Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Happy New Year!
This poll is closed.
Happy New Year! 38 22.22%
This year's going to suck too! 78 45.61%
Wait, it's still 2019! 17 9.94%
Zzzzzzzzzz 38 22.22%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

2020 is the year of iyashikei

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i thought that was the entire premise/identity of breath of fire as a series

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i like king of the hill

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i don't appreciate having it demystified

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

cergos posted:

Does anyone know how long on average it takes for a show to be aired after it is “announced”?

9-12 months is typical but it can vary a lot

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Dzhay posted:

Speaking of: have we heard anything about the Bakarina anime since it was announced. That was a while ago, right?

it's airing next season

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

there's been a lot of mystery/procedurals lately but that's the only one that uses actual holmes by name as far as i know

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

idk i feel like netflix has been funding a pretty good mix of stuff, and even the violent and edgy stuff they do is really fuckin good typically

like they're also funding stuff like violet evergarden and little witch academia and gave precure a home (albeit a hosed version of precure)

and on the violent edgy end they're doing stuff like devilman and baki and dorohedoro, so i can't really complain about that either

i think the only ones of those that netflix actually funded the production of are violet evergarden and devilman, the others are just licensed

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the 1-2 punch of avoiding all anime-related decorations and never having guests over anyway

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the saturn had mr. bones so there's really no contest

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

KoB posted:

Didnt platinum just get a huge influx of Tencent money? Why are they running a kickstarter for their mediocre game.

it's a marketing tactic to make people feel like they have to preorder

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

to me, the xbox is normal and all the other consoles are tiny

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Mister Facetious posted:

welp, still no reason to reup netflix I guess. Wake me when they pay for another season of Little Witch.

they paid for a new show by the little witch director instead

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Aurora posted:

what kind of series is iruma

shonen comedy

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the people who make 60fps interpolations of anime presumably have very little grasp of animation or film

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i just watched that episode of nichibros earlier this morning :spooky:

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

kyousougiga works well for that too

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I've been watching Deep Space Nine instead of anime lately.

its the only non-anime tv series i've seen every episode of

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

season 4-6 are insanely good

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

that's just what reality looked like back then

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

that sounds enough like wishful thinking that it makes me start to doubt the entire set of leaks

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

doomrider7 posted:

I'm drawing a blank, but what was that heist looking anime that was supposed to come out this year I think for the summer or maybe this spring?

was it Great Pretender? supposed to run in summer+fall seasons if it's not postponed. it's gonna be netflix jailed though

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

glad to see Cool 3D World breaking into anime

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i was pleasantly surprised at how little it cared about replicating the shock value aspect of the original, and at how effective the horror stuff still was without that. i also really really liked the episode about the green haired girl whose name i forget now

even with lesser animation it still puts most tv anime to shame visually with the layouts and overall style

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

jar jar binks tier sidekick character

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i thought the writing in grimgar was miserable and couldn't figure out what people saw in it and then felt vindicated when everyone hated fairy gone

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

ikuhara is clearly a david lynch fan yeah

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i liked the dream world segments and the episodic cases but it lost me with the ending arc

was kinda like if flip flappers was a seriousface crime thriller

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

nah they just handwave away any possibility of the girls getting hurt

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

its good. iirc the aria/sketchbook crew also made tamayura if you haven't seen that one

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

its one of the most beloved animes, why would it be a joke suggestion

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

railgun is good anime yes

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

theres already a good tatami galaxy spinoff, why not another

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

trigger is basically gainax 2.0 so you can also watch old gainax stuff like gunbuster/diebuster and FLCL and gurren lagann if you want to see the evolution of their style

ssss gridman is the best trigger show by far imo but its in a somewhat different lane than their usual stuff tonally and thematically

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

Been building a watchlist, and Promare and SSSS.Gridman are on it. Gurren Lagann is thankfully on Hulu, so I can add that for later as well. Thanks for the suggestions ya'll!

How is Little Witch Academia? I added it on Netflix, but not sure if it's different than any of their other stuff.

little witch is good, it's intended as a family/childrens type show so its pretty simple writing-wise but fun

their new show BNA should be out on netflix next week as well. it's decent

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

rolling girls is really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

Enjoying SSSS.Gridman so far, makes me kind of want to dive into a slice of life show for some reason though. Maybe just because I'm enjoying the characters more than the action scenes. I wouldn't even know where to begin since I've never watched slice of life anime before.

K-On is a classic. Barakamon is really good if you want something that isn't school life