Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Happy New Year!
This poll is closed.
Happy New Year! 38 22.22%
This year's going to suck too! 78 45.61%
Wait, it's still 2019! 17 9.94%
Zzzzzzzzzz 38 22.22%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Namtab as a mod? Over Wark's dead body. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

J A P A N I M A T I O N

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

CubeTheory posted:

Trying to find anime pizza pictures has ruined my life

nsfw?

Nanda kore wa.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

1. What convinced you to recruit a second mod, boss?
2. I hope you give that Japan history book I sent you a good read soon, Julias.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

You know how it fits? Fapping to wet dreams depletes your vitality, dumbass.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Jesus christ what did I miss within 300 posts

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

You don't have to pay me to care about Fate Grand Order dear; I just won't ever play it myself.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

TOKYO GODFATHERS IS COMING TO THE STATES IN MARCH

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Just recieved word that my grandmother has had a second stroke after three years.
The trip to hawaii next month would've been to support her. I do not know if she will live, or if I will still be allowed to go.I'm equally torn and my evening is ruined.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wark Say posted:

Try to communicate with her, even if it's by phone, message, letter, whatever shakes out the best for you. Don't leave stuff hanging/unfinished.

Julias posted:

That's awful Grouchio.
My sincere advice is that you talk with your parents and close siblings about it and what to do for her and for yourselves.

Homeless Friend posted:

Outside of what Julias said: Spend your evening contemplating what she means to you, good and bad, and how she has affected your life imo, if you haven't already. With family if you feel like it. Confronting the mortality of people you care about is painful but also can be freeing in that small space where you celebrate the influence of that persons life. Although maybe that sounds a bit too sappy. Best case she recovers and you do end up going to Hawaii you will have solidified the value of that short time you can spend with her.

Thank you everyone.
It was a mini-stroke it turns out. She's recovering in the hospital now. She will live.
(And my vacation is saved)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Julias posted:

That's good to hear. I still highly recommend you talk about it with others though and listen to what Wark and Homeless Friend had to say- consider this a heads up that a lot of people don't get.
...I only find this redundant because I had this exact same scenario in october 2017 when she had a serious stroke and I got similar advice. :v:
Since then grandma has been living far better thanks to my efforts.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Cuntellectual posted:

Humanity has declined.
Nay, it has ascended in a weird direction.
Just like it always has.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Grandma finally woke up from her stroke and seizure. She'll be in rehab for her third stroke now. And her 86th birthday is next month.
No trip to Hawaii that's certain now. Guess I'll be heading for my ex-Colonel friend's house in Coronado instead.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Aurora posted:

i will not suffer to be below grouchio
Whaaaaaaaat my avatar's cool and custom-built.

Oh my posting style? I think it's improved since I started acting like a person and less like Coconut Fred

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Ohio sucks, may as well escape to the internet
Move to Maine.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Two hours since the latest Kaguya chapter dropped and no feedback? C'mon man!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

GorfZaplen posted:

Devilman Crybaby definitely wasn't that good.
Crybaby was one of the best anime of the decade; it is also impossible to rewatch from how it ends. I wouldn't call that bad.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hoo boy the general fuckery in Iowa. Their trashy campaign app crashed and stopped all results coming in, and won't be fixed till tomorrow night!
And Buttgieg paid a dark money corp called SHADOW to make it. Then he declares victory with no official results out. So has everyone else.
Bernie has the most complete/precise results on hand, with him in the lead by 6% with 40% of precincts called.
We might not even have to have lovely Iowa caucuses anymore. Or first.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The last 24 hours have felt like a bloody Code Geass episode.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I GOT HIRED FOR A MORTGAGE INTERNSHIP!!!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

homeless snail posted:

congratulations on becoming a class traitor
If I'm going to live a millenia I'm going to have to become well-off and valuable to afford it.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Feb 15, 2020

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The bros used their evil tactics to take another state...
Didn't know Ibram Gaunt was a Bloomberg apologist

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I need a hug after super Tuesday. I need to consume more anime.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dorohedoro, fate Babylonia, interspecies reviewers. Should pick up some more before April

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Agronox posted:

Well, if it's stressing you out, just turn off the primary results. Watch something else, go to sleep, and don't look to see what happened until you wake up. The drip-drip-drip of watching the votes come in can be maddening. (I still have ptsd from the nyt needle in 2016)

Good luck out there.
Thanks; we'll all need it after the youth failed to turn out and the elderly made it clear they still own this planet.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

dogsicle posted:

sever from cspam

Mhmm.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wark Say posted:

If you are following something to the point that it's wrecking your nerves/affecting your day-to-day in such a negative way, yeah, consider taking a break from it. Plenty of other things to try while you're not doing that one thing.
I wanna move the gently caress to New Zealand.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Agronox posted:

very much enjoying the new tame impala album
How is it compared to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6CZTDCb7g4

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is being a cat fine too?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Re Zero S2 got delayed to July thanks to Corona-Chan.

This morning suuuuuuuuuucks. :livintrope:

What should I watch to dull the pain?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Maine really needs to get on the Atlantic timezone.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

WHAT THE FLYING gently caress

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wark I apologize for posting lewds of Maid Komi.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Furnaceface posted:

Im really trying to like Danganronpa but I think I have to accept that I will never enjoy any kind of death game themed anything. :smith:

I was giving it an honest try because my friend bought me the whole series on Steam back at Christmas (plus Date a Live, which I most likely wont ever play through either) because he found out I had finally got into anime and he loves VNs. I really didnt want him to feel like he wasted money but lord almighty I dont like this stuff. :(
This franchise may have literally helped drag my mental stability down the shitter in my College freshman year.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

This is a great April Fool's day.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Endorph posted:

why would you respect julias
I gave her a massive secret santa gift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

How can Lowtax be an abusive parent if his spine's all hosed up? Dumb question I know.