Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Happy New Year!
This poll is closed.
Happy New Year! 38 22.22%
This year's going to suck too! 78 45.61%
Wait, it's still 2019! 17 9.94%
Zzzzzzzzzz 38 22.22%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Grapplejack posted:

Fate / Stay NEET would make a good username, probably.
I've been huffing down tamales and lentil soup all day and I have the hot new trend for 2020.

Chuunibiyo Isekai

"Can a Demon Lord from Another World Really Be This Bad at Taking Hints?!"

"Reborn as a Class SS Mage but I Have to Survive Middle School Before My Powers Manifest"

"Help! My Childhood Friend is a Dragon Master from Beyond this Universe!"

And for the perverts:
"My Numerous Sexual Conquests from Another Land have Ill Prepared Me for Gyarus"

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jan 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

K. Flaps posted:

It's very sickening that this forum has 2 mods all of a sudden
Just remember, the mod of the north star and the mod of the south star must never meet in combat

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
So I'm watching that BBC Dracula series and SPOILERS FOR EP2
I'm laughing my rear end off that Drac survives the Demeter by busting a DIO in the cargo hold with his box o dirt

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'm on episode 5 of O Maidens and the awkwardness is building...

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Julias posted:

I would never do this, as I watched one episode of SU, didn't like it, and never watched anymore.
SU is like what happens when someone that loves Sailor Moon and Utena makes an ORIGINAL UNIVERSE DO NOT STEAL because it's loaded with cool weeb stuff seen through US Animation filters.

Also gently caress, Voice of the Dead last chapters went up :cry:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The Colonel posted:

anyway its an ok show but people got weird about putting it as the most important thing for gay rights ever when its just a pretty ok cartoon
Yeah but what's exactly the size of the field for that? Can't fault people for being super enthusiastic about something that finally addresses them as a group.

I hate and love the Voice of the Dead manga-ka, btw. :cry: What a finish.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

homeless snail posted:

eagerly awaiting the one piece stream
Twitch should do a One Piece marathon like they did with Power Rangers.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Red Minjo posted:

The stock market is tired of bullshit, will now try bearshit.
I've got all my money tied up in Waifu Pillows and Tenga Eggs.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

verbal enema posted:

2020 and they're making a new Alien Hominid?

been a looooooooooooooong time since i thought of Alien Hominid
I wrote that company off when their answer to "our game eats your saves, not sure why!" was "eh, just grind through everything again you'll unlock it again eventually".

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

doomrider7 posted:

That bad huh.
Isekai 4tet sucks and injecting Ristarte-face and dickwad energy would at least make it fun.

Elephant Parade posted:

This is like Garfield without the jokes

:yossame:
I fuckin hate that cat

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Hanako-kun is just consistently gorgeous but gently caress is it boring as gently caress to me.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Yuri, more.like Furry. Am I inde3d corrext?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Can we at least get the dumb cat timg-tag posted so it's not loving huge on my iPhone 4?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
So Hensuki.... uhhhh... went in a weird place.

Have to give props to the dub folks for really making it tolerable. Way better than the subs, and makes it easier to be in the background while folding laundry and poo poo.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Julias posted:

Feel like sharing with the rest of the class?
Sorry, it's a season old and I assumed.

So the plot is dumb softcore VA poo poo, which makes sense since the title is "Are you Willing to Fall in Love with a Pervert, As Long as She's A Cutie". Average guy gets a love letter confession and a pair of panties in his locker so he's off to match the undies to the owner in some kind of teen Cinderella thing.
Along the way the graveur club president reveals she has a sub fetish, the perky bitchy librarian classmate is a dom-masochist, the quiet girl is a yaoi fudanshi, and the class president loves the smell of man-sweat

Anyway, turns out the culprit is the guy's sister, who isn't his biological sister. Which he never figured out despite being the same age and having birthdays like 7 months apart... so it's a case of the family adopting an orphaned family friend's daughter when they were both young and everyone just kind of never mentioning it again. And the last episode is him coming to terms that his Brady Bunch situation makes a relationship totally cool and not weird at all!

As for the dub, it's not Ghost Stories level since they keep the plot intact. They just decide to liven up the dialogue a little here and there, with phrases like
Chesty McBreasterson
Droopy JiggleJoggers
"Hey do girls ever get the urge to go clammando??
"Well I was loose-cooch'ing it the other day and..."
and a looseness of dialogue here and there.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jun 17, 2020

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Captain Cappy posted:

Sorry I was too busy watching Klan’s Klans.
Aisha Clan-Clan of the Ctrl-Alt-Delempire?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Cuntellectual posted:

I didn't understand a single thing about it, but growing up my favorite anime soundtrack was .hack//sign, inu yasha doesn't even compare :colbert:
OH-PEN YOUR HEAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRTTTTTTT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bHgx8qIQ6s

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That's probably as good as that series will ever look without AI upscaling, eh?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Wtf ORESUKI just ends on a cliffhanger to be resolved in a loving OVA delayed until SEPFUCKINGTEMBER?!?!??!?!?!??!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Aurora posted:

calm down grouchio
I haven't been blueballed by a show this bad since, uh, Rascal Senpai.

Oh man, the ED dance in Ep4 of Kaguya! :carol: :swoon: