Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Happy New Year!
This poll is closed.
Happy New Year! 38 22.22%
This year's going to suck too! 78 45.61%
Wait, it's still 2019! 17 9.94%
Zzzzzzzzzz 38 22.22%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ai girlfriend posted:

i read this the other day and assumed the author was a libertarian due to the mc's beliefs. also it's incredibly fun

Watching the anime does help as the most heroic music is only played when people are trying to save their comrades/get revenge by killing her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It will come sooner or later.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I started watching Iruma on a whim and I am surprised at how much I have enjoyed it.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DoubleDonut posted:

I'm fine with either one as long as it's permanent

Pretty much this.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Doctor Reynolds posted:

In self isolation mode, I just binged all of Haikyu. It's great!

This does seem as good a time as any to start binging on shows that I meant to watch but never did.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Except for the musical acts staring her entire family.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Julias posted:

You Do (Not) Exist

I guess I will have something to figure out during the quarantine then.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Clarste posted:

Not gonna lie, my life has been exactly the same in every way since the lock-down.

The background feeling of dread has definitely gone up.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DoubleDonut posted:

Garfield will easily outlive all of us

No need to undersell it. Garfield will outlive our grandchildren.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Dangerous Person posted:

People can share July with me

Yay. Wasn't sure how I was going to figure out a new Birthdate for myself.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Julias posted:

Valentine's Day was a mistake.

It is always fun trying to figure out just what your parents were up to when they conceived you.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Congrats Wark.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DoubleDonut posted:

it's time for me to go outside. nothing bad happened over the past, like, nine months, right?

Things are pretty much the same so don't worry about it.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Stairmaster posted:

My cat scrambles came back after disappearing a week and a half ago

I am happy to hear that.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Despite never watching this amv before it was extremely nostalgic.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Darth Walrus posted:

Iron-Blooded Orphans has mobile suits in general and Gundams in particular become extremely obsolete by the end.

It also explains why mecha are human-shaped - because armour is good enough that you need sledgehammers rather than bullets to get through it, so you might as well have a design that's suited to melee combat as we understand it, and because mecha were originally designed to be controlled by brain-computer interfaces, so they needed to be humanoid in order for their pilots to be able to use them like an extension of their own bodies. It's actually kind of cool how they do this, because the suits that are most perfectly designed to use those brain-computer interfaces look like cortical homunculi rather than people.

It isn't so much that they are obsolete as if you are willing to do what amounts to warcrimes then there is very little even the best suit/pilot can do.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Here is an AMV I stumbled across recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a9XWxFNxCE

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

people posting amvs makes me wonder, was there ever an amv that introduced you to a musical group you had never known of and wound up digging up more about because you liked their stuff so much?

this one piece amv was that for me, I'd never heard of Masterplan before and Sail On is a fantastic song, they've got a bunch of fantastic stuff in their discography. also the amv is pretty good itself which helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5-NhI5JvqI&hd=1

It is difficult for me to name one just because there are so many that did so.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Furnaceface posted:

I just realized I never beat SMT4.

I already loaded up my holidays this week with games and shows so I doubt Ill have time to fit that in. I hope Im not missing out on something good. :ohdear:

SMT 4 is a fun game but your not missing out on to much if you haven’t played it.

Edit: though it does have some amazing music.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Furnaceface posted:

Spring thread just reminded me I never beat Devil Survivor 2 as well, though I dont exactly have the same desire to play it as I do SMT4. Characters and story felt a lot more flat than DS1.

In DS1 you take down a powerful demon by desperately hoping a phone attachment that looks like it's weakness will work somewhat. In DS2 a good portion of the threats are dealt with by unleashing various super weapons hidden by the people you are working for. It turns out a story built on the stuff like the former is much more interesting then one based on the later.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Even without the whole going mad thing, Duma had it coming with Twilight of the Gods.

He should be thanked for providing such an awesome ost just before he died and being the inspiration of some awesome one liners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I really enjoyed Shaman King so I would be down for watching more of it.