Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Happy New Year!
This poll is closed.
Happy New Year! 38 22.22%
This year's going to suck too! 78 45.61%
Wait, it's still 2019! 17 9.94%
Zzzzzzzzzz 38 22.22%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

yeah the only time those recommended things have been useful have been when they serve up a show ive already seen and it reminds me to rewatch some of it, can't think of a show i've just tried sight unseen like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

G-L is basically a love letter to the entire genre so saying that it’s the only mech show you can tolerate is ??????

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

eric andre voice

do you think ragyo kiryuin effectively utilized girl power when

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

yeah outside of a discord or two this was really the only place i read about anime so itll be bummer for it to be gone

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

that touhou metroidvania game they released on steam whips rear end

also that battle network fangame someone made

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Acerbatus posted:

Is there an actual fangame or do you mean Beyond Eden which has similar mechanics?

shangai.exe, i think there's an lp someones doing of it in the lp forum but I played some and its good

one step from eden is also insanely good, and one of the first big mods was adding marisa, so it counts imo. im just too bad at shmups to play the actual games

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Clarste posted:

For what it's worth, Shanghai.exe is much more of a MMBN fangame than a Touhou fangame, the Touhou references are pretty much just name-and-appearance cameos while it's written entirely as a MMBN game.

yeah honestly thats why i didn't stick with it. it uhhh keeps the really slow pacing of mmbn games. always fun to play tho.

studio mujahideen fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jun 26, 2020

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

have they made a touhou moba yet

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Endorph posted:

play fantasy maiden wars

are they supposed to be played in order or should i skip to whichevers the best

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Much like Homestuck, whenever people talk about Touhou in any detail I always feel like I'm having a stroke because there's all these words I recognize in grammatical sentences but I can't comprehend any of it.

drat, thats sounds wacky as hell, dude. maybe its just good, actually, and you should engage with it sincerely instead of doing the "lmao this is like someone made this on DRUGS!!" of posting

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

wheres the larping anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Sharkopath posted:

i hung out with a bunch of larpers once and they told me a story about how in the big field battle multinight event they simulated cavalry by the cavalry loudly announcing they were cavalry and everybody had to move slower until they passed by since they couldnt get hold of horses

and i think back to that and it makes me smile sometimes

larping was always one of those things where i could never do it but i respect the people who could get out there and just live their best lives. seemed fun as hell