality that sword is a fake. I don't know anything about it beyond that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also how dare you, Julias? We're settling this once and for all with a match! :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C4lK41SX-Q

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Elephant Parade posted:

stop putting thread titles in quotes
Done.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Little Princess. :3:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
So from here on out, Julias will be the 2nd mod of ADTRW.

I'm aware that, all things considered, ADTRW is a relatively relaxed part of the forums, but having an additional mod would probably aid in keeping it that way. Thanks for accepting and here's to you, Julias! :cheers:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sharkopath posted:

I came back just to say congrats to Julias and I wish you well modding because a good friend of mine got hit with a real unjust probation here so I gotta make my dramatic exit real for reals now, the whole place seems like its falling apart.

Peace and love to you all in 2020.
Take care, Sharky. :sadwave:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ibblebibble posted:

:negative: Bunny GIrl Senpai movie why do you hurt me so
It's a real punch in the crotch of your feels, ain't it? :cry:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Senshi is fun for the whole family. :colbert:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
But will there be neck physics? :raise:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Welcome back. Noisy Metalcore for you, bees.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvWnnSCJHeM

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Phimose Knight posted:

you can run but you can't... hive
Puns. My one weakness!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Namtab posted:

Baby mod confirmed for blood drinking murderer. Time to campaign for ju lias to step down
Eh, could be worse. Could be a buttrocker.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Furnaceface posted:

... I thought we were pals. :smith:
Oh we deffo are, but we enjoy buttrock, Furnie. We are pretty bad.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
STFU, I'm reviving you and you're gonna like it! :mad:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Facetious posted:

No it isn't.

KONG!

KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG!
Facetious broke! :ohdear:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out what's going on because I just woke up to all of this and, again, my reaction is something among the lines of trying to make sense of all this without feeling like my brain just took a poo poo and died.

So no, I had no clue that this whole shebang was going on.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

K. Flaps posted:

In blatant unirregardlessness of all the drama that's going on mods should always be pelted with sharp-edged granite.
Feh, Granite.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Colonel posted:

tbf megas xlr was pretty good
I mean, I certainly dig a giant robot.

Also, I'll cope to loving Gravity Falls a good deal.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, Gravity Falls kinda floundered in the last part of the second season, but it still has a mecha battle! And even has that good old-school tradition of playing the opening song in full/a different version during a badass confrontation in the last episodes!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Black Stones posted:

I would kill for a hockey anime, if it was as good as Haikyuu is.
And almost as many blows to the face/head! :mmmhmm:

I worry about my son Hinata. :ohdear:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wasn't the King's Avatar supposedly good?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

A Doomed Purloiner posted:

You couldn't pay me to care about a MOBA.
Bah! :livintrope:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The only gacha thing I play is FEH like twice a week because I'm a flake, a coward and a crook. But AFAIK, The King's Avatar is about an eSports player that gets the boot from his OG team.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Namtab posted:

Anyone who doesn't like sports has to fight me irl. There are so many sports that you cant hate them all
On the bigger Ball/puck-centric sports:
  • Basketball, Hockey, Volleyball and Gridiron-style Football are alright.
  • Association football is fun to play but it bores me to death to watch it. Sorta the same with baseball.
  • Don't care about cricket or lacrosse.
  • Rugby is like watching a horror movie that's so cheesy you can't look away, so I'll give it that.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Hungry posted:

and sensha-do.
PANZER loving VOR :black101:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
A reference to two or little orv's previous AV's, the first one being Nono from Diebuster and the second one being a crudely-drawn picture of Honoka Kousaka from Love Live rotating.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's the Meshuggah of AV's. :aaaaa:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Smoking Crow posted:

You like the king of sports, pro wrestling
Pro Wrestling is not a sport.

It's a motherfucking way of life.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Jose posted:

i guess action or thriller stuff. i recently finished ajin on netflix and liked that for example
Shiki for thriller/horror is pretty good. Chaika for action is a fun romp. And at 2 cours (22 episodes for both series, in this case), neither overstays its welcome.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jan 11, 2020

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Akanesasu is a good choice cause it's really good and just got ignored cause Zombieland, Gridman and Bloom were same season
To be fair, those 3 shows were also really good/entertaining.

It's similar to what happened to Blast of Tempest on Fall 2012/Winter 2013: It went against Psycho-Pass' 1st season, the Pet Girl of Sakurasou, motherfucking Jojo and From the New World, not to mention the (admittedly weakest one of its bunch, but still incredibly popular) Fairy Dance arc of Sword Art Online, even though the show itself is pretty boss.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
This was delicious, like eating a small stack of orange + walnut-flavored pancakes with sliced strawberries as topping, a bacon strip fried juuuuussst right on the side and a hot cup of chocolate as beverage.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It depends from case to case. For example, the current anime wandering around Netflix jail Dorohedoro got officially announced when the last chapter came out in the second half of 2018, but then the trailers didn't start pouring until October of last year.

Also I think we had gotten an announcement like in May 2018 or something that the "Anime Planning Committee" had formed.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

dogsicle posted:

*thinks about the Pluto anime*
Holy smokes, that was almost 3 years ago, wasn't it?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lessail posted:

what makes a word real
Pomp. And occasionally quackery.

But mostly pomp.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Beato Believer posted:

No circumstance?
Circumstances come and go. Pomp and quackery are where it's at.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If I'm not misremembering completely (which I might be), the top two guys of Type-Moon basically confirmed that El-Melloi is canon and directly leads to the original recipe F/SN's beginning, but because it contradicts Fate/Zero in a couple of things, Zero got relegated to "alternate timeline" or some other shenanigan of that ilk. And again, I might be misremembering, but the explanation for the apprentice girl's face basically boils down to the fact that that Takeuchi (one of the aforementioned top two Type-Moon's guys) really liked that one drawing and said "gently caress it, I really like that one character's face".

Which tbh is as good a reason as any to create characters.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, and honestly, I like that "gently caress it, I like this character's design, so imma re-use it" attitude.

Like I find lore hella interesting, but I want my entertainment to be, well, entertaining. You can tell me that X or Y band did a concept album about one of the Houses of Wisdom (a subject which is my loving jam), but if the music isn't at least 1/4 as rad as Gorguts' concept EP on the matter, then yeah, pass.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
x4 was the first one where Zero was fully playable, right?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

dogsicle posted:

it has like 30 characters so at a baseline they just don't write 1/4 of them and all-but kill those people off (lol) and then the remaining ones still have to fight for screentime to have arcs or anything interesting. it's also a story that centers around two of the least interesting characters in that cast both in terms of their arc and what action they're involved in.

however

i think the action is great, the characters who do stand out can buoy the watching experience despite lackluster leads, and also the music is good
Also, it has a fairly good latin-american dub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1RvxzbjH68

Yes, William Shakespeare is a servant. Yes, he's an rear end in a top hat. And Yes, he's pretty darn entertaining in all 3 languages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

littleorv posted:

Welcome to rock n’ roll night
Welcome to rock n’ roll fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llMjGASKWro