Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Happy New Year!
This poll is closed.
Happy New Year! 38 22.22%
This year's going to suck too! 78 45.61%
Wait, it's still 2019! 17 9.94%
Zzzzzzzzzz 38 22.22%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

destroy anyone who votes that this year is gonna suck imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

imo even though ARR is the weakest part of XIV it still has some nice moments and charming writing and a lot of it is called back to in later content in interesting ways, so it's not ideal to skip it all

still looking forward to whenever they squash that content so new players dont have to wait 80 hours to get to the good part lmao

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Booky posted:

su and gravity falls and new she ra are all pretty solid watches :)

steven universe is cute and has some exceptional high points but it has a lot of episodes of uneven quality and even with its large number of episodes a lot of interesting threads get dropped

gravity falls is better overall just 'cause it had an idea, executed that idea within two quality seasons, then ended before it could bloat

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Booky posted:

i'd say that gravity falls had kind of a rushed second season towards the end (but the ending was still good and pulled it all together), personally. :)

su (haven't been able to watch the recent new Steven Universe Z eps yet) has a more relaxing pace + overall more hits than misses on eps, and more of a slice of life-like feel which seems a bit rare in western animation? idk what threads got dropped though, were they from s1?

yeah i'll admit it's been a few years since I watched gravity falls

and i getcha, a lot of people hate every townie episode but there's some real nice stuff in them (that don't involve ronaldo at least), and most of the entire-episode misses are concentrated in season 1. as far as actual dropped threads the biggest thing that comes to mind at the top of my head is the cool biker lady Pearl meets, it felt like there should've been followup on that we never got. what mostly bugged me was bismuth being completely memory-holed after her debut until the finale (that she didn't get to do much in), and it feels like lapis and peridot got super sidelined once they moved to the barn

i liked parts of the finale but it felt kinda rushed and unsatisfying, but i admit i haven't watched the movie or epilogue series yet

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Mill Village posted:

A lot of people lose their jobs with little notice. Corporations are pretty lovely that way.

Mill Village posted:

I think they handled it fine. People are just trying to manufacture a scandal because they’ve got nothing better to do.